Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did the Nocturnal Costume go through PTS?

Grimm13
Grimm13
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't seem to recall seeing it on PTS but it might have been. Seems that it would have gotten feedback on how the dyes don't work as players would like or that there are clipping issues, no to mention the price gouging reaction. I know it's a recycled monster outfit but they should at least try to make certain it's all worked out before placing on CS, especially if they want to price gouge.

Easy for a small team to look at something and not see the issues. A larger sampling can find things they miss or are no as close to it so they do see the flaws that a Dev may overlook.
https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    Easy for a small team to look at something and not see the issues. A larger sampling can find things they miss or are no as close to it so they do see the flaws that a Dev may overlook.

The people who make these costumes, and who test them, are professionals, and experts. Part of that means not overlooking "issues". While it is true that this was not on PTS, there is no reason why that should matter. We are dealing with professionals.

This would be different if the work was being done by unpaid volunteers as part of a community project.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They stopped putting new CS offerings on the PTS a while ago, which is a shame. :/

Totally agree, though, that I'd both be more excited to buy things and make sure everything's in order. There's a couple that shouldn't have even passed internal QA like the leg and hip distortion on the Argonian mid-tier skirt.

A few I can chalk up to deliberate changes I heavily disagree with (Divayth Fyr costume thunder thighs on female characters), but outright bugs and quality issues like these are... yeowch.
    Edited by rhapsodious on February 2, 2018 6:16PM
  • Longstride
    Longstride
    ✭✭✭

The people who make these costumes, and who test them, are professionals, and experts. Part of that means not overlooking "issues". While it is true that this was not on PTS, there is no reason why that should matter. We are dealing with professionals.

This would be different if the work was being done by unpaid volunteers as part of a community project.

I feel as if this sums up their game developers and content designers as well.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Being a professional or expert does not mean being infallible or not need steps of QA. As pointed out in the past year there has been four costumes with issues, some how those issues were overlooked during the process of development.

A end consumer looks at a product much different than a development team. PTS is there to bring another view point. If it was just to see if the code worked with numbers there would be no feedback forum.

If it had gone through the PTS and was missed then I can be more forgiving of such issues. MMO's trade on their reputations and ability to deliver consistent quality. I really like ESO and want to see them improve on making that quality.

Am I happy about the pricing? No but I understand they price as they think will sell. I do not want to see this trend continue to become the norm on pricing. I believe it will harm their revenue in the long run if they do. I personally believe marketing for a greater number of sales is better and can help with a reputation of a product that is affordable.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • dirtykdx
    dirtykdx
    ✭✭✭
    Do what I do with my kilt costume. Put in a bug report every week. Vivec got 3 underwear changes, and nothing addressed for the broke kilt.

They won't care, they have your money. But it might make you feel better about it.
    @dirtykdx PC NA
    [The Shogunate]
    /taunt doesn't work on bosses
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it never went through the PTS. It got datamined, and no one saw head or tails of it until the February showcase.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a mod for that outfit on skyrim that looked a thousand times better than the current offering.
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Costumes almost never go on PTS. The only times they do, is if they are related or close to release date of a DLC that is currently on PTS for testing.