Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

need a few more questions

• khornelord
    oops more one q? (hahaha sorry)

ebchants as a templar magic...what are the best?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For weapons, whatever you want right now. Absorb magicka if you need a little help with sustain, otherwise pick something damaging like shock.

For jewelry, magicka regen unless you are comfortable with the amount of sustain you have through recovery, then use Increase Magicka Harm for more spell damage.

For armor, health gylphs only if you are feeling squishy, otherwise you want as much magicka as you can get. Generally speaking for end-game group content you'll want around 18k health, but for now go with a level of health you feel comfortable with.
  • khornelord
    question...what are the best enchants with a magic templar guy?
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varanis already answered that question. On the weapons I usually put Increase Spell Damage, Shock Damage or Flame Damage. Shock Damage is especially useful since it has a high chance to proc Concussed.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • khornelord
    ok VaranisArano....the great helper!

one...best way do used enchants with mag/temp?

two...i had help to kill that sorc marra'var. i couldnt...dying in 2-3 secs again. now a guildie helps me at hit killed the sorc in 2-3 hits. yes he is maxed, but i THOUGHT that bosses would drop down to my level. i hit and hit and hit etc for 5% maybe

again...it this game just fricking hard untell to get pass 50? i KNOW how to play games (again, wow, swtor etc) but i never get killed until eso this often
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For enchantments: Guide to enchanting http://tamrieljournal.com/crafting-and-professions/enchanting/

My recommendations:
    For weapons, whatever you want right now. Absorb magicka if you need a little help with sustain, otherwise pick something damaging like shock.

For jewelry, magicka regen unless you are comfortable with the amount of sustain you have through recovery, then use Increase Magicka Harm for more spell damage.

For armor, health gylphs only if you are feeling squishy, otherwise you want as much magicka as you can get. Generally speaking for end-game group content you'll want around 18k health, but for now go with a level of health you feel comfortable with.

As for bosses, they don't scale down to your level, you are scaled up to theirs. You'll get better benefits from having gear and weapons that are close to your level. Yes, dealing with bosses can be really hard until you get Champion Points after Level 50, simply because CP starts to add more effective damage and sustain. My leveling no CP magwarden often died around 2 times on most boss battles too.

One thing you could try would be to level as a healer. To do that, you'd need a restoration staff and to use the Dungeon group finder to queue for dungeons. I'd recommend starting with the early ones to learn the ropes. There as a healer, your main concern is just keeping the group healed while the tank holds aggro and the DPS do the work of killing things.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using a shield now? As a magicka char, especially a Templar, I don't really see why you should be dying that quickly. You have a strong shield and the strongest single-target (well, two targets) heal in the game (Breath of Life). Scaling in this game works really well since One Tamriel.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • khornelord
    loc2262 not sure where theshiled is...i looks through light armour stuff but....
  • khornelord
    oops the shield
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the active skill in the Light Armor skill line, called "Annulment" -> "Dampen Magic" / "Harness Magicka".
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • khornelord
    ok at 38 now with a set of seducer. i want to make should that i am doing a 'rotation' correctly

i start with a WoE...for 8 secs before i do it again
    puncturing Sweeps is an excellent choice. ...use it all the time
    force pulse
    repentance as i need healing
    extra?

solar prison
    annulment iv? shield thingie?
    want happens is that i am running out of magic. So, dumb question #459992.12a

i use woe...wait until the spell is done, the punt...wait again? i think i am shooting to fast (damn viagria) or single shot/longer shot?

Thanks again!
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the skills and rotation of Alcast's Magplar build at the moment, works good for me. https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-templar-build-pve/

You can use Sweeps instead of Force Pulse if you like, but you have to be in melee range for that. For healing, you can also use Breath of Life, it's stronger than Repentance and not dependent on corpses, but costs quite some magicka.

If you run out of magicka, or rather shortly before, do heavy attacks and pop a potion. Do the latter once you drop below 50% magicka, since in addition to a fixed amount, your magicka recovery is increased.
    Edited by Loc2262 on January 18, 2018 3:42PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • khornelord
    waaaay from the normal questions...

quickslot in a PITA...how the heck to i use it? (PS4) i have a bunch on my qs...but i need to use d pad, then lrot, then on a friday with the moon up etc.

help me God!
  • khornelord
    lpad sorry
  • khornelord
    hey guys...new one

i have a champion now! now i need to figure out the new champ points....grrr
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast includes CP allocation suggestions in his builds, usually both for max CP and 300 CP.

Don't worry too much about allocating them "properly" for now. You can reallocate them at any point, and early on they don't have such a big influence on your overall performance. It gets interesting when you reach around 200-300. Until then, familiarize yourself with the available stars and compare them with build suggestions, so you're ready to make your builds proper when the time comes.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP