Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MS Controller Question

SirJake990
SirJake990
✭✭
I use a PC Win10. I also use an MS Controller. Generally speaking I love the combo BUT I have one specific problem. I thought depressing the right trigger and holding it, then hitting 'A, X, Y, or B' would trigger a heavy attack. I ran with that assumption, but, while tanking, I have had players complain that I am not supplying enough agro. Then I started thinking, holding down the right trigger prompts hits and I am thinking the AXY or B are being disregarded. Any guidance on how to heavy and light attack with a controller would be most helpful. I am 70 and having to learn and use the keyboard does not sound like fun.
Thanks
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not 100% on controller set ups but normally heavy attacks are just done with holding whichever button does the light attack.

If you're hitting other buttons which activate skills they'll actually interrupt and cut off your heavy attack. If you're using a Ice Staff to taunt enemies then you need to complete a full heavy attack for the taunt effect.

If you're using sword and shield or the undaunted ranged taunt skill you need just look at (maybe target) the enemy you wish to taunt and hit the skill.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ This. On a controller, the right trigger is for both light and heavy attacks. Press and release to deliver a light attack. Hold, and your character will go through a "windup" animation and then slam the enemy with a heavy attack.

You'll want to practice a bit to get the feel for how long you need to keep the trigger held to fully charge and release the heavy attack so that you don't let go too soon, or press a button to use a skill too soon.