Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

moved

DoctorESO
DoctorESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
moved
Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 11:33PM
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people don't play regularly enough to reap the full benefits of having ESO+. I play every day, but most of my friends either don't log in enough or have no income to even get it in the first place.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait! What? Double transmutation crystals? So that means if I open a geode and get one crystal, without ESO+ I would have gotten 0 crystals?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:44PM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Wait! What? Double transmutation crystals? So that means if I open a geode and get one crystal, without ESO+ I would have gotten 0 crystals?

You can hold up to 200 crystals at a time instead of 100.

Oh! I misunderstood that! :blush:
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because I am not actively playing the game right now.

Once I start playing more frequently then I'll renew ESO+
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:44PM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been subscribed since day one, got no complaints.

ymmv, ofc.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, find it really sad that people play the game without the subscription.

Not only are they missing out, but they're also enjoying a way worse experience. Craft bag is hardly optional.
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know.
    Definitely worth it tho.
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had eso plus for over a year . I decided to drop my sub once the whole unplayable pvp month happened . While I have no problem paying for it , it’s hard to support a company with a sub each month that constantly has issues with the game .
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But... how much money can I save a week by farming awesomes?
    Edited by Acrolas on January 20, 2018 7:51PM
    signing off
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares what people do or don't do with their money?
  • Turbotailz
    Turbotailz
    ✭✭
    Subscribe isn't for everyone even if they're into it or not.
    Friend: This one has a cool joke to tell. Want to hear?
    Me: Sure okay.
    Friend: What can a frozen band-aid be applied on?
    Me: This one don't know. Tell me.
    Friend: A cold cut. Get it?? hehehe
    Me:.... *activates Grim Focus!*
    Friend: No wait! it's a joke! please!
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us are broke peoples that probably shouldn't even be playing in the first place.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My immediate thought goes to time, or money. One reason I let mine fall off from time to time is boredom, I have game ADD. I like to bounce around between many games, mostly because I get burned out playing a single game. I was gone from here for a while playing GW2. At this point, I'm tired of grinding gold to spend on nothing (zero goals in that game is a killer). Right now, I'm playing ESO and FF14, but once Tera comes out for consoles, I'll be on that for a while, and eventually bless is going to release. It helps to keep from quitting games entirely.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand money issues, I have been broke in my life. More than once. It happens sometimes trying to get businesses going. I have been the starving college student, I have been laid off. People have to prioritize and kids/spouse/family come first.

However for those who have a discretionary entertainment budget, meaning media and/or any fun or meaningful activity outside the house that costs money, and you like playing the game, its $15.

That is lunch for one person in most cities, a movie, maybe with some sketchy popcorn, 1/10th the cost of a decent seat at a major sporting event, OK, a seat at a minor league setting. You can see where I am going, in the scheme of things, this is cheap entertainment.

And the game is better with the sub.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If any particular player doesn't feel the ESO+ benefits are worth it, they likely won't subscribe. Casuals and those that play less than once a week may fall into this category. It's of great benefit to ZOS to keep these players coming back over and over even if they don't sub because any given time they come back, maybe they'll hit up the crown store for something that does appeal to them.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO Plus membership gives you all of this:
    • Access to all DLC game packs in the in-game Crown Store - worthwhile bonus no. 3
    • Free crowns for the in-game Crown Store (1,500 per month) - don't buy shiny cosmetic things
    • Access to the Craft Bag (hold unlimited crafting materials, and all picked up materials go straight to the bag) - worthwhile bonus no. 1
    • Double bank space - worthwhile bonus no. 2
    • Bonuses to progression - have been over the cap since a week after VR were removed.
    • Extra furniture space - don't decorate my 43+ houses anyway
    • Costume dyeing - don't dye costumes
    • Double the maximum number of Transmutation Crystals you can have in your inventory - why is there a limit anyway?

And it only costs $15/month. Chances are, if you're reading this, research shows you can actually save up to $15 per week by doing the following:
    1. Making your own coffee - have not bought take out coffee in years
    2. Bringing your own drinks - only drink free coffee and tap water at work.
    3. Using your library - don't read books (I play ESO instead)
    4. Buying generic-label grocery items - no - got to draw the line somewhere!!!
    5. Switching off lights when not in use - us oldies were taught to do this when growing up and still do
    6. Watching movies from home - been marred 20 years, this goes without saying
    7. Sticking to your shopping list - wife crosses each item off as it goes in the shopping trolley!!
    8. Lowering/raising your thermostat when you're not home - see lighting comment - if you are cold, put a sweater on!!

The bottom line is that being an ESO Plus member will greatly increase your enjoyment, and if you regularly buy crowns, you're losing out.

See my comments in italics - long term players get very little benefit from ESO+ - each person has to assess it's value for themselves. But yes, I am a subscriber.
    Edited by disintegr8 on January 19, 2018 2:43AM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Plus membership gives you all of this:
    • Access to all DLC game packs in the in-game Crown Store
    • Free crowns for the in-game Crown Store (1,500 per month)
    • Access to the Craft Bag (hold unlimited crafting materials, and all picked up materials go straight to the bag)
    • Double bank space
    • Bonuses to progression
    • Extra furniture space
    • Costume dyeing
    • Double the maximum number of Transmutation Crystals you can have in your inventory

And it only costs $15/month. Chances are, if you're reading this, research shows you can actually save up to $15 per week by doing the following:
      [*] Making your own coffee
      I'm doing my coffee already and it costs me 50 cents a cup. Sub Vs coffee in my case - coffee wins
        [*] Bringing your own drinks
        A party?? Where? - just send me the address - make sure there is a free LAN socket as I like playing wired.
          [*] Using your library
          Oh man, it this game or the library - no time for both - maybe if ZOS lower the grind needs a little bit --- maybe...
            [*] Buying generic-label grocery items
            Oh well - no drinks then - at least make sure there is a free LAN socket over there.
              [*] Switching off lights when not in use
              You mean my neighbors lights as well? Not sure they will agree to pay me the saved energy - but I'm sure I can collect $15 worth of energy if only they would be willing to pay me.
                [*] Watching movies from home5
                It is movies or this game --- didn't' I just say that - I have a weird feeling that I've just said that.
                  [*] Sticking to your shopping list
                  -Alright, Alright! - no drinks it is...
                    [*] Lowering/raising your thermostat when you're not home
                    Deal! But bro you make sure you have a free LAN socket out there!

• xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
                    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
                    ✭✭✭✭✭
                    ✭✭
                    here is 1 reason alone that makes everything else be a bonus... CRAFT BAGS!
                  • AcadianPaladin
                    AcadianPaladin
                    ✭✭✭✭✭
                    ✭✭✭✭✭
                    I like to focus on one game and make it my character's 'home' for years at a time. Currently, I only play ESO and basically play it every day. For me the sub is therefore a very good value and no brainer choice.

However, for folks that spread their play time over many games at once, the sub may well not make sense depending on their finances.
                    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
                  • Runefang
                    Runefang
                    ✭✭✭✭✭
                    ✭✭
                    Double bank space and craft bag. Nuff said.
                  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
                    WhiteCoatSyndrome
                    ✭✭✭✭✭
                    ✭✭✭✭
                    I cancelled my sub in protest of the Crown Crates. Thus far I have been able to manage.

Also, minor point: the Crowns aren't free if you have to pay a fee to get them.

Craft bag is a useful perk though.
                    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
                    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
                    A useful explanation for how RNG works
                  • N00BxV1
                    N00BxV1
                    ✭✭✭✭✭
                    I've been paying for ESO+ since returning to the game almost a year ago. I pay for it mostly for the craft bag, the other perks I could do without since I have also purchased all DLC. In my opinion the craft bag (at least limited) should be a part of the base game if they insist on so many tiers of crafting materials to keep up with, I'm sure they could come up with something else to offer subscribers.

They label the game as B2P but there is also a lot F2P cash-grabs thrown in. I enjoy the game and all but I also get irked daily by some of the greediness. Kinda reminds me of that girlfriend that you keep spending money on but she just refuses to put-out - she'll eventually get kicked to the curb and you just count your losses.
                  • DoctorESO
                    DoctorESO
                    ✭✭✭✭✭
                    ✭✭
                    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:50PM
                  • Kiralyn2000
                    Kiralyn2000
                    ✭✭✭✭✭
                    ✭✭✭✭✭
                    I'm subbed when I'm playing heavily. When I'm only playing sporadically (got to work on the rest of my backlog sometime ;)), I don't sub.
                    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on January 19, 2018 3:29AM
                  • Ruckly
                    Ruckly
                    ✭✭✭✭
                    Why I don't subscribe is because it makes the game less ESOey. Inventory management is a part of older fashion RPGs. I would rather buy the dlcs and probably will once I hit the CP cap.
                  • Rohamad_Ali
                    Rohamad_Ali
                    ✭✭✭✭✭
                    ✭✭✭✭✭
                    You can buy me eso plus . Just skip coffee .
                  • Rohamad_Ali
                    Rohamad_Ali
                    ✭✭✭✭✭
                    ✭✭✭✭✭
                    In all seriousness , I was about to resub once dragon bones went live . The lag is so horrendous in PVP (my favorite activity) that I can not justify buying anything under these conditions . It sends the wrong message .
                  • Linaleah
                    Linaleah
                    ✭✭✭✭✭
                    ✭✭✭✭✭
                    1. crowns are complementary, NOT free. yes there is a difference. to get something complementary - you have to buy something first (in this case, subscription), Free is free no purchase required. example of actualy free - previous crown crate event where you had to log in and kill something to qualify regardless of subscription status.
                    2. I will buy food I enjoy - if I have to switch to generics solely to afford subscription, I have bigger problems
                    3. I will absolutely NOT turn down the damn thermostat, I am far too old and too cranky to be uncomfortable in my own home. my comfort in real life is more important to me than video game comforts.

in any case, I personaly subscribe, but I know plenty of people who dislike subscribing on principle. it creates a sense of "now I have to play to justify that fee I paid" they prefer buying things as they go. and you know what? that is their choice and their preference and there is nothing wrong with it.

then there's people who cannot afford subscription (and yes, they have bigger problems than buying generic foodstuffs) gaming happens to be the one luxury they can afford to themselves, at least subscription free playing. poor people, disabled people, all kinds of people deserve to relax too without being guilted or questioned about their subscription status.

do I think subscription is worth it? to me, yes it is. but one of the things I love about this game is that it IS genuinely optional. sure craft bag is amazing, but you can still play without it. crowns and costumes they buy me are lovely, but you can very much enjoy yourself without. subscription offers a lot of perks without being mandatory and that is as it should be.
                    dirty worthless casual.
                    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
                    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"