The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Housing and characters

EC_Rob
EC_Rob
✭✭✭
Hello,

So as we all know, we can set our mounts and pets in our homes. But why can't we place our idle characters there too? I mean sure, when you're using one of your characters it'll be weird if that exact character is also standing in your house when you are... but it should be doable for the devs to be able to make a system where you can set your idle characters in your house. And possible you can make them do certain emotes, like pray or clap or dance or even kowtow for the one's that want to be worshiped by their own characters.

But take me for example, I currently own the daggerfall castle and I have like 12 characters... It'll be great for the liveliness of the castle to have my characters standing around doing emotes, or just actually using the house.

Its only a minor thing of course, meaningless for some, but for the people who enjoy the housing its a nice idea.

Kind regards,
@EC_Rob
GM of Nirn Traders (PC-EU)
GM of Aetherius Trade (PC-EU)
GM of Sovngarde Traders (PC-EU)

Keep it causal, enjoy your games.
Kill in good spirit, die in good spirit.

Magicka Templar since 2014. Breton master race forever.
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    You know, even if it was like a mannequin you could get with writ vouchers or something, and assign an alts appearance to it, and place it in a chair, yeah that would be pretty sweet. I can dig it
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean like this yes ...

(recently posted in another thread)

39969298622_d25769cbd6_z.jpg
    Claws family photo

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Laeril
    Laeril
    ✭✭

Claws family photo

You really do like that group photo, don't you? :)

It would help for RP purposes (most of my characters are part of the same criminal network), but I think I'd prefer wandering NPCs first!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laeril wrote: »

Claws family photo

You really do like that group photo, don't you? :)

It would help for RP purposes (most of my characters are part of the same criminal network), but I think I'd prefer wandering NPCs first!

Khajiit loves the photo and is most grateful to you for taking it yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love this too but the first thing I want to see is for the mounts and pets that we place in our homes to walk around instead of being static objects! ZOS look at EQ2 for example, came out in 2004 and mounts and pets place inside homes moved around freely so their is absolutely ZERO reason you can't do the same here! Once they do this then I would love to see them allow us to place our alts into our homes as well to liven up the place.

Just set it up so we can place all characters (main and alts) but when we log on with that specific char they are temporarily removed from the home so that we aren't running around our home and seeing the same character then upon log out that char is restored to the home and all chars are walking around until a particular one is logged in later.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would not be a simple change to the game and probably has complexities that would be more than Zos wants to deal with.

Essentially, that character placed in a home cannot stay there once you log into it. It's obviously in use then. The easiet way would be the player has to place the character back each time which would not be desired. The value for the effort is diminished.

So in the end it's just easier for Sos to not add this.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be cool to have your alts just around the home...

Would make it feel like that home was a "base".

A tiny thing but would add much to housing, (Think a programmer just rolled their eyes at the tiny thing comment)

But we can dream!!.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EmstCntRob wrote: »
    Hello,

So as we all know, we can set our mounts and pets in our homes. But why can't we place our idle characters there too? I mean sure, when you're using one of your characters it'll be weird if that exact character is also standing in your house when you are... but it should be doable for the devs to be able to make a system where you can set your idle characters in your house. And possible you can make them do certain emotes, like pray or clap or dance or even kowtow for the one's that want to be worshiped by their own characters.

But take me for example, I currently own the daggerfall castle and I have like 12 characters... It'll be great for the liveliness of the castle to have my characters standing around doing emotes, or just actually using the house.

Its only a minor thing of course, meaningless for some, but for the people who enjoy the housing its a nice idea.

Kind regards,

yes please!!!
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if ZOS has commented on this feature request? I want to know if they are considering it/if it would be even possible for them at all, even if it would be difficult and would have no ETA.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer