Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Uncracked geodes need to be bankable OR increase the Transmute crystals cap

xeNNNNN
xeNNNNN
✭✭✭✭✭
So after pvping for a lot recently, ive noticed one big problem me and others are having and the problem is that we have too many uncracked geodes.

Yeah we could destroy them but thats just....well its stupid, because with 200 being the cap and 50 being the cost you cant even fully transmute and entire set so we will need the uncracked geodes but they are taking up so much inventory space that I might as well not even bother opening other mails and I dont want too dump all the other stuff into my back just for geode space. Then theres the fact that at the end of the campaign you get a geode with 50 transmute crystals in... I mean what are we going to do with that? lol

This is kinda ridiculous, Im guessing some of the hardcore pvers are having similar problems with how much they probably run dungeons and such.

Making the drops of them far more rare would only present the same problem but in reverse so that is not a solution.

So the suggestion is the title says;

- Uncracked Geodes become bankable

OR

- Transmute Crystals Cap is increased (at least 1000 because there would still be an incentive to obtain them seeing as they are incredibly valuable to a knowledgable player and the rate in which we get them is rather high).

thoughts?
Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bankable and sellable!

Need to offset high cost of flowers.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just too note, I believe the Cap increase would be the best and most viable option as allowing them to be bankable just delays the problem so the bank suggestion is more of a band-aid than a fix or improvement.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until then, the best idea I've heard is to transmute something worthless into nirn and decon it.

I don't have much more to contribute
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until then, the best idea I've heard is to transmute something worthless into nirn and decon it.

That's not a bad idea! Might do that lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or stack-able, and you shouldn't retrieve its content if you're full.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sure this will become less of a “problem” when Dragon Bones releases since we won’t be getting as many crystals from PvP.

Their entire intent was to make the Transmutation system a convenience and not to be relied upon as a primary means of getting your gear, which is what it has become with how they drop from PvP.

Leave it the way it is.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not gonna happen. It is a DLC feature (you can use it via housing, but still).

and i'm against it also. For a set u may need 250, which 200 is capped and then what, 2-3 uncracked ones?

you could open the mail from your bank-character, like i do. And why would you hoard them anyway? just throw them if you don't need them and u're capped.

this would be just another thing to be hoarded in the game. It's enough that everyone has hundreds of materials in the bank (i never need to buy anything except crafted items that i'm lazy to go make). These being capped make them more precious and special.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or stack-able, and you shouldn't retrieve its content if you're full.

Thats true but then you have mail cap to consider as well.

Stackable is a great idea though.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    I’m sure this will become less of a “problem” when Dragon Bones releases since we won’t be getting as many crystals from PvP.

Their entire intent was to make the Transmutation system a convenience and not to be relied upon as a primary means of getting your gear, which is what it has become with how they drop from PvP.

Leave it the way it is.

Huh I had no idea, is there any indication of how much the drop rate will be lowered by?
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Given the non-trade, bound nature of the crystals and the items that you transmute, I can’t understand why there is a cap at all. Seems like overkill to me.

Just ditch the cap !
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree with the op
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the cap should be removed or increased. I just finished bringing 9 characters through to level 3 rewards in Vivec. Once the campaign ends I will have 450 transmute crystal on top of the 200 I already have in cap and the RotW ones I have in each character's inventory.

Not quite sure why we are being punished for grinding them. I mean, whether you are grinding crystals or grinding gear, you are still spending time in the game.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    Anrose wrote: »

Leave it the way it is.

Huh I had no idea, is there any indication of how much the drop rate will be lowered by?

ATM it's 1 per character, dlc it'll be 1 per account
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please stop whining about "I have too many of X"... ZOS says "okay ... now no one will get them often". Transmute or destroy!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop rate will still not change end of campaign rewards.

If you have 14 characters in Vivec. You are looking at a minimum of 700 crystals per month. If all you do is PVP and you get 10 crystals per day on average through RotW (initial guaranteed drop from first reward and a few random drops) you are looking at another 300 crystals

So for those who PVP on many characters, 1,000 crystals per month is not out of the question.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This works, but it isn't a guarantee. You are still stuck with the same break down chance as any other gear piece.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There shouldnt be a cap on how much you hold, they are already decreasing to drop rate in pvp which was the fastest way to accumulate them. Why theres a cap on a currency is beyond me.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would settle for bankable in only the new storage chests.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But don't you need the trait stone to transmute something? So you'd have to use a nirncrux to transmute something and then just have a chance of getting it back when you deconstruct it....?
    PS4 EU
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

But don't you need the trait stone to transmute something? So you'd have to use a nirncrux to transmute something and then just have a chance of getting it back when you deconstruct it....?

Transmuting an item does not consume the trait stone.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They heared you OP. In Dragonbones dlc you can get 1 geode from rotw for account!
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Goshua on February 1, 2018 8:49AM
  • BrockofPercival
    BrockofPercival
    ✭✭✭
    YES

No idea why there even is a cap? What is the point?

Plus such a low cap.
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does anyone understand the reasoning behind the cap? the geodes and crystals are already bound to account, and so's the gear that's transmuted by them. why is it good for the game that we can't use something we earned when we want to use it?
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »
    does anyone understand the reasoning behind the cap? the geodes and crystals are already bound to account, and so's the gear that's transmuted by them. why is it good for the game that we can't use something we earned when we want to use it?

Exactly it makes no sense. I have 20 of them sitting in my inventory and have done for a day or so now and me and my friend have roughly the same and he has a full inbox of rewards of the worthy and doesnt want to open them because of this.

When I actually realised how many I had I bassically just went "heeeeyyy wait a minute.... 0.o"
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sky the limit !

Seriously though, remove the limit or put 500