Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Activity finder for trials and dragonstar arena for those who just want a pug group

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not for, nor against, though I doubt I'd use it (at least without the ability to put a few more prerequisites in there, other than checking the role you think you can do, or some kind of confirmation of capability.)

If it's for gear (I assume it's for gear), zone chat works about as well and you can expect about as much success. I've seen a few remarkably well coordinated groups before (Troll poison's a buff you want all party members to have, right?).

If you're actually wanting to learn the mechanics, it's still better to go in with at least one experienced member or at least a group that works well together, from experience.

Your best bet is still to seek out a trials guild - heck, trading guilds will do normal runs from time to time. Unless you're willing to trade off the frustration that follows for gear drops that random guy #42 either won't give up or wants to sell before the 2 hour time limit is up, I'm not sure it would see enough use to warrant development time.

At least you'd have 6x the queue chance of four man, I guess?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    I say yes.
    The reality is that if you're not running with your guild, you are pugging anyway. Doing it at the push of a button only adds convince. Saying no because of the difficulty of pugging makes zero sense. I see zone chat asking for normal/vet pugs constantly. It's getting done at the moment in pugs all the time. Adding a button to it isn't going to change that.
    WoW implemented a group finder tool, where a leader could set requirements, like a certain item level or "Must have knowledge of fight", or "first timers..let's see how far we can get". It's a wonderful thing, and one of the only praising things I can say about modern WoW.
    If you say no, because group finder is a buggy mess at times, well, fair point...but maybe adding a trial finder is what's needed for Zos to sort it out, or even work a new system into the game entirely.
    Edited by Kel on January 17, 2018 12:17PM
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please
    That would be such a shitshow, I'd love to see it!
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The next step will be the topic "We need restrictions on finding a group: 800cp+, 5 gold stars in Character Window and achievements from this trial".
    Everything is viable
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Ok, 83% wants it, please consider it ZOS.
    Pc na
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    FakeFox wrote: »
    It would end up being a complete mess. First of all the dungeon finder barely manages four players, so twelve would probably crash the servers. Secondly running trials without a clear leader doesn't work and a dungeon finder group has no real leader, so everyone just does whatever he wants, this kind of works for dungeons but no chance in trials. A lot of players have never done veteran trials, so the chance of getting a group that mostly has no clue what they are doing is high and I bet 95% of groups would disband quickly as they just stay no chance of completion.

Nobody knew dungeons either at the start, look at them now. People learn, that's what they do.

It's more like: Only some can do the dungeons at the beginning, look at them now. ZOS nerfs, that's how most people get their clears.
    Noobplar
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I'd be ok with it if they ignored all the nerf pleas that would most certainly follow. If I were to PUG a vet trial I'd still do it from /zone though.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please
    I had to be brought back into reality. Tried pugging this last night from a call out in an actual Trials guild I’m in...though it was on,y one guy from there and a bunch of others. Lowest CP there was 350ish.

Short story, they didn’t know what they were doing. Narrowly beat the first boss in HelRa, wiped on the second and guess what!? The game glitches out and no one could res. Well, I already have that t shirt so I bailed out.

You’re also nutzzzz if you think you can find just anyone and beat vDSA either. It just ain’t happening.

So anyway, normal fine, Vet no freaking way. They need to raise the floor way way up for pugging Vet Trials to ever be viable imo.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    I think the Craglorn trials were in activity finder at some point but they removed them. Probably too much rage from players. There's one thing having a fake tank in CoA 1 regardless of difficulty settings and quite another having it in HRC :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Tarmika
    Tarmika
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    yes, yes, yes and YES! PLeeeease...

I'm so sick of trying to "lfg" myself a group in any normal trial. Because I don't want to spend all my evening looking at the chat window in hope of finding some group.

Patch Note from 2015: "Removed Trials from the activity type section of the Grouping Tool as it was non-functional." - Why not just leave it for those who want to TRY to do a normal trial with pugs? All the haters who say "Imagine those pugs failing and failing and failing" let them fail! Noone forces you to use this tool. Keep typing "lfg" or w/e you do to miraculously find yourself a GOOD group but let other ppl use a dungeon finder.

And yes, I do have a pve guild and it doesn't help the situation.
    May the Hist guide you
    My twitter
    My DeviantArt
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    No thanks. Because we’ll see a *** load of nerf threads when people from pug groups complain that it’s too hard for uncoordinated pug groups. Like they did with the DLC dungeons. Group finder for normal trials and Dragonstar, yes please, but not vet.
    akl77 wrote: »
    Ok, 83% wants it, please consider it ZOS.

This poll doesn’t even closely reflect the majority of the player base. Only a small amount of players use these forums and a lot less have taken part in your poll so far.

EDIT: Sorry about the necro, I didn’t realise this thread was a week old.
    Edited by MattT1988 on April 10, 2018 8:54AM
  • giinoz2011rwb17_ESO
    Yes please
    Having limited amounts of time that I can be in game and with game crashes etc it needs to be adopted especially with the Witches Festival 2018 having Arena and Trials.

if you can't be online when or if one of your guilds is doing a run and no one in chat comes forward to help. What are your alternatives? Also what if you don't have an area like latest DLC or chapter where everyone in guild is going to to participate in a Trial or Arena? Well your stuffed so this is a good idea.

Forced objectives by game developers that have deliberately failed to make certain tasks unachievable for many players.
    And then provide NO WAY of participating like Dungeon or War groups unless your very lucky.

Or include them in the list of Dungeon groups so you can select which trials you want to participate in and a check box for group roll you want to fill.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cindaxo wrote: »
    I believe 100% that normal trials should have a group finder. Vet though? I don’t know, it depends on how good the pug is. Though nDSA and vDSA should definitely be in there.
    Normals yes its an good idea, nHoF is not very pugable, and can you spesify nCR+0-3?
    vet trial even the craglorn ones who is not that scary hard but will get lots free riders, has been in lots of nAS horrible runs and nMoL fails. And we all know finder is way worse than asking in guild or even zone.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please
    They can go ahead and add one for trials too, but vet trials with PUGs will almost certainly fail 99% of the time. Since this game doesn't have voice comms, there is no way to communicate with a PUG (at least on PC).

Probably true, but at least it would streamline the failure. Right now you have to bird dog area chat to even sniff a vet run.

All joking aside, I think group finder for all of this is overdue. As for comms, I'm on PS4. Comms are more prevalent than not in trials. I think it could work, or at the least, encourage people to get better for vet content
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Much needed feature, should have been implemented the first day trials went out.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Please fix the current activity finder before adding another one.

First there is this.

Second, I voted no because OP is talking about vet trials. For vet trials it will be a train wreck most of the time. Anyone with a slight amount of sense can see the same people complaining about who they get setup with in dungeons via GF will be complaining about this GF.

Not that I am worried. I expect Zos at least has enough sense to keep the vet trials out of the GF.

edit: while normal trials I would say yes. thought it would still often be a train wreck. Again, I point to the regular nonsense we see posted in the forums about the GF groups and those complaining are probably part of the reason. But let those who cannot get into a guild that does raiding enjoy it.
    Edited by idk on December 9, 2018 10:00AM
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they make it: inb4 fake tanks/healers, and ofc 4 hour queues
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    FakeFox wrote: »
    It would end up being a complete mess. First of all the dungeon finder barely manages four players, so twelve would probably crash the servers. Secondly running trials without a clear leader doesn't work and a dungeon finder group has no real leader, so everyone just does whatever he wants, this kind of works for dungeons but no chance in trials. A lot of players have never done veteran trials, so the chance of getting a group that mostly has no clue what they are doing is high and I bet 95% of groups would disband quickly as they just stay no chance of completion.

Are you talking about vet trials? Because I pug normal trials all the time, without a clear leader, and it works fine.
  • ruengdet2515
    ruengdet2515
    ✭✭✭
    No
    This not gonna happen and never, unless it can give more money for ZoS. :D
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    This not gonna happen and never, unless it can give more money for ZoS. :D

A better product would mean more money. Oh, wait, It´s ZO$ we are talkning here :(
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We're closing this thread because it was originally started in January and the information may no longer be relevant.

If you would like to discuss this topic further please feel free to start a new topic. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.