Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reconsidering Housing Storage

Recremen
Recremen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This isn't a thread to say "please reconsider adding this" or "please reconsider how you're implementing this". It's actually a really good system, and I am only just now starting to consider how incredibly useful it will be! Before I was never super excited about it, but the more I think it over, the better it sounds. I can free up so many guild bank slots that have been holding my luxury item furnishings now! I can take all my leveling sets out of my personal bank, and leave more room for collecting set items! I can hide all of my erotic literature in my home instead of storing it in the buried vault under Castle Alessia! And I can pay for them in three different ways, all of which give more value to currencies I use! So yeah, just, thanks for this. It seems like a swell feature.
Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has never been a thread more deserving of an "insightful" than this one :trollface:

But yeah housing storage is great
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I agree! Housing storage as they've implemented the system is great.

I like that the same chest can be accessed in every home, though some homes won't be able to have them all displayed. But, you can put out a chest, store items in it, and then put it away. The items aren't accessible while the chest is stored away, but the items remain, so you don't actually have to make room for all 8 in a given home.

What I don't like is that there is one chest that will not be available to a good number of players unless they spend 1500 Crowns on an additional character slot or they delete a character, which may represent months/years of work. The storage coffer awarded at Level 18 is ONLY AVAILABLE from the level-up advisor. They removed it from the writ vendor/tel var merchant, and it is not available for direct sale in the Crown Store (other than purchasing an additional character slot).
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to the storage as I have stuff that I just hoard that have no combat or crafting value like some laundered legerdemain goodies. Also, being able to keep my Monster stuff in a safe place but still accessible to all characters is nice too.

I am not sure I like the one crate only being obtainable by leveling, that should be an option. I have some low level mules I throw at a dolmen zerg, but a number of folks are already maxed out.

Edited by Nestor on January 31, 2018 9:20PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not quite what I was hoping for, but it will work well enough that I'll be getting every available chest as soon as I'm able.

It's a good compromise I suppose given how everyone wants something a little different. I'm still in need of a guild banking and guild store access from within my home/guild hall.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't super enthusiastic at first, either, but this is going to be great for shuffling gear between my crafters and the characters who actually need it. Much easier than sorting through an alphabetical list, realizing that I forgot to temper my Gloves of Consistent Stabbing just as I'm getting dressed.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of the acquisition methods. Unless you're a master crafter, you're pretty much SOL (it takes 8 months to reach master crafter status without crown store boosts).

Sure you can go the tel var route, but the TV prices are insanely high, and TV farming is undoubtedly the most annoying grind in the game (due to having to constantly deposit your TV).

They obviously did this so that most people would buy storage from the crown store, which is fine. It's just frustrating. I definitely won't be using housing storage, unless the crown store prices are reasonable.

Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 31, 2018 10:08PM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All chests will be purchased ASAP by me (with writ vouchers) and will be filled immediately.

Then within a month or two I will have run out of space again.........even though I have the craft bag and 480 bank slots :(
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Erris
    Erris
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're a great idea. They offer a place to store things that won't accidentally be broken down or sold, or things you just don't want cluttering up your bank or inventory.

But while they are excellent and much needed, I am very unhappy about the one coffer being available only if I spend crowns to purchase another character slot. I feel I'm being punished for having been here since beta. What happened to this game's stance of not having pay-to-win items? This and the fact that I'm going to get charged every time I want to make a little adjustment at the outfit station has made me angry enough to cancel my sub (which I've kept up since the very beginning). These things are supposed to be positive and fun and make players happy, but they're just another a cash grab.
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    This isn't a thread to say "please reconsider adding this" or "please reconsider how you're implementing this". It's actually a really good system, and I am only just now starting to consider how incredibly useful it will be! Before I was never super excited about it, but the more I think it over, the better it sounds. I can free up so many guild bank slots that have been holding my luxury item furnishings now! I can take all my leveling sets out of my personal bank, and leave more room for collecting set items! I can hide all of my erotic literature in my home instead of storing it in the buried vault under Castle Alessia! And I can pay for them in three different ways, all of which give more value to currencies I use! So yeah, just, thanks for this. It seems like a swell feature.

Yeah. Only took like 4 years to get housing with storage. Slow clap.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    What I don't like is that there is one chest that will not be available to a good number of players unless they spend 1500 Crowns on an additional character slot or they delete a character, which may represent months/years of work. The storage coffer awarded at Level 18 is ONLY AVAILABLE from the level-up advisor. They removed it from the writ vendor/tel var merchant, and it is not available for direct sale in the Crown Store (other than purchasing an additional character slot).
    Is that correct? so we can just buy 3 coffers and 4 chests.
    Then I looked at the level up rewards you could select one of the 4 coffers at level 18, if you owned some you could not select them I assumed.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.