The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What do I need to do to be on the PTS Server?

Wuuffyy
Wuuffyy
✭✭✭✭✭
^
Edited by Wuuffyy on February 5, 2018 8:05PM
Wuuffyy,
ESO player since 2014
-PM for questions
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you own the base game on the PC you can access it. There is no test server for consoles.
    Edited by JasonSilverSpring on February 5, 2018 8:07PM
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you own the base game on the PC you can access it. There is no test server for consoles.

Awesome! I'm an xbox gamer that just recently bought a pc capable of running eso. I'm about to go and buy the game? Do I have to buy the DLC to test the DLC content as well? For example the sets and such?
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just buy the game and download the ESO launcher. From the PC launcher, click the gear icon in the top right (next to minimize and close icons) and select to show public test environment. That will give you the option to download the PTS.

The PTS alternates between a copy of the PC NA and PC EU servers. Currently it is the EU server. But, you can create a new character with a template. The template shows in the character creator as a drop down. The template will be fully leveled and come with a lot of containers for items such as various dropped sets, crafting materials, etc. Don't go crazy opening the containers as you will run out of storage space fast.

Also, you get 5000 crowns per day in PTS. So, if you don't have ESO+ on PC you can just by DLC with crowns. Many items in PTS crown store are 1 crown as well. You also get a ton of gold to play with.

Welcome to PTS and have fun. :smile: