The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let's all agree on 1 thing: Battleground should be free when the next Expansion comes out.

Pr0Skygon
Pr0Skygon
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't usually give good comment about ZOS on this forum, true, but credit goes to where it deserves. I've been enjoying Battleground a whole lot since it came out. It's fast-pace, team focus, chaotic and just plain fun. Even with some minor misstep here and there, I believe BGs is one of the best features ever put into ESO. I understand fully why BGs was tied into Morrowind (it makes perfect sense in the business stand point). But let's be real, locking a small scale PvP mode behind another paywall (ahem 7 DLCs) is frankly, greedy. That been said, I was totally cool with paying extra for BGs, consider it's a token of my appreciation for ZOS. Whoever purchased Morrowind when it came out has already gave us a new zone, new class, a new awesome story line and a full year of BGs updates and joys. It's been 1 year now, and I think we can all agree that it is time for BGs to be a free features for all players to enjoys. I've already bought Morrowind when it released, and I have no problem if BGs go free, in fact, I'd be extremely happy about it.
So, how do you guys think?
Edited by Pr0Skygon on February 1, 2018 8:15AM

Let's all agree on 1 thing: Battleground should be free when the next Expansion comes out. 194 votes

Yay!
68%
JWillCHSSolarikenarkansas_ESOmilesrodneymcneely2_ESOwheem_ESOBelegnolecalitrumanb14_ESOKovaKhajiitHasSkoomaMurderMostFoulrileynotzb14_ESOMadyTryxusIruil_ESOTurelusKanedaSyndromeKiramekuPrizaxValen_ByteDyride 133 votes
Nay...
31%
vailjohn_ESODeadlyRecluseAzuryagresiacloic-munckb16_ESOMaulkinDhukathaubrey.baconb16_ESOKnootewootdennissomb16_ESOFoxhuntidkluen79rwb17_ESOElsonsoBloodWolfeDagoth_RacElrosahirDMuehlhausenMerlin13KAGLVictus 61 votes
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay!
    And let's all agree, Battlegrounds need ranked brackets!! The population isn't low because of rewards, so adjusting AP in next patch won't help, the population isn't low because of BGs being locked behind a paywall, though it might help a little.

The population is low because of lacking competition. BG leaderboards are just another emperor-like grindfest, play more rank more. No player performance included.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay!
    More people in Battlegrounds the better.

Get the pops high enough and we can get multiple queues, and possibly a ranked system
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    If it gets more players sure :)

PC
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    I didnt buy morrowind because its a small dlc meant to paywall a p2w pvp class. It should have been part of eso+
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    I'd like to see Alliance related content for Battlegrounds.

Imagine that there are certain areas designated "Invasion Points", lore speaking they are places opposing alliances are trying to invade your home, whether by ocean or borders.
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nay...
    I paid for it.If they can give some free crowns or some goodies to people who bought Morrowind as compensation then sure.Otherwise no.
    Edited by RupzSkooma on February 1, 2018 1:14PM
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay...
    I guess the choices Zos could make is keep BGs behind the Morrowind pay wall or to require subscription to PvP. It should be obvious that there is zero reason for Zos to create BGs if they were to be free as there are those that buy the base game and nothing else and this includes PvP players.

Those that PvE do not gain access to free content, why should it be different for PvP? It should not.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay...
    I can't really be upset with a company for charging money for additional features.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    A free shadow mount from the crown crates for Morrowind owners and every platform account they have and you got a deal as far as I’m concerned.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    More players means less time waiting for a match and more players also means they can add premades vs premades and pugs vs pugs.
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    This could only be good for current BG players as it would bring more people into them. I don't get why people have this mindset of "I paid, so it's not fair if you don't pay too." Yeah, you paid and you got it up to a year earlier. That's your value.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay...
    That is a choice completely up to ZOS, as far as I know they own the game.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nay...
    I voted Nay, but i ment Yay.

Yes, BG's should be free. Why?

I did buy the CE edition of Morrowind. But making BG's behind payed content is splitting the already small PvP player base.

The same for online games like Battlefront. If you ask for money for new maps and not everybody buys it (maybe half) you will at a certain point split the playerbase in half. Those playes might leave because there are not enough people for their taste.

Also the BG's are not worth the extra money. It's a small arena for PvP, smaller then IC which was free if you had ESO+. Yes, part of Morrowind but I know a few PvP'ers who didn't buy Morrowind but just want PvP in BG's.

I rather PvP in Cyrodill, that's why i clicked Nay at first because i just didn't read good. But i ment Yay.

And
    Those that PvE do not gain access to free content, why should it be different for PvP? It should not.

How much "free" content to PvE 'ers get and then look at what is pure PvP? Nothing since IC (which was 50% PvP) and a few BG's. If you have ESO+ look at the amount of free PvE content coming with ESO+. Morrowind is the only one which cost money.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay...
    it should only be free if you have the morrowind patch. that little money you should have, if you want it so much!!!
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nay...
    Making games costs a ton of money. You got to pay them for their work.

The good thing about battlegrounds is that you can actually PVP with horrifying lag. The bad thing is that all the game modes aren't as fun as deathmatch would be. It just kind of sucks when the rest of the game (and other PVP) is all about killing people battlegrounds is rarely about that at all. You need a battlegrounds build specifically to do well.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nay...
    I'm sick of the whiners here saying "pay wall this" and "pay wall that" or "P2W" when it comes to Morrowind (and someone finds P2W in ridiculous ways but their is no P2W here... yet and hopefully it stays that way). This is an MMO that does not force you to pay a monthly subscription fee anymore so they need to make money some how and nobody would buy expansions or DLC's if they didn't have anything new to entice customers to buy. If the sub was mandatory then they would still charge for expansions and most do but at least with the sub (ESO+) the DLC's are free so 1 expansion with a cost (new class and new PvP game mode) on top of a new zone should not be an issue yet it has been an issue for some players for a year now and it's ridiculous, give it up already! In short... if you want it then buy it otherwise deal without.

EVERY MMO launches new features, new race(s) and new class(es) with PAID EXPANSIONS! Why whould this be different? BG's (and wardens) should not be given free to those who are too cheap to pay while the rest of us who want to support this game paid for them. Wait for a sale or do without.

Sure I don't like some of the Crown store practices ZOS has been using (absurd pricing for most things, too many "limited time" items and now most nice/good items not even going Crown shop but straight to Crates, and the crate mounts that can't even be purchased with gems) is all ridiculous IMO. We'll see how the outfit slots, housing storage and new stuff with update 17 go and if it's going to be absurd or not but my guess it will all be ridiculously priced.

I don't support crown crates (never have and never will) and anything crown shop I don't feel is worth the money I just do without and same will go for outfit slots and housing storage if they are not reasonably priced. That's how it is, but I bought Morrowind C.E. (physical) and am happy with that and I sub to ESO+.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should it be? Well, it should have been a DLC from the beginning, but ZOS bundled it with Morrowind, so that ship has sailed.

Would making it free enhance Battlegrounds? Well, we don't have the data to answer that question. Thing is, its hard to pin down the cause of low pop in Battlegrounds. ZOS has the data on how many people bought Morrowind, so if that's a large percentage of their player base, then making Battlegrounds free actually wouldn't add many players to BGs. No, certain vocal abstainers on the forums don't actually mean anything more that the vast amount of other players. If however, many players did not buy Morrowind, then there's a large untapped population for Battlegrounds - but only ZOS has that data. We don't.
    Then there's other reasons why BG pop is low, with swapping from No CP only to CP only and back again, lack of ranking, people getting smashed by pre-mades, people wanting to choose which type of match they get, and so on. Making Battlegrounds free might enhance BGs if it brings in a large and sustainable population, but there are enough issues with BG design even for those currently committed to playing it that simply adding new players is not a good solution.

Could it be make free with the new chapter? Well...the TOS pretty much lets ZOS do whatever they want, so technically yes. However, that's be a public relations disaster and would really underscore how much the "Chapter" thing was a money-grab in the first place to make ESO+ subscribers have to pay for essentially 3 DLC - Morrowind, Battlegrounds, and the Warden Class. I mean, how is ZOS going to handle the people saying "Hey, why'd I pay for Morrowind only for you to make part of it free later?" ZOS has the ability to do this and we'd all have to deal, but it'd be the sort of thing that leaves a seriously bad taste.

Will it be made free with the new chapter? HAHAHA, LMFAO, no. You really think that ZOS doesn't like the idea of new players joining up for Summerset Isles, looking at Battlegrounds once Midyear Mayhem happens and going "ooh, what's that, I want it!" and having to buy Morrowind for real money? ZOS stands to make money off of that. Making Battlegrounds better (potentially) by making it free to all players is substantially less important than Battlegrounds making ZOS more money.

So its all pretty simple. If ZOS were going to make Battlegrounds a DLC, they should have done it from the beginning, not lumped it in with Morrowind for a money-grabbing "Chapter." But since they went for the money-grab, they have to continue justifying the extra expense of "Chapters", so Battlegrounds won't get decoupled from Morrowind.
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    RupzSkooma wrote: »
    I paid for it.If they can give some free crowns or some goodies to people who bought Morrowind as compensation then sure.Otherwise no.

We've already had the mount?
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Making games costs a ton of money. You got to pay them for their work.

The good thing about battlegrounds is that you can actually PVP with horrifying lag. The bad thing is that all the game modes aren't as fun as deathmatch would be. It just kind of sucks when the rest of the game (and other PVP) is all about killing people battlegrounds is rarely about that at all. You need a battlegrounds build specifically to do well.

my friend you have no idea how much they make :D It's a lot more than you imagine, I promise.
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay!

Could it be make free with the new chapter? Well...the TOS pretty much lets ZOS do whatever they want, so technically yes. However, that's be a public relations disaster and would really underscore how much the "Chapter" thing was a money-grab in the first place to make ESO+ subscribers have to pay for essentially 3 DLC - Morrowind, Battlegrounds, and the Warden Class. I mean, how is ZOS going to handle the people saying "Hey, why'd I pay for Morrowind only for you to make part of it free later?" ZOS has the ability to do this and we'd all have to deal, but it'd be the sort of thing that leaves a seriously bad taste.

I don't get this at all. I paid for Morrowind, but I would be glad for them to make it free if it would make BGs healthier and increase population. I don't get why people get so touchy about something they paid for being free. They (we, I bought it too) got BGs for a year before everyone else, in this hypothetical they paid for the early access and exclusivity. Are these same people mad when they buy a brand new game for $60 and a year later someone gets it on sale for $10? I just don't get the "I suffered, you should too" mentality people have, it's so petty and non-constructive.
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    BloodWolfe wrote: »
    I'm sick of the whiners here saying "pay wall this" and "pay wall that" or "P2W" when it comes to Morrowind (and someone finds P2W in ridiculous ways but their is no P2W here... yet and hopefully it stays that way). This is an MMO that does not force you to pay a monthly subscription fee anymore so they need to make money some how and nobody would buy expansions or DLC's if they didn't have anything new to entice customers to buy. If the sub was mandatory then they would still charge for expansions and most do but at least with the sub (ESO+) the DLC's are free so 1 expansion with a cost (new class and new PvP game mode) on top of a new zone should not be an issue yet it has been an issue for some players for a year now and it's ridiculous, give it up already! In short... if you want it then buy it otherwise deal without.

EVERY MMO launches new features, new race(s) and new class(es) with PAID EXPANSIONS! Why whould this be different? BG's (and wardens) should not be given free to those who are too cheap to pay while the rest of us who want to support this game paid for them. Wait for a sale or do without.

Sure I don't like some of the Crown store practices ZOS has been using (absurd pricing for most things, too many "limited time" items and now most nice/good items not even going Crown shop but straight to Crates, and the crate mounts that can't even be purchased with gems) is all ridiculous IMO. We'll see how the outfit slots, housing storage and new stuff with update 17 go and if it's going to be absurd or not but my guess it will all be ridiculously priced.

I don't support crown crates (never have and never will) and anything crown shop I don't feel is worth the money I just do without and same will go for outfit slots and housing storage if they are not reasonably priced. That's how it is, but I bought Morrowind C.E. (physical) and am happy with that and I sub to ESO+.

The important part is "at launch". We happily paid ZOS at launch, no complain. But BGs is a feature that deserve to be free.
    Also, the "every MMO has sub" is no longer a valid point, since there's only 2 games that survive with that model. Most MMO nowaday are free. Just saying.
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nay...
    Stop being a cheap ass and buy the expansion, you want other ppl paying for it and you get it free ?
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    Ilithyania wrote: »
    If it gets more players sure :)

ofc it will as morrowind itself ons tart was terribly overpriced...and nobody normal who only pvp would pay that much only for that small thing
    RupzSkooma wrote: »

sorry but idk how many pure pvp players have bought this crap only for BG's especially if they arnt "wallet warriors" with tons of money

in every other mmo if is something with small pvp is from beggining free, so I dont see any point why those battlegrounds are locked behing crap of "expansion"

only thing I can understand with this if battleground would be just split from crap expansion for I can say maybe 1.5k crowns to dont overpay for something small locked behing big ***
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    gresiac wrote: »
    Stop being a cheap ass and buy the expansion, you want other ppl paying for it and you get it free ?

I bought the expansion. I'd still rather people get BGs for free if it means a greater number of people playing and a healthier community.
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!

I bought Morrowind day one, and I'd be extremely if BGs be a free feature.
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nay...
    Pr0Skygon wrote: »

I bought Morrowind day one, and I'd be extremely if BGs be a free feature.

I disagree.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay...
    This would decrease the value of Morrowind chapter and unfair yo those that bought it.

I believe most logical decision from ZOS would be to lower Morrowind's price as a whole.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    If you want more participation, which I hear is lacking in BGs, you open it to all. It's that simiple. I am currently ESO+ and own Morrowind but I would want it open to all for this very reason, so when I do get into BGs there isn't some super long queue.
    Edited by VexingArcanist on February 1, 2018 3:32PM
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
    This would decrease the value of Morrowind chapter and unfair yo those that bought it.

I believe most logical decision from ZOS would be to lower Morrowind's price as a whole.

Morrowind in itself for many had very small value comparable to orisnium if not even cheaper how poor this content is and was that much overpriced at start because of "nostalgia"

as I wrote...if ZO$ is nonstop to greedy then they should split only battlegrounds to crown store and then just battleground could be visible how this have more valuea than only morrowind haha
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay...
    Hmmm I said no but actually it really should be part of the base game. Look at any major MMO that has the same PvE/PvP/scenario PvP and the equivalent of battlegrounds is included in the base game. The only reason I see that not happening in ESO is that they are still trying to justify the cost of Morrowind