The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Let us duel in dungeons

Soris
Soris
✭✭✭✭✭
Sımple it is. It would be nice if we could duel in dungeons when someone is afk or waiting for a tank/healer in queue. Just for fun
Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax disabled duels in dungeons to prevent people from charging ultimate off eachother.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d rather they didn’t enable something like this. The lag would be atrocious. As is there is a lot of unnecessary lag from people dueling around waypoints in towns. Dueling in a place where there is already lag like dungeons and trials would be horrible. I’d hate to be in a place like City of Ash or MoL and there are people dueling.
  • CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing I enjoy more than being spammed duel invites while wearing healers gear. I'd love to have it done to me while I'm trying to complete a dungeon.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've always wanted to duel atop White Gold Tower

I don't see the ult charging thing as much of an issue TBH, given that you can pretty much achieve the same thing by not instagibbing the last trash pack, and just tapping them with light attacks.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    The idiotic confusion and congestion around wayshrines, and the horrible lag in towns, that isn't enough for you? If you're that much of a masochist, I suggest that you find a real dungeon.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. This isn't meant for competitive dueling. It's just for fun while waiting.
    2. A duel between 2 out of 4 players will never cause lag like in cities.
    3. No need to over-exaggerate.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would also be a way to immediately resolve differences between group members. Typing “noob” thrice into the group chat or initiating a vote kick starts the duel instantly. ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dueling should be allowed in fewer places, not more.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »
    dueling should be allowed in fewer places, not more.

Thing is, if someone is dueling in a dungeon, it means that they aren't dueling in a town near a wayshrine.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could only encourage more players wearing PvP gear and skill set ups in dungeons.
    No thank you....
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    After waiting for the guy that crashed, I can't wait to wait for the the healer and the tank to duel for 7 minutes before we can continue... This idea is crushing itself :) Added: Also I can't wait for the 2 kids arguing, to start dueling to see who is right about the mechanic for Bogdan...
    Edited by Blackleopardex on January 31, 2018 1:27PM
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about fixing that annoying moment when you are trying to RESURRECT someone and instead you go to their interact menu and challenge them to a duel or worse, kick them from group
    Edited by JobooAGS on January 31, 2018 1:38PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax disabled duels in dungeons to prevent people from charging ultimate off eachother.

Lets not forget the real possibility that someone will go around challenging players to duels instead of doing the actual dungeon.

There are plenty of spaces for duels and this idea is not needed at all.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was disabled because you could start a duel near a boss and cause a lot of issues with the fight
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    This could only encourage more players wearing PvP gear and skill set ups in dungeons.
    No thank you....

The best pve gear is pvp gear.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. It's pointless and it gives possibility for some issues described above.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Would also be a way to immediately resolve differences between group members. Typing “noob” thrice into the group chat or initiating a vote kick starts the duel instantly. ;)

Encourage ppl take pvp toons to pve, sounds good. Also having stalemate in duels during dungeon is good (oh i play a magplar, and i get into stalemate with stam dk stam warden all the time)