The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best house for writs

JesQu
JesQu
✭✭✭✭
Which is the best house for doing writs? Like picking the quests and going to home and returning them quick, which doesn't take a lot time.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say Sleek Creek.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret imo. cheap, all the crafting stations are in close proximity as it writ turn in.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Do not buy a house with the expectation that it will 'help' you do writs or will be a convenient place to park your character between dungeons.

You can't start or end a writ from your home. Which means you have to first go through at least 1 load screen to get to town to 'start' your writ, then another to go back home and make the items, then another to go back to town to turn you items in. So to do your writs at home means going through 3 unnecessary load screens.

Which in turn basically means there is no reason to buy 'common' crafting tables of any kind for you home other than as a decoration. If you can stock the place with 'Atunable' tables that may be another story but only if you have repeated needs to craft specific set items regularly and traveling to the world work stations is a major hassle.

For Wirts you are much better off just camping your character at a one of the towns where you turn in Writs. I belive all those towns have location for starting and ending the writ and will have all the nessasary crafting stations you need in close proximity such that they require no load screens from start to finish. Currently I park my character at Vulkhel Guard in Auridon.

NOTE: You also cannot repair your equipment from home, which means you either have to store many repair kits or travel to town between doing dungeons.

My Advice would be to not buy a large home.

Get the free very small rooms you can get for each faction, these basically give you 'Free' wayshrines into 3 major towns across the world.

Then if you really want a home just to decorate it an look at your trophies, get something medium size that you can buy with under 100K in game gold.

I would also recommend getting a DPS test dumming as they are actually useful for refining your character skill allotments and testing how your DPS attack rotations work.

Also get something with lots of wall space if you want to hang your trophies, since many of them look pretty cool.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snugpod is the best for master writs. My trading guild has a house with all set stations so I can just port between that house and Snugpod... Very convenient.
    Its also close to stables and Undaunted enclave.
    As for normal writs, just park your char in Rawl'Kha or any other city with convenient layout. Thats faster, because you dont have to go through 2 loadscreens (in and out) in order to craft writs in your house.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first that comes to mind for me is the Flame Nix in Mournhold as another user already said, located in the town plaza and there is pretty much all.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gardner house. If you're at a set station it's easy to warp back, then just run outside to turn in. Wayrest is a terrible place fo daily writs, but when I'm also doing master writs, can turn all of them in at the same location.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a full crafting set up in my primary home, and a few other's too. I never use the House for Writs. In the time it takes the two load screens I can grab the writs in Rawkla, hit all the stations, turn them in and park in front of the writ board for tomorrow.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I have a full crafting set up in my primary home, and a few other's too. I never use the House for Writs. In the time it takes the two load screens I can grab the writs in Rawkla, hit all the stations, turn them in and park in front of the writ board for tomorrow.

I do the same, but now i have a high bounty and inv full of stolen stuff on my main so, i need a place where are no guards.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reasons to own a house:
    -Dps tests (afia only in housing are there dps dummies)
    -Storage (with release of Dragon Bones)
    -Prestige

- ok that last one is just maybe for me. But I couldn't help but feel a max CP character that has saved the world, Banished gods, traveled through worlds,, should actually have a home with some clout.

-Another reason to own a home is to purchase a dye station (becomes an outfitter station when doc drops) is to work on fashion without mud balls pelting you.

I also will say, I've had a ton of fun inviting guild members over and having them check out the work I've done :)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JesQu wrote: »
    Which is the best house for doing writs? Like picking the quests and going to home and returning them quick, which doesn't take a lot time.

Mistveil manner

Leave house enter riften collect writs do writs and hand in writs as you head back to house

Sweet as
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do the same, but now i have a high bounty and inv full of stolen stuff on my main so, i need a place where are no guards.

You don't need a house, you just need the Hollow City in Coldharbor.

But to get the Alchemy and Enchanter to open up, you need to save them from the dangers of the zone. Or you could do those somewhere else and turn them in at the Hollow City
    Edited by Nestor on January 30, 2018 1:14PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's actually easier to park a character in town, preferably in a bank since it's easier to have alchemy and provisioning items pre-crafted in bulk and stored in bank. A few locations which I investigated right before Clockwork City went live:
    1) Vivec City, Vvardenfell: every craft table as well as the turning point are in a small area, but I consistently experienced longer loading screens between character logins and even a few timeouts due to the size of that cell and probably the number of players in it.
    2) Veylin Harbor, Malabar Tor: craft tables are relatively close, except enchanting, which is in the Mages Guild. But the main inconvenient is that you have to do the main quest to free the town from marauders for it to become available; also the shrine is pretty far out of town.
    3) Riften, The Rift: enchanting and gear craft stations, and gear writ board right next to the bank, consumable writ board right across the river, turn in point on the peer; alchemy station is just below the bank, and provisioning is across the street in the inn. Overall the most convenient location so I ended up picking it.

I haven't bought a house and didn't even consider doing it until they mentioned adding the storage chests with Dagon Bones patch. I will probably buy one at the next subscription renewal with crowns.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite homes is Mournoth Keep. It is medium house that is available to purchase with gold. The achievement requirement is not that hard to get. Has a courtyard and the decks can easily be expanded. There is also a Wayshrine and Dolmen right outside the front door.

If you start doing master writs, you can add the attuned stations to make it your one stop. I do recommend having the ESO+ to double the storage.
    Edited by Grimm13 on January 30, 2018 5:07PM
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    One of my favorite homes is Mournoth Keep. It is medium house that is available to purchase with gold. The achievement requirement is not that hard to get. Has a courtyard and the decks can easily be expanded. There is also a Wayshrine and Dolmen right outside the front door.

If you start doing master writs, you can add the attuned stations to make it your one stop. I do recommend having the ESO+ to double the storage.

you don't even need an achievement anymore, they removed requirements for that with clockwork city.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Between Homestead and Morrowind I would pick up my writs and other dailies in whatever city I was in, visit a banker to get stored food/potions, visit my house to do the rest, then port to Belkarth to turn in. The house wasn't any more inconvenient since I had to go in and out of at least 2 buildings, and loading screens in Belkarth were awful, often several minutes.

With Vivec City, the writ boards are right next to all the crafting stations with no doors in the way, and the turn-in is on the dock, so I usually just do it there.

But I still do much of my crafting & decon at home, so I don't have the constant lag and noise of idiots duelling next to the wayshrine or crafting stations. And I have a few attuned station sets, which is much more convenient than running thru wilderness.

As for which house, I have about half of them. My main is Strident Springs, but Snugpod, Sleek Creek, Black Vine Villa, and Bouldertree Refuge are very useful locations for porting. Ideally, get at least one in each zone so you can just port anywhere.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Enokariel
    Enokariel
    ✭✭✭
    After being parked in Belkarth (before CWC) and planning to move to Rawlka, I finaly realised that the best crafting tables are positioned in Elden Root. I do al six crafting writs daily and in Elden root there are five of them at one place - yes you must enter and exter the hall to go to provisioning station and to turn in the writs. And when you return inside, there are two ban spots to save your earns.
    So as for the house - it's Snugpod - it acts as a convenient return point when doing master crafting writs, undaunted pledges and so on. I placed inside all basic crafting stations just to ocassionally finish, what I forgot to craft or for the master crafting of the consumable writs.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enokariel wrote: »
    After being parked in Belkarth (before CWC) and planning to move to Rawlka, I finaly realised that the best crafting tables are positioned in Elden Root. I do al six crafting writs daily and in Elden root there are five of them at one place - yes you must enter and exter the hall to go to provisioning station and to turn in the writs. And when you return inside, there are two ban spots to save your earns.
    So as for the house - it's Snugpod - it acts as a convenient return point when doing master crafting writs, undaunted pledges and so on. I placed inside all basic crafting stations just to ocassionally finish, what I forgot to craft or for the master crafting of the consumable writs.

The problem with Elden Root is that it has a loading screen between the shrine and the room where the crafting tables and bank is located, and the enchanting table is still further away, in the Mages Guild hall. Also the turn in point is very far outside the town, across the pond. So it's probably the worst location in the game for turning in writs since it implies 2 loading screens and quite a lot of running around.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Enokariel
    Enokariel
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with Elden Root is that it has a loading screen between the shrine and the room where the crafting tables and bank is located, and the enchanting table is still further away, in the Mages Guild hall. Also the turn in point is very far outside the town, across the pond. So it's probably the worst location in the game for turning in writs since it implies 2 loading screens and quite a lot of running around.

I disagree.
    1) the enchanting station is in the same hall as all others, there are another enchanting and alchemy crafting stations in the guild hall, bud you do not need to use them - I personally run the six writs in order blacksmith - enchanter - alchemist - woodworker - clothier - (loading screeen) - provisioner. Its just one round in the hall.

2) yes - the position of the turn in point shoul be nearer, best somewhere in the shrine hall

3) I don't know of any other place where every station is so near without any entering and loading (well, perhaps except Rawlka), in Riften you have to go downstairs and inside for achemy and so on.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enokariel wrote: »

I disagree.
    1) the enchanting station is in the same hall as all others, there are another enchanting and alchemy crafting stations in the guild hall, bud you do not need to use them - I personally run the six writs in order blacksmith - enchanter - alchemist - woodworker - clothier - (loading screeen) - provisioner. Its just one round in the hall.

2) yes - the position of the turn in point shoul be nearer, best somewhere in the shrine hall

3) I don't know of any other place where every station is so near without any entering and loading (well, perhaps except Rawlka), in Riften you have to go downstairs and inside for achemy and so on.

I pre-craft alchemy and provisioning in bulk (stacks of 100 and deposit them in bank) then my addon - Daugubon's Lazy Writ Crafter - takes them from there automatically based on the writ so it saves me a lot of time. If I were to manually craft them for each character it would be a loss since none besides my main crafter have SP in Chef and Brewer. So the Alchemy and Provisioning table is irrelevant. Also I don't pre-craft glyphs since those don't stack in inventory, so the position of the table is relevant. When I have to turn in those on 10 characters each day, and I do care a lot about efficiency IRL too, I ruthlessly optimize every aspect of the process.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Enokariel
    Enokariel
    ✭✭✭
    OK no further argument, I see your point.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shornhelm or Rawl Kha are best for normal writs. Gardner house for master, and then snugpod as outlined above.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well then you can move to Hollow City of Coldharbour. There's no guards iirc but I'm pretty sure there is a daily writ spot. Not the most convenient layout, though.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on February 1, 2018 10:40PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭

Well then you can move to Hollow City of Coldharbour. There's no guards iirc but I'm pretty sure there is a daily writ spot. Not the most convenient layout, though.

Yeah, it has. But i don't like the zone, i rather like the zone and do stuff in it.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardner House can easily be turned into a craft house... 3 floors for six stations.
    Take writs anywhere, port to Craft House for crafting & then walk right outside to deliver.

B)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shornhelm is probably one of my favorites for doing writs. Yes, I need to go in enchanter and (sometimes) alchemist, but everything is pretty much linear: grab consumable writs, do. Run down to gear board, grab those writs, do them. Train horse. Turn in. Stop by bank on the way back to consumable board to deposit any sealed writs, recipes, or surveys and then log out.

I'd actually like it if one of the townhomes in Shornhelm could be turned into a home. There's one that you can enter just past the large doors that no one seems to live in. If I can't have my windmill farmhouse in Fell's Run (with lots of property) or my apple orchard lakehouse in Belkarth, lemme have a townhome in Shornhelm. Please?
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS