The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ilambris V Maw

MyrddinEmrys
MyrddinEmrys
✭✭✭
PvE PetSorc - 5 Julianos, 4 IA + ____________

Context: vHM Trials & Dungeons. Rotation Style: Standard w/ alternating LA/HA weave.

Currently running Ilambris but curious which people are seeing best results with. Not just asking about DPS either, as survivability and utility are important considerations.

Edited by MyrddinEmrys on January 29, 2018 3:23PM

Ilambris V Maw 16 votes

Ilambris
75%
Oreyn_BearclawAmp151jakeedmundson AverageJo3Gam3rTheDominionRunefangMarabornwingrionRT_FrankmikemaconbeetlekleedendisuMerlinPendragon 12 votes
Maw of the Infernal
25%
Morgul667firedrgnStanxhuschdeguddzje 4 votes
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of the Infernal
    I am testing maw as a pet ill keep u posted. Its just fun running 4 pets at the same time. I am working on a 6 pet build but thats a ways off just dont ha e the time to play right now to relax and finish it.
  • Amp151
    Amp151
    ✭✭✭
    Ilambris
    The pet summoned by Maw won't stay alive long enough to be of use in some of the harder content with lots of AoE.

You'll get more DPS in the stuff that it does stay alive in.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't comment on dps, but Maw can definitely get in the way in group content more than the sorc pets.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilambris
    Assuming it doesnt die, cause chain lighting, push your stamina (melee) players out of the way as it charges to the boss, etc., then Maw is more DPS. Unfortunately, it routinely does all of those things and, in realty, it is generally more trouble than its worth.
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilambris
    Assuming it doesnt die, cause chain lighting, push your stamina (melee) players out of the way as it charges to the boss, etc., then Maw is more DPS. Unfortunately, it routinely does all of those things and, in realty, it is generally more trouble than its worth.

I tried using maw over illambris on the dummy... and i couldn't get maw to do higher dps.
    Maybe just a couple of fluke tries? I might try again though because it IS a unique/fun set.

Anyway... i vote illambris. double proc (fire, lightning) and hits the target regardless of range.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1