The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Hide helmet option

ynimma
ynimma
✭✭✭✭
Can anyone confirm please what will happen to the hide helmet option once the patch and DLC goes live?
From the patch notes published I read that the hide helmet option will be removed from the settings menu and will be assigned to the outfit slot.

If I only will have one free slot per account how will that affect my characters?
Will only one character of mine be able to hide the helmet (the one who uses that one outfit slot) and the other characters have no chance without buying outfit for them as well?
Or can any of my character who is not interested in transmog at all use the newly refurbished dye stations' hide helmet function regardless of them not having outfit slots assigned to them?

Thank you!
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ynimma wrote: »
    If I only will have one free slot per account character how will that affect my characters?

Free slot is per character
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • ynimma
    ynimma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, that's a relief!
    Thank you, now I'm looking forward to it!
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's two ways to hide a helmet in Update 17; the new Hat option in Costumes, or the 'No Helm' option in Outfits if you're not wearing a Costume.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Bighanson
    Bighanson
    ✭✭
    The whole gameplay and class balance is broken and so many people write about that stupid helmet option. Wtf.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bighanson wrote: »
    The whole gameplay and class balance is broken and so many people write about that stupid helmet option. Wtf.

It is almost like different people care about different things.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bighanson wrote: »

Ask yourself. Which one of those options, if I whine and cry and make a fuss about on the forums, do I have a hope and a prayer of getting ZOS to change?
    Answer: If whining and crying and making a fuss made an ounce of difference to how ZOS fixes the gameplay and class balance, it would have been fixed a long time ago.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Mousing over, it looks like the Hide Your Helm costume hat in collections and the Hide Helm outfit station option, tooltips and titles aside, are supposed to work the same way, but with the collections one being about hiding more than just outfit headgear, I think.

The Outfit System: Basics Guide has a pretty succinct rundown on things hat-wise. I think, when in doubt, opt for the collections Hide Your Helm one. I know I probably will...
  • Carter_DC
    Carter_DC
    ✭✭✭
    Too sad they didn't add an option to toggle the guild tabard over or under your outfit/costume.
    High Kinlady Estre was right ! Hail to the Veil !
    Fr AD Guild Arkadium.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carter_DC wrote: »
    Too sad they didn't add an option to toggle the guild tabard over or under your outfit/costume.

Ye, like return setting of hide helmet but since we can hide it other way - change it into toggle tabard off/on.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to note from ESO Live on the past Friday.

You will no longer be able to hide headgear on polymorphs with the new system.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

They also sort of added a vague "yet" comment after they said that. That doesn't mean they are going to do it, but they are at least aware of it enough to consider that it is something they might want to address.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 25, 2018 2:58PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

They also sort of added a vague "yet" comment after they said that. That doesn't mean they are going to do it, but they are at least aware of it enough to consider that it is something they might want to address.
    Ah, thanks I missed that bit.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."