The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Strongest Daedric Prince

SilverIce58
SilverIce58
✭✭✭✭✭
I was gonna make this a poll, but polls only have 10 options, and there's 17 Princes, so, Who do you think is the strongest Daedric Prince? Is it Nocturnal the Ur-dra, first from the Void? Molag Bal the Prince of Domination? Jyggalag, who it took the combined power of every Prince to lock him away as half of Sheogorath? Or maybe the lowly Peryite, whose plagues and diseases could utterly decimate the population of Tamriel?

Personally, I'd say Nocturnal is strongest, but Jyggalag is most fearsome.
Edited by SilverIce58 on January 22, 2018 10:48PM
PC - NA
CP 1125
Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jyggalag, pre-Sheogorath/Greymarch at least in terms of "which daedric prince scares the other daedric princes." He's certainly no fun for mortals either.
    Options
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mehrunes Dagon, the absolute ruler of destruction and chaos, granter of the strongest of artifacts, summoner of the natural disasters that lay waste to entire cities.
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My vote is for Sheogorath: fork; cheese; wabbajack; fashion sense (lol); madness; and just overall interesting.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag Bal! every lord is a price but not every prince is a lord.
    PC EU

Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would the answer to that not depend on how you measure or define "strongest"?
    As such, it would be way too situation-dependent to be a good argument I would think...
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a theory out there about Peryite just being considered weak among mortals because most of his concerns are about his vast planes in Oblivion. There is a reference somewhere that Daedric princes should stay within their spheres unless they want to end up like "you know who". I tried to google it up to check what the argument was why this refered to Peryite and not Jyggalag, but got lazy.

Eitherway, it goes something like this: Peryite used to step out of his sphere and conquer other planes of Oblivion, which is why he is called "the taskmaster", which not only describes how he treats mortals but also his fellow Daedra. However, with so many planes to keep the natural order in, Nirn just can't be his highest priority anymore if he wants to keep his influence in the planes of Oblivion, making him appear as "the weakest among the Daedric princes" as mortals judge strength by influence on their lives. He is basically stuck where he is, as long as he doesn't want other princes to swoop in and divide his realm up again.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on January 22, 2018 10:34PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    There is a theory out there about Peryite just being considered weak among mortals because most of his concerns are about his vast planes in Oblivion. There is a reference somewhere that Daedric princes should stay within their spheres unless they want to end up like "you know who". I tried to google it up to check what the argument was why this refered to Peryite and not Jyggalag, but got lazy.

Eitherway, it goes something like this: Peryite used to step out of his sphere and conquer other planes of Oblivion, which is why he is called "the taskmaster", which not only describes how he treats mortals but also his fellow Daedra. However, with so many planes to keep the natural order in, Nirn just can't be his highest priority anymore if he wants to keep his influence in the planes of Oblivion, making him appear as "the weakest among the Daedric princes" as mortals judge strength by influence on their lives. He is basically stuck where he is, as long as he doesn't want other princes to swoop in and divide his realm up again.

There's a great piece of Apocrypha on the TESLore reddit about Peryite: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/5zrwpz/but_why_worship_peryite_an_answer/
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Options
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padomay and Anu.
    Apparently the source.
    Always go back to the source of things.

I have a theory that the Daedric prince's are equal in power.
    Or they would have conquered one another long ago.
    The jyggalag incident was more the combating the laws of creation rather than combating jyggalag himself.
    I have no Idea in reality and am just making wild stabs in the void...As it were.
    Edited by AngelFires333 on January 22, 2018 10:59PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Chris
    ZOS_Chris
    Community Rep
    That's a really good question, thanks for making me think on this!

I'm torn between a few based on their own attributes and influence...

Boethiah - Treachery, deceit, assassination. Mostly because of the silent and shadowy influence the Dark Brotherhood has in using these to their advantage.

Hermaeus Mora - Prince of knowledge and the unknown. The information he holds could be devastating to any society if unleashed.

Mehrunes Dagon - Destruction and bloodshed. Tamriel has lost many to these.

I'm honestly not sure though, I'd love to hear if you think otherwise!
    Options
    Staff Post
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe without one, the others could not exist.
    They're many individualized by the one.
    Options
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Chris wrote: »
    That's a really good question, thanks for making me think on this!

I'm torn between a few based on their own attributes and influence...

Boethiah - Treachery, deceit, assassination. Mostly because of the silent and shadowy influence the Dark Brotherhood has in using these to their advantage.

Hermaeus Mora - Prince of knowledge and the unknown. The information he holds could be devastating to any society if unleashed.

Mehrunes Dagon - Destruction and bloodshed. Tamriel has lost many to these.

I'm honestly not sure though, I'd love to hear if you think otherwise!

Hermaeus Mora's secret knowledge would be even more insane if he joined forces with his "sibling" Mephala, as she is also a hoarder of secrets.

Also, Dagon is, to me, a form of natural disasters. He brings about change through war and bloodshed, mostly because the world needs it. And natural things are pretty terrifying at times.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Options
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jyggalag was the strongest...the others thought he would take over most of Oblivion, so they teamed up to get rid/curse him....hello Uncle Sheo.

After Jyggalag, it would be a toss up between Molag-Bal, Mehrunes Dagon from a mortals view.

I think the princes are on a equal footing on one sense or another, or the others would team up against them like they did with Jyggalag, power plays and all of that.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    Options
  • programcanaan
    programcanaan
    ✭✭✭
    Peryite or Boethiah

Peryite's connection to dwarves and other daedra. He's been known to invade other daedric realms to issues tasks. Hermaeous might even be following his tasks given his mutual relation to dwarves. That and Hermaeous always seems to be following a task rather than his own ambition. Always collecting knowledge. But at whose whim?

Boethiah's has ties to Sithis. A power possibly older, stronger, and more primordial than Lorkhan.
    Options
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clavicus Vile is the only correct answer! He’s the Prince of Wishes, Bargains, and Power

Clavicus Vile: "Oh, if I had my full power, granting that would be trivial. I'd simply snap my fingers, and everyone in Skyrim would die! War resolved!”

No way any of the other Princes can do that.
    Options
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Jyggalag was the strongest...the others thought he would take over most of Oblivion, so they teamed up to get rid/curse him....hello Uncle Sheo.

After Jyggalag, it would be a toss up between Molag-Bal, Mehrunes Dagon from a mortals view.

I think the princes are on a equal footing on one sense or another, or the others would team up against them like they did with Jyggalag, power plays and all of that.

True.
    I doubt the mortal mind is capable of comprehending the infinite.
    For the mortal sense is naturally finite.
    Philosophies and theories will always stem from a finite source.
    The mortal mind is an inadequate tool.

Options
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clavicus Vile is the only correct answer! He’s the Prince of Wishes, Bargains, and Power

Clavicus Vile: "Oh, if I had my full power, granting that would be trivial. I'd simply snap my fingers, and everyone in Skyrim would die! War resolved!”

No way any of the other Princes can do that.

He can not even control his dog.
    Let alone the power of creation. lol
    Options
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearly Zenimax is the most powerful Daedric Prince
    Options
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azura and Meridia would have to be my favorite tho.
    Followed by Nocturnal.

The holy trinity.
    Options
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really do think Peryite could do some pretty big damage. Just look at how devastating the Khenaten Flu, and the Thrassian plague before that.

I remember doing Skyrim's quest for Peryite and just feeling very aghast at how nonchalant the NPC's were about the whole thing. My characters probably did that quest just to make sure every one of them died so as to not risk the rest of the world getting infected, rather than to help Peryite or his followers.

Options
  • Reckquiem
    Reckquiem
    ✭✭
    Jyggalag I feel just for the fact that it took all the Daedric Princes to contain him and even then Sheogorath is still a pretty powerful Daedric Prince. His battle with Hircine and his champion and all he used was a tiny bird to battle against Hircine's Were beast and beat him by outwitting him.
    Options
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    I really do think Peryite could do some pretty big damage. Just look at how devastating the Khenaten Flu, and the Thrassian plague before that.

I remember doing Skyrim's quest for Peryite and just feeling very aghast at how nonchalant the NPC's were about the whole thing. My characters probably did that quest just to make sure every one of them died so as to not risk the rest of the world getting infected, rather than to help Peryite or his followers.

Yes,
    But death is an illusion.
    Take the fear of death away from mortals and what power has he?
    Options
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Clearly Zenimax is the most powerful Daedric Prince

7NPdi.gif
    Options
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes,

He could curse you to live with a plague that doesn't kill you but ultimately cripples you until you're nothing but a half-paralyzed torso, crawling everywhere at a pace that's slower than a mudcrab for starters.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Options
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes,

He could curse you to live with a plague that doesn't kill you but ultimately cripples you until you're nothing but a half-paralyzed torso, crawling everywhere at a pace that's slower than a mudcrab for starters.

lqib6.jpg
    Options
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes,

lqib6.jpg

(you get an awesome for that img)
    I mean, everyone thinks Peryite to be the weakest Prince, but if you actually thought about it, if he took the time away from managing every single Daedric realm, and just created the ultimate super-virus that not even the Argonians could resist, he'd be pretty feared.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meridia. Shes formerly a Magna Ge and so did not lose her power the way the Aedra did. She was removed from her place in Aetherius after she supposedly consorted with Daedra.

Theres evidence of this here in ESO. She is able to insert and maintain a portion of her own realm in Molag Bals, a notoriously powerful Daedra, as well as being able to engage him in his own realm during the final battle.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Chris clearly Hermaeus Mora, knowledge counters everything thus knowledge is the strongest power one can grasp.
    Options
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 12:56AM
    Options
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Meridia

400px-ESO_Meridia.jpg

Any particular reason?
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on your definition of "Strong"
    Nocturnal is the Ur-Dra for her plane is the closest to that of the Void and commands a lot of respect from most of the other Princes as a result and that's a tall order considering that they're all God like beings. She's influential and that's a very powerful thing in the right hands.

Physical Strength, I'd say a toss up between Molag Bal and Boethiah.
    While I won't argue that Mehrunes and Malacath are both powerful in their own rights, Malacath was already bested by Boethiah (while he was Trinimac) and Mehrunes, at least according to Nordic Lore, is about on par with Alduin, if not weaker, since Alduin was the one to "create" Mehrunes (again according to Nordic Lore). Boethiah has a similar field of influence to Mephala; Lies, Deceit, betrayal, etc. EXCEPT Boethiah is also a Warrior that has precedence as a fighter so I'd put her ahead of most of the other Prince in Physical Power. Molag Bal also, for all his power has only ever acknowledged Boethiah as his direct rival, despite Meredia being a threat to Molag Bal as well but he doesn't seem as concerned about her as he is with Boethiah.

A case could be made for Jyagglag since it took all the princes to curse him with madness but there's not much more to go on. He was expanding his realm into theirs so it might have just been retaliation and not so much that he was stronger than them. We have no way of knowing for sure.

Intellectually, Hermaeus Mora is probably the most intelligent, academically, of the Princes but Sheogorath is probably more quick witted.
    Argonian forever
    Options