Maintenance for the week of November 18:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – November 18,  4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – November 20,  6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – November 20,  6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Cheating or are the server just that bad

jerj6925
jerj6925
✭✭✭
I have yet to see any feed back on all my reports in game about if some one is cheating or if the servers are that bad. they have replied and told me I should look in to my connection, well I have and its great, xfinity is assuring me everything is working as intended. so my connection is fine, game servers are find and If this is the case then what's left of this player base MUST be cheaters and this company really don't care. so here is what happens.

I get the drop on some one get there life almost down and then.... some how they are suddenly behind me full health and in one attack animation have hit me 5+ times instantly. If the servers are not the issue they must be a cheater right? how else? they didn't hit me for more than 1k - 1.3k per hit and at 29k health I should last more than a second.

In another fight I was in combat for what must have been 5 minutes, 80% of the time the guy was right in my face my ranged spells were grayed out as if he was out of range (no not negate magic I would see that). launching puncturing sweeps and perhaps one burst of damage would go off but the rest nothing. Now this guy could continually attack me and hit me and I was just simply healing through the damage but when attacking no damage would happen to the other player... if the servers are working as intended he must be cheating right??

Other times I will fighting some one and then I can no longer attack them and then they start healing and I'm mashing my attacks thinking WTF why cant I attack and then after he tops off his health... gee now I can start to attack again but then comes the instant kill where yep he hit 5+ times and I'm just dead. The servers are working as intended so he must be a cheater??

Now keep in mind when I say 5+ attacks that's because you can only see the last 5 attacks and it always happens in one attack animation.

In alliance chat people are complain about sever lag but ESO reps keep quite about lag so servers must be working as intended.

Oh here is a good one, I come across a dolman and attack the NPCs there, 70% of my attacks don't register any damage. BUT NPC attacks always land... servers are working as intended so these NPCs must be cheating right?

is the reason why ESO protects cheaters is because they really are not cheating and they simply cant deliver what they are promising so they are protecting those who I guess don't have server issues by living in the city where the servers are? by the way where is this super server?? I would love to check the ping time.

It seems to me the game mechanics can not be supported by the server being used for this game.. unless I'm wrong and ESO reps are right and servers are working as intended. But that means ESO player base is cheating and ESO don't care so lets all just cheat then?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag is a thing. A very real thing. So is Cheat Engine. And then the servers do interesting things, like the Meteor bug.

    I can't tell you what you are seeing on your screen when it comes to lag or whether something is hitting your "something is not right here" instincts. What I can suggest is this:

    1. Pay attention when you think you are lagging. I've had 5 cliff racers from the same warden hit me in the back in 1 second, but I knew I was lagging at the time. Most likely, there was nothing nefarious going on.

    2. If you think something is not right or out of the ordinary in ways that aren't lag related and look more like cheating, report it. Video and/or combat logs for proof help, otherwise you'll have to depend on ZOS to review the incident. Note that ZOS won't discuss any disciplinary action with you, so you'll have to report it and let it go.

    Finally, as a rule of thumb, unless I'm seeing something that is really out of the ordinary over a period of time that I'm pretty confident I can identify as cheating, I prefer to never ascribe to malice when mere incompetence will suffice. Unless I'm dealing with a player with a "history" of "interesting" gameplay that looks an awful lot like cheating, I usually assume that my internet connection sucks (rural internet FTW!), the lag is bad, or the server is doing something weird.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xfinity is not a stable internet connection. It has peaks and valleys and can really get chocked off but that is not necessarily what your issue is.

    First, Zos is not going to tell you player X was cheating. That is not normal for a gaming company. They will not tell you their findings nor any punishment in these individual cases. Even in the large scale issues Zos does not name anyone, at least not that I have seen.

    Zos is not protecting cheaters exactly, but there is privacy issues and in reality it is none of your business.

    Further, and no offense, but stating what you saw or think you saw is actually meaningless without video. That is also something else great to provide to Zos as well, but again, they will not reply telling you if the player was actually cheating nor any action they took towards an individual.

    And believe me, Zos knows about server lag cyrodiil, fortunately much better than at launch but still some distance to go. Also, the dolmen story does not add up. I have never experience the bad lag issues at a dolmen, regardless if it is in Cyrodiil or elsewhere.

    It really seems, based on your examples you are experiencing more than the average player. Heck, mostly in Cyrodiil I see lag when the area is very busy. Not in 1v1 fights and such. It can be much more than just your internet connection and anything from an issue with your PC or a node between your PC and the gaming servers. Before you say you have this very sweet rig, that does not mean you do not have a local issue at all.

    Edit: and again, as OP pointed out, video is best when reporting cheating. Our explanation often misses important information. If you are on PC there are various options for recording that do not slow down a decent PC, at least not mine. Nvidia has a setup that is easy to use if you have an Nvidia card, but there are other general options.
    Edited by idk on January 25, 2018 4:21AM
    Really, idk
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Xfinity is not a stable internet connection. It has peaks and valleys and can really get chocked off but that is not necessarily what your issue is.

    First, Zos is not going to tell you player X was cheating. That is not normal for a gaming company. They will not tell you their findings nor any punishment in these individual cases. Even in the large scale issues Zos does not name anyone, at least not that I have seen.

    Zos is not protecting cheaters exactly, but there is privacy issues and in reality it is none of your business.

    Further, and no offense, but stating what you saw or think you saw is actually meaningless without video. That is also something else great to provide to Zos as well, but again, they will not reply telling you if the player was actually cheating nor any action they took towards an individual.

    And believe me, Zos knows about server lag cyrodiil, fortunately much better than at launch but still some distance to go. Also, the dolmen story does not add up. I have never experience the bad lag issues at a dolmen, regardless if it is in Cyrodiil or elsewhere.

    It really seems, based on your examples you are experiencing more than the average player. Heck, mostly in Cyrodiil I see lag when the area is very busy. Not in 1v1 fights and such. It can be much more than just your internet connection and anything from an issue with your PC or a node between your PC and the gaming servers. Before you say you have this very sweet rig, that does not mean you do not have a local issue at all.

    Edit: and again, as OP pointed out, video is best when reporting cheating. Our explanation often misses important information. If you are on PC there are various options for recording that do not slow down a decent PC, at least not mine. Nvidia has a setup that is easy to use if you have an Nvidia card, but there are other general options.

    I cant post video because that would show the names of the people thus violate the protection of cheaters..

    As for privacy issues and its none of my business? your very wrong there and your stance on that one allows for the industry to continue as it has. do you realize how common cheating is becoming in the gamming industry and how accepted as just normal now? Ever read reviews from sites selling product to help people cheat? they talk about it like they bought an upgrade to there system that has improved their skills.

    And cheaters are everyones business, I paid to play this game so it is my business.

    As for my internet connection and using Xfinity and your comment about how sub par they are... I'm just rolling my eyes at that one and I am posting this on the PS4 sections because I am playing on the PS4. Oh and because it could have been the counsel I did have it replaced twice (long story) so this the gamming experience is the same across 3 pS4 pros and on my sons pS4 and my daughters pS4.

    Last it would be nice if they gave the server locations so I could ping them and see how it is.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Xfinity is not a stable internet connection. It has peaks and valleys and can really get chocked off but that is not necessarily what your issue is.

    First, Zos is not going to tell you player X was cheating. That is not normal for a gaming company. They will not tell you their findings nor any punishment in these individual cases. Even in the large scale issues Zos does not name anyone, at least not that I have seen.

    Zos is not protecting cheaters exactly, but there is privacy issues and in reality it is none of your business.

    Further, and no offense, but stating what you saw or think you saw is actually meaningless without video. That is also something else great to provide to Zos as well, but again, they will not reply telling you if the player was actually cheating nor any action they took towards an individual.

    And believe me, Zos knows about server lag cyrodiil, fortunately much better than at launch but still some distance to go. Also, the dolmen story does not add up. I have never experience the bad lag issues at a dolmen, regardless if it is in Cyrodiil or elsewhere.

    It really seems, based on your examples you are experiencing more than the average player. Heck, mostly in Cyrodiil I see lag when the area is very busy. Not in 1v1 fights and such. It can be much more than just your internet connection and anything from an issue with your PC or a node between your PC and the gaming servers. Before you say you have this very sweet rig, that does not mean you do not have a local issue at all.

    Edit: and again, as OP pointed out, video is best when reporting cheating. Our explanation often misses important information. If you are on PC there are various options for recording that do not slow down a decent PC, at least not mine. Nvidia has a setup that is easy to use if you have an Nvidia card, but there are other general options.

    I cant post video because that would show the names of the people thus violate the protection of cheaters..

    As for privacy issues and its none of my business? your very wrong there and your stance on that one allows for the industry to continue as it has. do you realize how common cheating is becoming in the gamming industry and how accepted as just normal now? Ever read reviews from sites selling product to help people cheat? they talk about it like they bought an upgrade to there system that has improved their skills.

    And cheaters are everyones business, I paid to play this game so it is my business.

    As for my internet connection and using Xfinity and your comment about how sub par they are... I'm just rolling my eyes at that one and I am posting this on the PS4 sections because I am playing on the PS4. Oh and because it could have been the counsel I did have it replaced twice (long story) so this the gamming experience is the same across 3 pS4 pros and on my sons pS4 and my daughters pS4.

    Last it would be nice if they gave the server locations so I could ping them and see how it is.

    You don't post video on the forums because that would show the names of people you think are cheating. You are more than welcome to send that video to ZOS when you report those people. If I have to report someone, I will try to follow-up to the email ZOS sends me by attaching screenshots, since I don't take video myself.

    ZOS is pretty clear on their stance that they will not discuss disciplinary issues that involve another gamer with you because of privacy issues. Other games may do it differently and you may disagree or believe that stance allows cheaters to prosper, but that's the stance ZOS takes, probably because of liability reasons. You are welcome to try to convince ZOS otherwise, but debating the approach ZOS clearly takes with members on the forums is not going to be helpful. Its simply ZOS' stance that the results of any investigation are between them and the gamer in question and are none of your business.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Xfinity is not a stable internet connection. It has peaks and valleys and can really get chocked off but that is not necessarily what your issue is.

    First, Zos is not going to tell you player X was cheating. That is not normal for a gaming company. They will not tell you their findings nor any punishment in these individual cases. Even in the large scale issues Zos does not name anyone, at least not that I have seen.

    Zos is not protecting cheaters exactly, but there is privacy issues and in reality it is none of your business.

    Further, and no offense, but stating what you saw or think you saw is actually meaningless without video. That is also something else great to provide to Zos as well, but again, they will not reply telling you if the player was actually cheating nor any action they took towards an individual.

    And believe me, Zos knows about server lag cyrodiil, fortunately much better than at launch but still some distance to go. Also, the dolmen story does not add up. I have never experience the bad lag issues at a dolmen, regardless if it is in Cyrodiil or elsewhere.

    It really seems, based on your examples you are experiencing more than the average player. Heck, mostly in Cyrodiil I see lag when the area is very busy. Not in 1v1 fights and such. It can be much more than just your internet connection and anything from an issue with your PC or a node between your PC and the gaming servers. Before you say you have this very sweet rig, that does not mean you do not have a local issue at all.

    Edit: and again, as OP pointed out, video is best when reporting cheating. Our explanation often misses important information. If you are on PC there are various options for recording that do not slow down a decent PC, at least not mine. Nvidia has a setup that is easy to use if you have an Nvidia card, but there are other general options.

    I cant post video because that would show the names of the people thus violate the protection of cheaters..

    As for privacy issues and its none of my business? your very wrong there and your stance on that one allows for the industry to continue as it has. do you realize how common cheating is becoming in the gamming industry and how accepted as just normal now? Ever read reviews from sites selling product to help people cheat? they talk about it like they bought an upgrade to there system that has improved their skills.

    And cheaters are everyone's business, I paid to play this game so it is my business.

    As for my internet connection and using Xfinity and your comment about how sub par they are... I'm just rolling my eyes at that one and I am posting this on the PS4 sections because I am playing on the PS4. Oh and because it could have been the counsel I did have it replaced twice (long story) so this the gamming experience is the same across 3 pS4 pros and on my sons pS4 and my daughters pS4.

    Last it would be nice if they gave the server locations so I could ping them and see how it is.

    1. you can provide video to Zos, which is basically what we are saying. Posting this thread in the forums does nothing.

    2. you are very much wrong with that it is your business. I understand the feeling of entitlement, but there legal reasons and protections that Zos will not tell you. Granted, I understand most do not understand this or care about it, but it is real. Yes, cheating itself is everyones business, but the fact you paid for the game does nothing to override Zos need to legally protect themselves from legal action.

    As for you comment about the internet connection, that merely demonstates you now little about the design of cable internet which is what your provider give and little about what happens between your front door and the game servers. What is funny about your comment here is I had my internet provider recently tell me everything was ok. LOL. When they actually came out they discovered an issue between my home and it's connection to their local infrastructure, the modem had gone bad and they had things setup wrong in their system for my higher speeds.

    Yes, It could be the server, but again, none of the information you provided really makes anything clear.
    Really, idk
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭
    Man you just cant help your self to throw little digs at me can you? you are not here to help but cause just enough grief before its considered flaming. This is Technical support for PS4 system and you offer nothing but little subtle digs.

    #1 if your going to "basically say something" why not just say it?

    #2 The reason why cheating is so rampant in the gaming world is because of your very view right here and others like it. Feeling of entitlement?? what are you talking about?? I never said I was entitled to anything so you can stop trying to put words in my mouth. I am not asking for ZOS to supply me with account information of anyone or personal information of these people. there are some companies who will send in game email quarterly telling how many accounts they have permanent ban and how many were temp ban and even for what.

    #3 Lets just say you actually know something about me and your right that I know absolutely nothing about internets and how they are born in the world for us to use. ZOS understands how these companies function and if they wish to reach as big of a market share as they can... and I assure you they want every customer they can get it falls to them to make the mechanics of this game function over all the networks with in reason of course, and they also need to have servers that can support their game mechanics.

    See if a company never gets any feed back then everything must be working as intended or perhaps no one cares so there is nothing to improve and nothing will ever be improved. People coming here to the Technical support to complain (regardless of how you see it) or how they complain is feed back to the company that something is wrong and perhaps it should be investigated.

    Last you clearly missed the sarcasm in the first post where I ask are servers working as intended or are NPC of cheating? you know NPC's cant cheat right?

    What I really want to find out from ZOS is, can you deliver to me? if not just tell me and I will go away to another game.

    So enough of the little digs, if you have something helpful to ask or suggest then just do so, otherwise just stay out of it and let a ZOS rep assist me... if they will assist me.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 ZOS doesn't work like that. ZOS apparently has no interest in working like that despite having ample opportunity. You can petition them otherwise but the available evidence suggests that ZOS doesn't intend to change their policy about talking about disciplinary actions any time soon even if other games do that.

    I can't help you with #1 or #3. I hope you get help with your internet connection questions. The only suggestion there I can offer is that if I use the "Ask for Help" option in the in-game Report function, I get an automated email response about a day later. If I then escalate by replying to that email, I usually get to talk to a real person and get actual help, even if it doesn't actually solve my problem in the end. It looks like you may have already tried that option from the OP, but I'm not sure so I'll offer the advice anyway just in case.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    .
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:13AM
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭
    so got in another fight again, guy is jumping up and down in front of me and all my target attacks will not work but puncturing sweeps is the only thing that will register some hits on them. Only area damage spells like this seem to be effecting people.

    OK, In the middle of this post I got in to another fight with another char and the same thing, if I was close enough puncturing sweeps would do some damage but other spells like vampires bane, purifying light even radiant glory would not work. this time it was with another Templar.

    This cant be a lag thing because area effect style attacks can work.

    Edited by jerj6925 on February 1, 2018 5:35AM
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭
    How come no one from technical support has jumped in here with any thing?

    Just came across a dragon knight, I attacked him and got 1 vampire bane off on him. He turned and flame lashed me to death just after my 1 instant went off. He must me cheating right because servers are working as intended?????

    Oh yea flame lash hit for 2.3k or less on each hit...

    Hello technical support???? Hello??
    Edited by jerj6925 on February 3, 2018 5:38AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    How come no one from technical support has jumped in here with any thing?

    Just came across a dragon knight, I attacked him and got 1 vampire bane off on him. He turned and flame lashed me to death just after my 1 instant went off. He must me cheating right because servers are working as intended?????

    Oh yea flame lash hit for 2.3k or less on each hit...

    Hello technical support???? Hello??

    Based on the OP it does not appear you are looking for technical support but merely complaining they are not telling you how they handled your previous reports of players possibly cheating, which is something the normally do not do. This is just a guess but makes sense it is a possibility.

    If you are seeking help from technical support due to issues you are experiencing with your gameplay I suggest opening a ticket and let them know the issue you are experiencing as well as what server you are on. It is best to include aa much information about what you are doing at the time and a good description of the technical issue you are experiencing.

    Good luck.
    Really, idk
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭
    Just had another encounter where the game started lagging so bad I was not able to attack the player but he was able to attack me... I could heal my self and aoe damage would effect this player but I could not target them directly.
Sign In or Register to comment.