The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Drifting movement / camera

Docmandu
Docmandu
✭✭✭✭✭
v2.3.4 for some reason my camera frequently drifts / rotates even when I'm not using any keys / mouse movement. ie. if I run in a straight line, then turn with my keys, release the keys and my character / view / camera keeps on slowly turning as if it forgot what the reset position is.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOTE: only with the 64-bit client, 32-bit client seems to work fine. This is on win10.

rounding / precision error?!
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have high DPI enabled in Windows? Try shift+right clicking the ESO.exe or ESO64.exe, open the properties and under the compatibility tab disable high DPI.
    Edited by daemonios on March 1, 2016 6:07PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Do you have high DPI enabled in Windows? Try shift+right clicking the ESO.exe or ESO64.exe, open the properties and under the compatibility tab disable high DPI.

Nice catch... seems to fix the issue. Noticed also that the eso.exe had that setting already set (don't recall ever fixing that myself). Anyway, wasn't set on the eso64.exe binary, after selecting it and restarting, it now works as it should.

Edited by Docmandu on March 1, 2016 6:23PM
  • Mercury_1967
    Mercury_1967
    Soul Shriven
    Unfortunately this didn't fix my camera drifting.

I tried unchecking the DPI override and all three settings with that checked (Application, System, System (Enhanced)) and none of them stopped the drifting.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately this didn't fix my camera drifting.

I tried unchecking the DPI override and all three settings with that checked (Application, System, System (Enhanced)) and none of them stopped the drifting.

@Mercury_1967

Few things to try:

If its a wireless mouse, change the batteries, goofy things can happen when the batteries run low.
    Turn the mouse over and make sure no dust bunnies have crawled into the part where the lazer is.
    Try a different mouse if you can, wired is preferred
    Turn off any helper applications for the Mouse
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well old thread but might aswell post about it too. This issue is happening for last month at least. It is very rare and is definitely not related to mouse HW or SW (i literally changed mouse during this time)