The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Refunding bought DLCs because of Eso+ Idea

Avrael
Avrael
✭✭✭✭
Asked the Support about this, they couldnt do anything for me, but told me i should make a forum thread about it with this idea, so here i am.

Ok, heres the Situation: If you use Eso+, you get access all DLCs for that duration. For me, Eso+ was only worth getting since they released the crafting bag. My problem, i bought almost every DLC before this, and because i use Eso+ now all the time, im sitting on a huge waste of money from buying all the DLCs.

My suggestion: Let us return/refund the DLCs we purchased, for anything at all. Giving us the money back would be unrealistic tho, so i wont even suggest that.
But you could give us for instance 2 things, either Eso+ Time (maybe 1 month, or even 1 week per DLC or something like that), or Crowns. I personally would rather have a few crowns for cosmetics, then sit on completley wasted DLCs.

And im sure im not the only one who sits on many DLCs that we never needed to buy. Ofc you could say "You didnt need to buy them, you should have just used Eso+ since the beginning.", but thats not realistic. If you used Eso+ before the crafting bag came out, you probably just wanted to support the game, or didnt make the mistake to buy all DLCs. There was nothing in Eso+ worth keeping the abo until the crafting bag. Again, except DLCs if you didnt have them already.

So i really hope someone from the team will read this and maybe consider it. I know a lot of people will be against this and say "Well, your fault. Should have looked into the future." and stuff like that, but those people do not have this problem. They probably dont have money issues at all and can throw it around like confetti. I cant do that. I have to try to recover everything i compleltey WASTED at least somewhat. And not only for me, but for all players who have the same issue. Team, please think about it.
"I mustache you a question."
"Well shave it for later."
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have eso+ and I plan to always have eso+.
    Still bought all the DLC. Why? Because, if there's ever a day when I don't have it, I still have access to the entire game.
    Don't look at it like wasted money, look at it as an investment, or insurance.
    And honestly, you kind of have to look at it in that light, because you're not going to get your money reimbursed....especially if they've already told you no. I don't see a forum post changing thier mind.
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think anyone deserves a refund for any purchased content in this scenario. Next time, purchase or subscribe more wisely.
    Edited by nathan_bri on January 19, 2018 8:27PM
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Snip] This kind of system has been around ever since ESO Plus officially came out, so you have noone to blame but your own ignorance. No, you shouldn't get a refund, and yes, by having an active ESO Plus subscription you'll get free crows that will eventually give you back the spent ones.
    [Edit for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_MattL on January 19, 2018 9:17PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    I have eso+ and I plan to always have eso+.
    Still bought all the DLC. Why? Because, if there's ever a day when I don't have it, I still have access to the entire game.

Exactly my thoughts. You never know when you might need to shave one of your bills off your budget and this one ends up being the one.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you look at their history, they will not do anything that involves giving money back, or not seeming at all generous.

the loot back free giveaway isn't designed as a freebie if anyone goes there, its a hook trying to get you to buy more loot boxes. A gambling lure so to speak.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been said lots of times that the craft bag is the main reason people subscribe.The game suits three kinds of players long-term;

1) eso+ all the way. Enjoy craft bag and all dlc until you unsubscribe and quit the game.
    2) Buy DLC and don't craft. You'll have the game forever for the lowest price, but you won't find it easy to get consumables.
    3) Buy DLC and (endlessly) manage inventory with mules, guild banks and occasional eso+ subscriptions to fill craft bag.

Swapping between playstyles isn't easy.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avrael wrote: »
    Asked the Support about this, they couldnt do anything for me, but told me i should make a forum thread about it with this idea, so here i am.

Ok, heres the Situation: If you use Eso+, you get access all DLCs for that duration. For me, Eso+ was only worth getting since they released the crafting bag. My problem, i bought almost every DLC before this, and because i use Eso+ now all the time, im sitting on a huge waste of money from buying all the DLCs.

My suggestion: Let us return/refund the DLCs we purchased, for anything at all. Giving us the money back would be unrealistic tho, so i wont even suggest that.
    But you could give us for instance 2 things, either Eso+ Time (maybe 1 month, or even 1 week per DLC or something like that), or Crowns. I personally would rather have a few crowns for cosmetics, then sit on completley wasted DLCs.

And im sure im not the only one who sits on many DLCs that we never needed to buy. Ofc you could say "You didnt need to buy them, you should have just used Eso+ since the beginning.", but thats not realistic. If you used Eso+ before the crafting bag came out, you probably just wanted to support the game, or didnt make the mistake to buy all DLCs. There was nothing in Eso+ worth keeping the abo until the crafting bag. Again, except DLCs if you didnt have them already.

So i really hope someone from the team will read this and maybe consider it. I know a lot of people will be against this and say "Well, your fault. Should have looked into the future." and stuff like that, but those people do not have this problem. They probably dont have money issues at all and can throw it around like confetti. I cant do that. I have to try to recover everything i compleltey WASTED at least somewhat. And not only for me, but for all players who have the same issue. Team, please think about it.

Then stop using ESO+ and just buy all the DLC's if it's better value for you. No one is stopping you from cancelling your ESO+.

Ahhh, but you like that craft bag I bet, don't you. Essentially that is what you are paying for with ESO+, but that doesn't entitle you to a cash refund or crowns for all the other complimentary things you get, just because you don't need them or want them.

I am essentially in the same category as you are. I use ESO+ only for the craft bag. It's that good (the double storage space all over the place is pretty good too). Now if they were to give me more free stuff I wouldn't complain, but I also wouldn't be asking for it since obviously my actions tell them that the value I am receiving is more than worth it for me.
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    nathan_bri wrote: »
    Next time, purchase or subscribe more wisely.

Sadly exactly the reaction i expected. "Better look into the future next time. Better know that they change their abo before they do, duh."
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    especially if they've already told you no. I don't see a forum post changing thier mind.

Well maybe, but THEY told me to write in the forum with this idea, because the team will see it here, so i did.
    I know how unrealistic this is, but getting weapon coloring was unrealistic too after all these years, and it comes with the next update. If theres even 1% Chance for something, its worth trying for me. I was one of few people that wrote about weapon coloring again and again and again, and now we finally get it. I dont know if they finally were annoyed by us, or just did it on their own and didnt even saw a single thread we made about it, but doesnt matter now anyways. Just wanted to say, just because something has almost 0% chance, its not completley 0%.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You purchased the DLC? Good for you. If you ever let your ESO+ subscription lapse, guess what? You can still play the DLC content. For those that have ESO+ and do not buy the DLC content, if they cancel their ESO+ subscription, half the game goes away for them.

Working as intended.
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but they changed the benefits of the Eso+ Subscription so drastically, that it went from pretty much "Not worth even thinking about" to "Almost absolutley necessary if you are an active player and crafter". The crafting bag is the single reason most people use Eso+ now. If this bag would have been already there when i started the game, i would have never ever bought a single DLC, because Eso+ has them implemented and i would have already known that i will keep this abo as long as i play. Again, that simply wasnt the case back then. And not only for me. At least i could not imagine that im the ONLY person with this problem now. That would be very weird.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with @jabrone77
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF you bought the collector's edition of a DLC, I don't think you should get a refund. They come with a mount and pet and it would be too much of a hassle for support to remove those.

What if you bought a DLC on sale during an anniversary? Can ZOS keep track of that? That would also be a problem.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    IF you bought the collector's edition of a DLC, I don't think you should get a refund. They come with a mount and pet and it would be too much of a hassle for support to remove those.

What if you bought a DLC on sale during an anniversary? Can ZOS keep track of that? That would also be a problem.
    Agree with the above, and also, who’s to say people who do this are going to keep ESO+ more than a month? Are we going to have people trade back DLC’s, subscribing for a month, cancelling the sub, buying back one of the DLC’s, trying to trade it back in to subscribe another month, and so on?

I’d rather see the support people spend their time handling support issues.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No sir

You have buyers remorse AND please remember

You didn’t pay for the DLC you paid for the crowns, you spent crowns on the DLC full knowing you purchased eso plus for a non-purchase able item

Perhaps you should consider those of us who are asking for features to be sold with dlc instead of locked behind a subscription

OR

Ask yourself why did you buy eso plus.....the crafting bag obviously wasn’t worth it as you want your money back for the dlc.......see what i did there?
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 19, 2018 9:05PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    So, I go to my local shoe store and buy a pair of shoes today and wear and enjoy them for 6 months. I then go back and buy another pair of shoes, should I expect a refund since now I don't *technically* need the old shoes? NO? Of course not, cause I already got my use and enjoyment out of the first pair.

It's the same with this. You purchased the DLCs, used and enjoyed the content, and later decided to sub. Now that you are subbed you don't need the purchased DLCs, but that doesn't mean you should get refunded for them. You still had access and use of the product for the time you were not subbed, and will again in the event you decide to unsub.
    PC NA
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started subscribing four months ago... After being with ESO since launch. My philosophy behind buying DLCs was always to be able to go everywhere I want in Tamriel whether I subscribe or not. So I get where you are coming from OP. But imagine if you ever run out of your subscription you will still be able to partake in the majority of the game.

I also bought Clockwork City even though I was ESO plus already...
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer 2 ESO+ Options.

$14.99 Full Access
    $7.99 Without DLC and 750 Crowns
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played from console launch until 1T nearly every day. I was a sub for much of that. Last winter I decided I was too obsessed and needed a break. I though it would be a short break so I kept my subscription. After three or four months of not logging in, I decided to cancel my eso+ and did not think I was going to come back. Last July I caught the bug again and returned. I had no sub but a little over 10k crowns and bought the DLC pack because I wanted access to Wrothgar and the guild dlcs. After playing unsubbed for about three weeks, I could not believe how much I missed full use of my crafting bag and renewed my subscription. So I own four dlcs and pay for my sub. I don't think I want to give up my dlcs, not even for a full refund of the crowns.

Maybe the 20 house pack...

No, I don't regret buying the dlcs.
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chicharron wrote: »

I prefer 2 ESO+ Options.

$14.99 Full Access

Thats the best idea ive heard so far. And much better then mine, can admit that. Still far from realistic sadly (at least for Zenimax), but noone else contributed another idea to the problem until now.

Oh, and a quick update. I got a new 90 Day Eso+ sub and bought all DLCs i didnt have now. If i cant "get rid" of the ones i have, i go full completionist. Wanted Eso+ anyways again because im active again with the next update, and crowns are good for not much else. So i take @jabrone77 s advice and maybe start looking at it in another light. Now i have all DLCs anyways, cant change that anymore, have to roll with it, so i roll with it.

I could close this thread now already... but i still want to hear what people think of @Chicharron s Idea. You can ignore my first post if you want. I was extremly impulsive and just had hopes to get anything out of it. Hopes are dead for good now, at least for my idea.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chicharron wrote: »

I prefer 2 ESO+ Options.

$14.99 Full Access

Makes them less money and means there are less people in the pool for the new dungeons. Not going to happen.

The key with ZOS is not to think of what would be more convenient for the customer, but instead what is more profitable for the company.