Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO +

Elitius
Elitius
Well I am an ESO + Members and ATM there is this event for people to get free ESO + from Jan 9th to Jan 15th.. However my questions is why does not I benefit from this? Why should I suffer this part of the event cause I have an active subscription? It is ridicilous IMO, we should also be able to grant pro-longed ESO member+ Like I should have +5 Days added to my ESO+ I am as a valued member as the free one but even more since I am a customer whom also invest money to this game. This is not fair since free member or not ESO + still cost money.

Regards, Toth.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're given free crown crates if you have an active subscription.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Elitius
    Elitius
    Well, does not the free member gain those crates aswell or is this bonus only applied to ESO+ members?
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Active subscription.

Free peoples aren't getting the crown crates unless something happens like last time; a few free trial people got them.
    Edited by Froil on January 11, 2018 1:46AM
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your problem, Toth?

ZO$ are holding this short event to give non-ESO+ players a chance to experience the benefits of subscribing, with a view to increasing the number of ESO+ members. It happens periodically. It's only five days for heaven's sake, and after that taster those players will revert back to non-ESO+ status, unless they decide to start subscribing.

There is no reason for ESO+ members to receive any 'benefits' from the event...we already get the ESO+ benefits full time anyway. If you think you are being done out of something because other players are being given the chance to see whether or not they would like to fork out for ESO+, then I think that is pretty mean-spirited.
  • Elitius
    Elitius
    Aurelle1 please explain to me how I am a mean-spirited person, All I wanted was if free players get free ESO+ I thought why should not I be eligeble to also obtain free Eso+

Ofcourse players that does not invest money in this game should be able to taste the premium qualities but then again why should I not benefit from this? So just because I am willing to spend money and help with the development of the game like many others why shall we not get any perks?

Now in my defense I did not know that crates were given to those with ESO+, english is not my main language and I thought the crates were for everyone.

Maybe you live in a world where money comes by easy for you, but I have to work in order to be able to afford this, so yeah 5 extra days for me is not a *** in the sea, as it might be for you.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should I suffer this part of the event

Oh no! You’re suffering? Oh the humanity! In my complete and utter empathy, I have dressed entirely in black, downloaded the soundtrack to Requiem for a Dream and I’m reading Emily Dickenson poems as I type these words. Stay strong, my friend - the world is a hard and lonely place, and we are all with you in your time of great need.

Oh wait...that’s not empathy I’m feeling, it’s just gas and sarcasm. My bad. Lol.

ZOS is using these trials as a way to encourage players to try plus. When more subscribe, they can make more content and we all benefit. That’s the real benefit to you for a sale on something you don’t need.

But...they’re also giving you free crown crates, which if you think about it is pretty generous. A week of plus is only worth ~$4 retail, but they’re giving you crates worth much more. They could have just given plus members a free costume. Or a 250 crown pack. But we get crates.

Which of course is a sales promotion too, for a different product. So what’s really happening is there are twomsales and everyone gets one of the two items being sampled.

So hopefully this brings a ray of light into your life, and you can shut off the Depeche Mode and face the world a refreshed spirit in a brave new frontier.