Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher gets stuck at 31% and freezes

MeltyLotus
MeltyLotus
✭✭✭
I'm on Steam and the launcher stops at 31% when updating and gets stuck there. I can't crtAltDelete it closed, the only way is to completely restart my computer.

I can't make it past 31% no matter how long I wait.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:01AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If the progress bar freezes or gets stuck when trying to patch, please try the following steps:
    1. Open the launcher in administrator mode, you can do this by right clicking on the launcher and selecting "Run as administrator" from the drop down menu.
    2. Go to game options. This is located in the middle of the launcher under the news feed.
    3. Cancel any update in progress.
    4. Return to game options and select settings.
    5. In setting change auto update from always to never.
    6. Press apply.
    7. Select the cog wheel up the top right hand corner of the launcher.
    8. Select the megaserver you want to change to ( EU or NA)
    9. Once this is complete go back to game options and select check for updates. This should start to patch the game for your new server.
    10. If it does not patch select repair from game options and wait for the repair to finish.
    11. Once the repair has finished select check for updates.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MeltyLotus
    MeltyLotus
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If the progress bar freezes or gets stuck when trying to patch, please try the following steps:
    1. Open the launcher in administrator mode, you can do this by right clicking on the launcher and selecting "Run as administrator" from the drop down menu.
    2. Go to game options. This is located in the middle of the launcher under the news feed.
    3. Cancel any update in progress.
    4. Return to game options and select settings.
    5. In setting change auto update from always to never.
    6. Press apply.
    7. Select the cog wheel up the top right hand corner of the launcher.
    8. Select the megaserver you want to change to ( EU or NA)
    9. Once this is complete go back to game options and select check for updates. This should start to patch the game for your new server.
    10. If it does not patch select repair from game options and wait for the repair to finish.
    11. Once the repair has finished select check for updates.

Fixed now I've got an error 6, it crashes as soon as I hit play.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MeltyLotus

For fatal error 6, you should try running a second repair of your game files and see if that resolves the error. If that doesn't help, you may need to reinstall the launcher.

Delete the ESO Launcher Folder

PC: Go to the Launcher folder and delete it.
    • You can find this by default at C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher.

Download new ESO Launcher

Once you have deleted the folder, download the ESO Launcher from your account management page here to reinstall it. You can do this by logging in to your account on our website and clicking the Download Game button on the page for your appropriate platform.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MeltyLotus
    MeltyLotus
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @MeltyLotus

For fatal error 6, you should try running a second repair of your game files and see if that resolves the error. If that doesn't help, you may need to reinstall the launcher.

Delete the ESO Launcher Folder

PC: Go to the Launcher folder and delete it.
    • You can find this by default at C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher.

Download new ESO Launcher

Once you have deleted the folder, download the ESO Launcher from your account management page here to reinstall it. You can do this by logging in to your account on our website and clicking the Download Game button on the page for your appropriate platform.

Was unable to repair it and I tried a new launcher but got the same results.

I did a complete reinstall and everything works out now. Thanks for help.