Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

So how do you beat magplar?

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Only time I can actually take down a good one 1v1, is in werewolf form. I haven't really been put in that situation too often, without being interrupted and found myself in a 1vX scenario instead. The other toon I feel I might have a chance with, is my stamblade. So I think burst is my suggestion.
    I have tried this "you have to run them out of gas" strategy, but 1v1 it seems like a pretty hard task, if we're talking a good magplar. I simply can't do it, I eventually find myself being the one defending myself.

It's really just timing your burst around their stamina level. You'll be better off as a class with access to unblocked cc for this n

Point being, if they can't get up for 6 seconds, you should kill them in those 6 seconds. Even if they pop BoL 2 times after getting up, that's 3800x2 mag gone. Make them feel that by forcing them to use purge.

There is a reason zos didn't give us access to a strong hot and terrible Stam Regen sources.

Pretty sure you are right, when I take them down in WW form it's most often like I: Light attack/Infectious Claws, then fear immediately after (no chance to cleanse the two DOT's ), then while they are feared, heavy attack into Howl of Agony (maybe a couple of howls if I have stamina enough left to be safe) - if they still live, change that fact with light attack spam. If this doesn't help, the gtfo and try another target instead... ;-)
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    D E F I L E

No templar I have ever met does nothing but spam purge on an enemy and win. Pro tip: sword and shield has an ability that hard CCs and defiles. Bow defiles from range (great for blazing tanks). Warden pocket garden and templar dark flare also defile.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @Lexxypwns cost increase poisons?? Weak. Those poison take the fun out of this game.

Defile meta if you've got the gear. Duroks even has arcane rings. Then it just comes down to pressure.

@Brutusmax1mus I respect your opinion. But I don’t pay for this game to have boring half hour fights with everyone I run across. The tanky meta bores me beyond belief and the easiest way to end those long drawn out fights with tanky specs is cost increase poisons. By back bar-ing them I also have the option to proc them or not which still allows me to enjoy good fights without cheesing poisons while also always giving me a counter to overly tanky builds. As a primary solo player, I can’t afford to fight the block casting magplar for 25 minutes until someone shows up to Zerg me down, poisons allow me a counter to this.

Defile meta is just as bad as cost increase poisons, potentially even worse imo. Consider that every class can counter cost poisons by altering your playstyle while their active, heavy attack a lot and time your offensive window between poison proc, it’s not ideal but you can survive those fights on basically any class if you play accordingly. Only templars and shield stackers can counter defile metaand there’s no way to restore health other than TK which isn’t countered by defile

You know, after i posted that about defile i immediately thought about how cheesy it is. I just hate how poisons stop any type of fun response. Stopping a player from using skills isnt fun, especially with how easy it is in no cp against a magicka user.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play magplar atm and I always instadie when I have sudenly no magicka for no obvious reason. I assume it must be one of those poisons Im not so familiar with yet.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    I play magplar atm and I always instadie when I have sudenly no magicka for no obvious reason. I assume it must be one of those poisons Im not so familiar with yet.

If you're using the Breath of Life morph, use cleanse as much as non-templars say, and don't cast Channeled Focus every 8 seconds, it is very easy to run out of magicka.
  • NobleGuardian
    NobleGuardian
    ✭✭✭
    LOLOLOLOL this thread is a meme. bad magplars are still bad magplars lol QQ i cant kill magplars becuase they just hold block and my dmg is awful! ZOS halp me please
    Edited by NobleGuardian on January 29, 2018 10:02PM