The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Shadowy Disguise Still Bugged

DDuke
DDuke
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Just thought I'd point this out, Shadowy Disguise (Shadow Cloak morph) "guaranteed crit" is still being consumed by DoT ticks, as reported a while ago: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367271/dot-ticks-ruin-shadowy-disguise

Basically if you have any DoT on target (be it Crippling Grasp, Poison Injection or just something like Burning status effect or Axe bleed), then this morph will only guarantee a crit on that next DoT tick, not on your next actual attack.

Related: if you don't have any DoTs on target and cast any Heal over Time effect (Vigor, Rapid Regeneration, Mutagen, Funnel Health etc etc) and then cast Shadowy Disguise, all those heal ticks will crit.

Also, Shadow Image in duels is still detecting and hitting cloaked players. Not nice.

Would be nice if these bugs could be addressed.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Just thought I'd point this out, Shadowy Disguise (Shadow Cloak morph) "guaranteed crit" is still being consumed by DoT ticks.

Why shouldn't it be consumed by DOT ticks? A DOT tick is an attack, and DOTs can crit. The tooltip does not specify only direct damage abilities are supposed to consume the buff.

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Just thought I'd point this out, Shadowy Disguise (Shadow Cloak morph) "guaranteed crit" is still being consumed by DoT ticks.

Why shouldn't it be consumed by DOT ticks? A DOT tick is an attack, and DOTs can crit. The tooltip does not specify only direct damage abilities are supposed to consume the buff.

Because its a noticeable disadvantage on a build running dots vs a build that does not. A hard hitting ability is much more deadly as a crit then a dot, especially one that has high dmg as base. Burst in pvp is key.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, I don't know... feels a bit counterintuitive I think since it discourages you from slotting any DoT abilities, using axes or fire staff etc :p

It didn't always work that way, in the early days it used to buff the next skill you use but it got bugged somewhere along the way (can't remember exactly when, been using Dark Cloak for ages).

But it would be nice to know if this is intended so I can stop testing it every patch & making these threads.
    Edited by DDuke on January 27, 2018 9:21PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Because its a noticeable disadvantage on a build running dots vs a build that does not. A hard hitting ability is much more deadly as a crit then a dot, especially one that has high dmg as base. Burst in pvp is key.

That's true, but that still does not make it a bug. Sounds more like an unwanted feature.
    Edited by Sharee on January 27, 2018 9:25PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

That's true, but that still does not make it a bug. Sounds more like an unwanted feature.

Could be.

Actually I remember how it at one point used to make everything crit while you were cloaked. DoTs, HoTs, your next Surprise Attack etc... now it's like the complete opposite & makes only one DoT tick crit.

It'd be nice to know how that ability is actually intended to work (it still makes all heal ticks crit for instance if you've no DoT on target), it's just weird at the moment & I think (only ZOS knows) bugged/broken in more than one way.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be nice to know how that ability is actually intended to work (it still makes all heal ticks crit for instance if you've no DoT on target), it's just weird at the moment & I think (only ZOS knows) bugged/broken in more than one way.

My guess is that ZOS is unwilling to make a hard stance on these issues because they aren't sure themselves and it might come around and bite them in the behind.

Like, they say this is not intended, fix it, and then realize it made heavy DOT builds overpowered because now they get a guaranteed crit on a heavy hitter in addition to all the DOTS ticking on target. Much better to stay quiet unless absolutely neccessary :)
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this doesn't get fixed on live then I can't really see a reason not to run the other morph over the crit one unless ganking...
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That bug related with shade is more a travel time issue. If you cloak when the shade is shooting at you or is charging the next attack cloak will break, if you use cloak immediately after the shade hit it won't pull you out of cloak and stops shooting at you until you are visible again atleast that's what my tests were showing
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Related: if you don't have any DoTs on target and cast any Heal over Time effect (Vigor, Rapid Regeneration, Mutagen, Funnel Health etc etc) and then cast Shadowy Disguise, all those heal ticks will crit.

Go on ZOS, call that a feature <3