The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What kind of egg is this?

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
The big black one in the front:
2589n61hge1v.png
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • wendal
    wendal
    ✭✭✭
    Eggcellent find!
    Hmm looks to me like... Hmmm well now..... Begins with d, ends with n, rhymes with flagon. Don't trust me though, I'm hardly an eggspert on the matter.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like an argonian egg from the quest at the Hatching Pools.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The big black one ? In the front ? Looks like a rock egg to me.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top one is an argonian egg with all those black holes, the one right below it... orangish veiny is a harpy egg. I can't put my finger on what the other egg is.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Reaver-Stormhamre
    Reaver-Stormhamre
    ✭✭✭
    chaurus?
    Working as intended
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    The big black one ? In the front ? Looks like a rock egg to me.

I agree with your keen observation 100%.

Those who think otherwise, perhaps a trip to "Specksavers" is in order.

It would be a funky lookin' chick that lays an egg like that!

There again, I suppose anything is possible in Nirn. It could simply be one of Molag Bal's. :)

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit thinks it is a baby mountain.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It can't be a dragon egg, because they don't breed. Can't be Chaurus, because we've seen those in Skyrim - they're much smaller and have lots of blue pods on them, like so:

48px-SR-icon-ingredient-Chaurus_Eggs.png

Can't be Argonian, Harpy, Lamia, Dreugh, or Wamasu, because those use different models. I can't recall what the Scorpion Matron's eggs from the Upper Craglorn quest look like. Could it be a Silt Strider egg? It's big enough.

• X_LadyPhoenix_X
    X_LadyPhoenix_X
    ✭✭✭
    It can't be a dragon egg, because they don't breed. Can't be Chaurus, because we've seen those in Skyrim - they're much smaller and have lots of blue pods on them, like so:

Can't be Argonian, Harpy, Lamia, Dreugh, or Wamasu, because those use different models. I can't recall what the Scorpion Matron's eggs from the Upper Craglorn quest look like. Could it be a Silt Strider egg? It's big enough.

I want the Chaurus Eggs!!!
    Mistress of Shadows (GM) <ShadowKnight Syndicate>
    an active,adult only, social guild that dabbles in everything on PS4 NA, Est. Oct. 2015
    For the Pact!
    ---
    Master Thief
    ---
    | Lady Phœnix ~ Nord DK | Yelena Elethea ~ High Elf Templar | Stalks-among-Shadows ~ Argonian NB | Inyoni Yezulu ~ Redgaurd Sorc |
    | Chändra Nälaar ~ Dark Elf DK | Elora de Danan ~ Breton Sorc | Velia Vixen ~ Wood Elf Warden | Serephina Valyrin ~ Imperial DK |
    ---
    PSN: X_LadyPhoenix_X
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't really look like an egg to me; looks like the carapace of something big, like an assassin beetle (I know, wrong color, but that's what it makes me think of).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I found a quest in craglorn that had me to destroy eggs, seen what the scorpion eggs look like and those are def not scorpion eggs. It kinda looks like a wamasu egg but different.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    I found a quest in craglorn that had me to destroy eggs, seen what the scorpion eggs look like and those are def not scorpion eggs. It kinda looks like a wamasu egg but different.

Good to know even if it doesn't really explain what it is. And I believe one of the eggs not shown in the frame (the pic is from Revus' egg collection in Gnisis for the curious) is a Wamasu egg; they had concept art of that one that matches.

• UnversedNumber3
    UnversedNumber3
    ✭✭✭
    Its a lama or a porcupine egg I'm sure of it
    Played for about 2 years on Xbox and did everything you can do (-emp).
    Still pretty new to PC-NA.
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    Wamasu egg?
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this in someones home?

Could it be the Mnemic Egg replica from the achievement vendor?
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cleverly disguised @Cadbury Egg™

cadbury-creme-egg-with-yellow-yolk.jpg

Runs wrote: »

@Runs You're an achievement vendor.

Edited by Storymaster on November 17, 2017 11:56AM
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Runs It's in Revus Demnevanni's egg collection near Gnisis in Vvardenfell. You visit it as part of the questline there. It's definitely not the Mnemic Egg as that's oblong and brownish, with orange rivulets.

• Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It could be a Shalk egg. Given their environment and relation to lava, it would not be unreasonable that they would cover their eggs in lava to give it a protective rock shell. Pure speculation of course.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian Behemoth egg, or I hope so since it's so rough. Can help but hope for that anyway, because I want the laying to be as painful as possible after so many Vault of Umbrage deaths :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cleverly disguised @Cadbury Egg™

cadbury-creme-egg-with-yellow-yolk.jpg

Runs wrote: »

@Runs You're an achievement vendor.

The Mnemic Egg is my spirit animal. We both have the potential to be used for good or evil.

But remember, I'm the sweet one

Edit: The egg reminds me of Balut. Mmmmm hungry now
    Edited by Cadbury on November 17, 2017 3:22PM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • fallentemplar
    fallentemplar
    ✭✭✭
    im pretty sure its a uhhmm you know that thing that starts with a r and ends with a k i think the word ill go with is rock or hunk of earth/ what every world eso is
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely a weird one. As for wamasu eggs, one can see them in the Redfur Trading Post (Grahtwood). A very pleasant Argonian merchant Walks-In-Dry-Places looks after them.
    eltzaRE.jpg
    The upper egg surrounded by some kind of rocks. This suggests that maybe the weird solid rock egg is an initial form of the wamasu egg. Or it's not, and those are just a pile of stones, a cradle of some sort.

Edited by logarifmik on December 1, 2017 2:17AM
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry. I had a lot of cheese and didn't think anyone would notice there. I mean, there are no bathrooms so what is a guy supposed to do?
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on July 14, 2018 5:44PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The design and texture seems very daedric or oblivion themed. Perhaps it is even a piece of buried armor or architecture instead of an egg. No idea beyond that. Another angle or a video would help, or at least a map showing where it's located in-game.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Marginis As I posted earlier it's in Revus Demnevanni's egg collection, near Gnisis in Vvardenfell. It's explicitly an egg collection, and there are a number of other eggs around it (some you can see in the picture with it). It shows up in (but doesn't become important in) the quest with the Kwama Queen egg.

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Marginis As I posted earlier it's in Revus Demnevanni's egg collection, near Gnisis in Vvardenfell. It's explicitly an egg collection, and there are a number of other eggs around it (some you can see in the picture with it). It shows up in (but doesn't become important in) the quest with the Kwama Queen egg.

Must have skipped over that reply. Thank you.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen it mentioned, but could it be a Sload? Do Sloads even lay eggs?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kierro wrote: »
    Do Sloads even lay eggs?

Unknown; maybe we'll find out in future content.