Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: January 4 @ 6pm EST – Dragon Bones Preview"

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Gina, Jessica and crew for making this happen despite the technical difficulties!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: We've determined that our streaming hardware will need more time to fix, however we want to make this ESO Live show happen for you. We're setting up a webcam and will be going live as soon as possible. Thanks for hanging in there with us, everyone!

I greatly admire the dedication you all showed in making tonight's show happen. I'm sure your day was incredibly long and I, for one, greatly appreciate your efforts. Thank you.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since it wasn't mentioned during the show, will it be possible with the outfit system to make armour pieces invisible? If, for example, I want an to have an outfit without head and shoulders, will that somehow be possible?
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pay your electricity bill that way you avoid using candles. lol
    PC-NA
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    Since it wasn't mentioned during the show, will it be possible with the outfit system to make armour pieces invisible? If, for example, I want an to have an outfit without head and shoulders, will that somehow be possible?

You can already hide helm in the options screen
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed the stream, cheers for finding a solution. A lot of exciting changes on the horizon, looking forward to the PTS next week especially tinkering with the outfit system B)
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks for sticking it through and doing the stream. I appreciate it. @ZOS_GinaBruno , I am elderstrolls on twitch. :) Hope the name made you laugh. I made it just for eso streams. Please let me know what I need to do as I’m not that familiar with twitch.

Edit: I found message and whisper options on twitch, I guess I'll keep an eye out there. Thanks!
    Edited by Eddyble on January 5, 2018 3:38PM
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite technical issues with the live stream the costume system looks amazing!

1. Motifs unlock account wide for costume purposes (in individual books).
    2. Weapons can be styled to look like others of the same type (eg I use a VO dagger and axe) but costume style them into two soulshriven swords.
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure you can make an outfit by not using some of the body pieces.
    There are a lack of costumes and such that are able to show off skins/tattoos well so hopefully that's the case.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, happy new years and thank you guys so much for trying so hard to make that stream happen to us. Much appreciated and imho even tough the quality was not the best - or maybe because it wasn't the best - it turned out to be one of the most fun to watch streams yet.

I do have some things I want to say about the outfit system and housing storage. I"m super happy both of these things finally make it into ESO.

The outfit system is GREAT as it provides much flexibility and being able to quickly switch between outfits.
    However I don't agree with the rather steep gold cost you guys have planned for at this time. I know the game needs more gold sinks but making the price related to the rarity of the style is somewhat of a slap in the face to all of us that spent to much time farming for these rare styles. It was not easy to get some of them and it feels punishing to pay extra hard for spent so much time on it.
    I want to suggest either lowering the price of outfitting all together or finding a different solution for this aspect of the system.

I love that we get storage for our houses but I think this addition will need some quick additions before live to not have a bad after taste. Storage chests being collectables and taking up your collectables slots in your houses is not good. Either create a new category in the furnishing menu for them that has its on amount of items or increase the collectable count allowed in houses currently. Otherwise many of us will have to either get rid of our pets, mounts and other collectables to make space for storage chests or dump all the storage chests in another house that we only use for storage.
    This would be very annoying as many of us would like a centralized home that feels like a real home where I have all my stuff like crafting stations and storage boxes.

I hope you guys see my concerns about the otherwise great additions to the game.
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is there a way to watch this episode now that it's finished?
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremiah87 wrote: »
    I know the game needs more gold sinks but making the price related to the rarity of the style is somewhat of a slap in the face to all of us that spent to much time farming for these rare styles. It was not easy to get some of them and it feels punishing to pay extra hard for spent so much time on it.

100% agree with this comment. It took me forever to find some of these motifs, and having to spend 20k to do an outfit in them (assuming I'm using all rare styles for my outfit) feels very, very steep. It's not something that I could easily afford, and I play ESO often so I feel like I'm a good example of an average player.
    Jeremiah87 wrote: »
    IStorage chests being collectables and taking up your collectables slots in your houses is not good. Either create a new category in the furnishing menu for them that has its on amount of items or increase the collectable count allowed in houses currently.

This. I want to have all of my item storage chests in my main house, but if that means that I have to take down hard-earned trophies, pets, or other collectibles to put them in the house... that seems pretty unfortunate and I will end up making a 'storage inn room'. That would make my main house not feel like my 'main house', and no useful game-play elements have been added to my actual main house. I hope that makes sense.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with the announcement and the new stuff coming. Thanks for the stream, guys!
  • bovardjeff_ESO
    bovardjeff_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @CyberOnEso I admit after mulling it over it really doesnt matter. but the point i made was that as a dual wielder or 2 hander dps your weapon type ( axe mace sword) gave a bonus stat based on the weapon you have equipped. i.e maces ignore 10% of an opponents armor etc.
    Overall ya i guess it doesnt matter
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

for now i'm sorta just hoping this is the right link
    EDIT: it is!
    Edited by swippy on January 5, 2018 4:15AM
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is this the same Fang Lair from Elder Scrolls Arena?
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is this the same Fang Lair from Elder Scrolls Arena?

the guy on the left in the video says it is.
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for this imperfect stream. I had to watch the replay, as it was way past Midnight on my side of the globe. but hey... It was fun to watch and I am looking forward to Monday :)

Next time, you just set up a webcam an hour earlier :wink:

Still a pitty that the Guild tabern is not possible to see as an overlay over the costume.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Is it possible to get the pet dragon, even when I do not purchase the bundle? I am ESO+ so this would not make sense for me to get the bundle in addition.
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    beetleklee wrote: »

I'm sure you can make an outfit by not using some of the body pieces.
    There are a lack of costumes and such that are able to show off skins/tattoos well so hopefully that's the case.

That would be pretty awesome.but I might have seen it in the blurry tv, that the character didn't had a chest piece on.

• swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this imperfect stream. I had to watch the replay, as it was way past Midnight on my side of the globe. but hey... It was fun to watch and I am looking forward to Monday :)

Next time, you just set up a webcam an hour earlier :wink:

Still a pitty that the Guild tabern is not possible to see as an overlay over the costume.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Is it possible to get the pet dragon, even when I do not purchase the bundle? I am ESO+ so this would not make sense for me to get the bundle in addition.

just go inside the dungeon and it'll unlock in your Collection. the Heroic personality doesn't care how you got into the dungeon and it sounds like this works the same.
  • funguy
    funguy
    ✭✭
    Few questions
    1st I know that other players cant interact with items i stored in house chests. But is it possable to let people atleast SEE what inside?? I want to show all my treasures (like purple laundered stolen items thats i collected)

2nd Can i use Costume + Weapon (thats customised via Outfit system)?? Like i want to convert LOOK of my swords to daggers or atleast other motif swords + wear costumes.
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    Can these storage chest we got with Tel Var stones and Vouchers been sold to other players?
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wauw you guys go to great lengths for an difficult and not very understanding audiance, luckily I see nice comments too and if I were you guys I would focus on that.

I love the upcoming updates and I can't wait. Hopefully time flies and I am going to think of what house I want because now we get storage I actually want one :)

• LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    Darkheart wrote: »
    Can these storage chest we got with Tel Var stones and Vouchers been sold to other players?

The chests are collectibles. So I do not think so.

• LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    Wauw you guys go to great lengths for an difficult and not very understanding audiance, luckily I see nice comments too and if I were you guys I would focus on that.

I love the upcoming updates and I can't wait. Hopefully time flies and I am going to think of what house I want because now we get storage I actually want one :)

Isn't it always like that? Some people only can complain.

• Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    psssst, @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , still waiting on the stream prize details. I was hoping to make follow up communication prior to the next stream. Thanks!
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would also like to have them talk about Malevolent Offering. how many people are actually using this skill? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK