The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I want to play with You.

Gahmerdohn
Gahmerdohn
✭✭✭
First let me introduce myself: Nerran (@Gahmerdohn) PC-EU EP. Fan of Elder Scrolls world since Morrowind (TESIII) and also fan of MMORPG for many years now among other things.

This post is a recruiting proposal, but maybe unusual by today's standards.

You see, I truly believe that MMORPG's are about people not about the game itself only.

I want you to think about that, in today's world we have the best games ever created but at the same time we also have the most complaining communities, why?
Why some of us that have been playing MMO's for long still feels (yes it's only a feeling ) that It was better back in the days?
Why new players, even when they do everything that they should achieve what they want in the game, still feel that something is missing?
Why do we get so annoyed and aggressive about the game each patch note even though MMO's were way worst in almost every single aspects back in the days?
Why are we so bored even MMO's have never been so rich in terms of content?

Maybe something is really missing...
Maybe we are miss-oriented in our focus on MMO experience...
Maybe it's time to pause and think about our perspective...

I don't pretend to have all the answers but I definitely believe that we need to refocus, recalibrate, reposition our perspective.

MMORPG's are not just about playing online, they are about playing with each other (truly), are about human connection, about feeling that we are involved in something bigger than just our individual.
Not just using other to get what we want in the game. Before starting to get into rapid conclusions I just want you to consider this simple question:

When you log into ESO are you doing it because you deeply want to explore Tamriel with other people or you log to get or achieve something in the game but knowing that to do so you have to collaborate with other people (and somehow make it tolerable trying to be friendly"ish") ?

So what do I propose? Simple, I propose you to join me so we can create or reinforce this aspect of MMO that I personally feel is missing (not in a lazy-social way).

We can start simply by being a 4 mans group really excited about discovering the game together, achieving difficult things as a united group, knowing that when you log in the game they'll be there, happy to see you and motivated about playing with you and making that their priority because that what makes MMO so enjoyable.

Why 4? Because is the smallest format of group content we have in ESO (PvE speaking). Be myself mostly Pve oriented I'd like to start there and then eventually explore all other activity the game offer.

We will be able to explore the hardest dungeons, new and old content, achievements, theorycraft, DLC's, even cyrodil, housing and so many more.

I don't have everything prepared yet but you know ideas don't always come fully formed...working on it makes them clearer and that's something we can do as a group.

Disclaimer: I'm not pretending that this kind of group/guild doesn't exist but I'm having trouble to find it, even more difficult to find one that has the same interests as I do so instead of complaining about it I prefer to take a step forward and make it happen.

I know that this proposition will not be for everyone but as you can see 3 other people will be enough to start so if you resonate with it feel free to let me know, I want to know you.

To all the others that have to spend the time to read till this point thank you and I wish you all the best experience in ESO.
Edited by Gahmerdohn on January 23, 2018 11:24PM
  • Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    There is no Social aspect to ESO. Almost in every single guild (maybe there are exceptions, handful of them, but I am yet to see one) you will see almost dead-silent guild chat, people questing and not even paying attention to the guild chat. And all that is "by design":

1) ESO is full of TES fanboys, not actual, real MMOers. And TES boys and girls, generally being single-player game players, dramatically lack what real social MMO player has: the social component.

2) ESO lacks what makes MMOs a multi-player game: it has no zone events, world is instanced (i.e. loading screen barrier stands in your way whenever you walk from one zone to another) and open-world content is close to non-existent. And because of this, people hardly even group up, besides dungeons and raids. Oh, don't get me started with raids: 99% of ESO community only do nTrials, which are not actually a raid, but just some kind of faceroll.

You will never achieve anything difficult in ESO, unless you find right people for such task, which will prove to be incredibly hard thing to do. Yea maybe it will be easier to find 4 guys, but anything bigger, like commitment into vTrials will prove painful at best.

You see, real MMOers who love the challenge, rarely say "let's explore this world" in any MMO, coz exploration generally happens within first few weeks of the gameplay and that's it. They instead want to achieve challenging goals, to do hard stuff as a group and be happy with this kind of achievement at the end of the day. Even when they do daily chores, they love to see zillions of people involved (e.g. zone events, world meta events etc etc). But you will find none of these in ESO.

So.... Happy wishing! :D
    Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
    ★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • Gahmerdohn
    Gahmerdohn
    ✭✭✭
    Gelmir wrote: »
    You will never achieve anything difficult in ESO, unless you find right people for such task, which will prove to be incredibly hard thing to do. Yea maybe it will be easier to find 4 guys, but anything bigger, like commitment into vTrials will prove painful at best.

You see, real MMOers who love the challenge, rarely say "let's explore this world" in any MMO, coz exploration generally happens within first few weeks of the gameplay and that's it. They instead want to achieve challenging goals, to do hard stuff as a group and be happy with this kind of achievement at the end of the day. Even when they do daily chores, they love to see zillions of people involved (e.g. zone events, world meta events etc etc). But you will find none of these in ESO.

@Gelmir first thank you for your message and the opportunity you give me to be able to talk about that.

You see, that's the issue: in today world everybody thinks in terms of white or black so: In game or you are a "real MMOers" (in my opinion you are not) and you care only for the challenge, content, and achievements Or you are a social casual explorer happy friendly noob !

To me, this vision of black and white is not just absurd but also hurting people's minds (and not just in games in life as well).

What I'm proposing here is getting out of this white/black categories (be a social casual noob or selfish achiever that only use others) and be true & real MMOers that, of course, want to achieve hard things but they want to do it with people they care about and they enjoy even more the achievements because they have done it with these people, that's is the point.
    And I believe that is what we really want deep inside.

And when I say that we would start as a 4 man group that's what I meant, "Start". That's is how solid groups/guild are formed: You start with few people that have the same core beliefs and goal, people that really truly care for each other and from there other people will join and you can do more content and achieve more but the mentality and the experience is different because the core goal, believes, focus are different .

Edited by Gahmerdohn on January 26, 2018 11:45AM
  • Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    You are just deceiving yourself:

- The "non-MMOers" like me can only achieve things with people who care about the challenge, with people they want, the people who share the same dedication/commitment/discipline - it's impossible to do it otherwise. It IS black and white situation and can't be otherwise: you either are serious about the s**t you are doing, or not. There can be no 3rd option here.

- The "real-MMOer" like yourself will delude himself that he can achieve hard things just by asking in community, pretty quickly and easily. Good luck with that! :) 90% of ESO community doesn't care about the communities they join to such degrees that they could commit themselves to do anything together in regular, disciplined manner. Go ahead, start with your 4-man group and prove me wrong as you "grow"! Your hardship won't be any harder than normal trials...
    Edited by Gelmir on January 26, 2018 4:53PM
    Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
    ★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't think you want to play with me. The last person that wanted to play with me died 3 times and then had to go eat dinner. Never seen him again.

I live in Cyrodiil.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• SweetrollBunny
    SweetrollBunny
    ✭✭✭
    You are just deceiving yourself:

- The "non-MMOers" like me can only achieve things with people who care about the challenge, with people they want, the people who share the same dedication/commitment/discipline - it's impossible to do it otherwise. It IS black and white situation and can't be otherwise: you either are serious about the s**t you are doing, or not. There can be no 3rd option here.

- The "real-MMOer" like yourself will delude himself that he can achieve hard things just by asking in community, pretty quickly and easily. Good luck with that! :) 90% of ESO community doesn't care about the communities they join to such degrees that they could commit themselves to do anything together in regular, disciplined manner. Go ahead, start with your 4-man group and prove me wrong as you "grow"! Your hardship won't be any harder than normal trials...

Who hurt you!? :cry:
    "Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone!" - Sheogorath
  • Kozato
    Kozato
    ✭✭✭
    There is no Social aspect to ESO. Almost in every single guild (maybe there are exceptions, handful of them, but I am yet to see one) you will see almost dead-silent guild chat, people questing and not even paying attention to the guild chat. And all that is "by design":

1) ESO is full of TES fanboys, not actual, real MMOers. And TES boys and girls, generally being single-player game players, dramatically lack what real social MMO player has: the social component.

2) ESO lacks what makes MMOs a multi-player game: it has no zone events, world is instanced (i.e. loading screen barrier stands in your way whenever you walk from one zone to another) and open-world content is close to non-existent. And because of this, people hardly even group up, besides dungeons and raids. Oh, don't get me started with raids: 99% of ESO community only do nTrials, which are not actually a raid, but just some kind of faceroll.

So.... Happy wishing! :D

Then you're looking in the wrong places.
    by the way, don't gatekeep.