Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Continued use of body morphing in costumes is not nice

Recremen
Recremen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The two new (quite gorgeous) Argonian costumes are bringing back the same weirdness that the Bosmer costumes gave us. Specifically, morphing our characters' bodies for inexplicable reasons. These skirts are adding a thigh gap to my character where none existed before, visibly shaving off pounds of inner thigh muscle. Furhter, something... weird seems to be happening in the chest and stomach area. It's much more subtle, but between the two costumes at least one of them is doing something that alters the fur pattern, and possibly the upper body geometry overall. It's still mostly untouched, as the arms and shoulders seem fine, but there is a thing going on and I don't like it.

Normal Legs

PY5G6Cv.jpg

Costume 1

hIHdP9F.jpg

Costume 2

Hq4CHeu.jpg
Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely messes around with the waist area. I suspect there isn't a male version of this so the female body is being substituted. Not worried though as I will only be using these on my female characters.
    Edited by Arizona_Steve on January 18, 2018 9:56PM
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely messes around with the waist area. I suspect there isn't a male version of this so the female body is being substituted. Not worried though as I will only be using these on my female characters.

I can't be sure but I have the strongest feeling that's not how this works. If it were using a female body, then why are all the other body parts the same? This seems more like some other intentional effect, my feedback to which is basically "please don't".
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nopy, its actualy the oposite. distortion on males wearing it is pretty minimal. on female characters on the other hand. YIKES.
    26733955_1515031078610090_1238172550846073528_n.jpg?oh=a087a3e9c6dc21bf79ff32c21397ef24&oe=5AE0AAC7

the egg sister outfit is mostly just added thigh gap, but this one is.. scary. there is a thread in crown shop forum about it, btw, but honestly I hope they keep this one here, cause not a lot of people seem to go anywhere other then general.
    Edited by Linaleah on January 18, 2018 10:03PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

nopy, its actualy the oposite. distortion on males wearing it is pretty minimal. on female characters on the other hand. YIKES.
    26733955_1515031078610090_1238172550846073528_n.jpg?oh=a087a3e9c6dc21bf79ff32c21397ef24&oe=5AE0AAC7

the egg sister outfit is mostly just added thigh gap, but this one is.. scary. there is a thread in crown shop forum about it, btw, but honestly I hope they keep this one here, cause not a lot of people seem to go anywhere other then general.

I trust you, but I have no idea what's wrong with this picture. Do you have a different outfit for comparison? Is it the giant divot in the waist?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

I trust you, but I have no idea what's wrong with this picture. Do you have a different outfit for comparison? Is it the giant divot in the waist?

The thighs are shrunken.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The thighs are shrunken.

Yeah I tracked down the original post. Good lord.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The word insignificant comes to mind here.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

Two words come to mind here. The second one is "off".
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do males have same version as female? Just saying would look nicer without top for males :*
    Edited by Tasear on January 18, 2018 10:29PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Why do males have same version as female? Just saying would look nicer without top for males :*

Maybe options like that will come with the second part of the Outfit system, who knows.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the word "they are charging us actual money for this" comes to mind.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Maybe options like that will come with the second part of the Outfit system, who knows.

I really hope so. It's really not that difficult to just remove the 'bra' tops for the guys. At least one of the Redguard dancer outfits was actually put on some male dancer NPC's without the top part. I'd love to use them on my males, but not with 'bra' tops! :D
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one does not understand, why would does the designer try to slim down the ladies... bigger the better as far as this one is concerned B)
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually noticed this with SEVERAL costumes. My woodelf looks like she is anorexic in some, even tho i gave her a pretty wide waist like mine : shrug :
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »

I really hope so. It's really not that difficult to just remove the 'bra' tops for the guys. At least one of the Redguard dancer outfits was actually put on some male dancer NPC's without the top part. I'd love to use them on my males, but not with 'bra' tops! :D

I don't mind the bra tops but yeah we have been socially conditioned to associate that cut with breasts, even though it's aesthetically indistinguishable on guys with large chests. Still, I'd love to have the option.

On the other hand, there are actually some dress options where the top is amazing and I'm less pleased with the dress part of it. The High-Collared Coin Ball Gown comes to mind. Absolutely stunning top that looks great on my main, really bushy bottom that I would totally trade out for something lighter-looking, or even some nice loose pants.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • wsmith97ub17_ESO
    wsmith97ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wow ok, i thought there was a real issue here wtf. 1st world problems i suppose.
    It is the mind, that is the mind, confusing the mind. Do not leave the mind, oh mind, to the mind.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Less than insignificant.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Mielikki
    Mielikki
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed!

rN2O7UQ.png

There are many old costumes that present the same annoying visual glitch. Most costumes create a thigh gap that my character does not have.

4VhynbL.jpg

I have used photoshop to make it look as it should:

HXUMJia.png

And finally, this oldie could use some love:

sJFs12Z.jpg

The waist distortion is extreme, and my character is not even that thin, she's on the center of the body slide. Skinnier characters look even more ridiculous.

Edited by Mielikki on January 19, 2018 7:09PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mielikki Good gods, that's awful!! That is exactly the kind of stuff we need addressed with these costumes.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • boyteco_ESO
    boyteco_ESO
    ✭✭
    Don't wear ugly a$$ costumes. Problem solved! You may thank me now.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally can't see any difference whatsoever, even in the one comparing them side-by-side.

Have you people really run out of worthwhile things to complain about?

Or maybe you guys can only tell the difference because you made female characters specifically to stare at their ass as much as possible?
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on January 19, 2018 5:44PM
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant tell any difference, they look the same to me
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The egg costume with the flap shaves off some flesh from the outer right thigh.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't understand how people cannot see the difference. its in your face glaring. (as for the dress, I just tell myself that my girls are wearing extremely tight waist trainer corsets :P but yeah, it would be nice if their bodies actualy looked like their bodies).

and honestly? /pointed look

its not about "staring at a female ass all day" its about you know paying attention to details and I don't know, not being artistically blind?
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't understand how people cannot see the difference. its in your face glaring. (as for the dress, I just tell myself that my girls are wearing extremely tight waist trainer corsets :P but yeah, it would be nice if their bodies actualy looked like their bodies).

its not about "staring at a female ass all day" its about you know paying attention to details and I don't know, not being artistically blind?

@Linaleah

As the OP, it's actually unsurprising and expected that some people won't be able to see the difference. Much like how different people have different capacity for color perception due to anatomical differences in the eye, some folks have different capacity for perceiving geometric features. It's completely natural and nothing we should get bent out of shape over.

And then, of course, there are the trolls. Can't do anything about that except thank them for bumping this Very Important Thread back up to the top. ;)
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #firstworldproblems
    LasertoothGM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity Xbox/NA
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Linaleah

As the OP, it's actually unsurprising and expected that some people won't be able to see the difference. Much like how different people have different capacity for color perception due to anatomical differences in the eye, some folks have different capacity for perceiving geometric features. It's completely natural and nothing we should get bent out of shape over.

And then, of course, there are the trolls. Can't do anything about that except thank them for bumping this Very Important Thread back up to the top. ;)

well... ok, yeah, its the dismissiveness and implied derision that kinda annoyed me, but you are right. not everyone has the same eye (I do usually do very well to perfect on those geometric awareness/spot the different color tests). but you are right. thank you for bumping the thread, folks :P
    dirty worthless casual.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with other comments... WHY ZOS cannot remove the 'top' portion for men I don't know... they ADD the 'top' for women on costumes such as Dark Shaman... so why can't they simply remove them for men?!?
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the noble dress or whatever it's called (half-hearted) defense, I believe the intended effect is to look like you have a corset on underneath. It's definitely exaggerated and could be made more realistic, but I think that was deliberate from a design perspective as well as a model perspective.

The distorted thighs on the other costumes, in addition to the good old certain male costumes ending up grossly distorted on female characters (hello Divayth Fyr, would you like your thunder thigh plates back?) are a different issue, and I sure hope they get around to fixing them one of these days. ) :
    Edited by rhapsodious on January 19, 2018 6:59PM
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Those differences are.. wow. D:

Thanks for posting here, I haven't been to the crown store forum for a while and didn't see this. A lot of the "female" costumes don't suit my butch Dunmer, and now I'm wondering how many of those have mesh changes that I wasn't totally aware of - just that they were "off" enough to be off-putting. Something to think about, for sure.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account