The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hair style packs and Character customization

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must be one of the few people that thought the text was easily understandable.? Read it, bought it, used it :)

The part about it being only old hair styles is, in my opinion, pretty clear. It does say it is the standard hair styles, this hair pack was marketed as being only what is in the character creation already and the picture only shows old hair styles.

The part about being able to equip any of them whenever you like... Honestly, it would make no sense if this wasn't the case. And it was also marketed as so. I really don't think it was badly explained.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    Lysette wrote: »
    There are no new hairstyles in this update - that pack is a collection of all the old hairstyles.

The advantage of that pack is, that you can change the hair anytime you want without to have to use an appearance token - you cannot dye your hair though, this would still require an appearance token.

Does the new hair color match your current hair color or is it some random color?

It is the same which I have chosen at character creation. It looks slightly different with different hairstyles though.
    Edited by Lysette on August 17, 2016 5:17PM
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new hair download is just the old hair designs and if you put on a disguise the hairstyle reverts back to your original .

Pretty interesting - this basically supports my role play reasoning for this hairstyle pack - it is some kind of illusion magic, which is broken, when using a disguise, which is another kind of illusion magic and interferes with that of the hair pack. The disguise has to be some kind of illusion magic, because I still have the benefits of my armor and when I roll dodge or jump down a cliff, I hear the noise of my original armor and not that of the disguise or the costume.
    Edited by Lysette on August 17, 2016 5:15PM
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new hair download is just the old hair designs and if you put on a disguise the hairstyle reverts back to your original .

Pretty interesting - this basically supports my role play reasoning for this hairstyle pack - it is some kind of illusion magic, which is broken, when using a disguise, which is another kind of illusion magic and interferes with that of the hair pack. The disguise has to be some kind of illusion magic, because I still have the benefits of my armor and when I roll dodge or jump down a cliff, I hear the noise of my original armor and not that of the disguise or the costume.

Nice idea :)
    It also explains why disguises hide vampirism and magically disappear if you're spotted by enemies youre hiding from.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    There are no new hairstyles in this update - that pack is a collection of all the old hairstyles.

The advantage of that pack is, that you can change the hair anytime you want without to have to use an appearance token - you cannot dye your hair though, this would still require an appearance token.

Does the new hair color match your current hair color or is it some random color?

It is the same which I have chosen at character creation. It looks slightly different with different hairstyles though.

Good to know.
    Options
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also thought the hair pack would include base game hairs + new style. It said that in the news anyway.
    I was pretty disappointed to not have access to the new hairstyles I had seen in the PTS but on the other hand i'm really happy I can now change my character's hair as often as I want.
    Options
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭

Interesting; is this also true for costumes? And while a disguise/costume is equipped, can you change the hairstyle, or is it stuck in the original style until the disguise/costume is removed?

If these aren't useable with costumes, I'd think that would be a pretty serious flaw.
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought them, and the angry personality. Now my Imperial vampire looks like this:

Swap_1413.jpg
    Options
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can u wear them with a costume?

Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    Can u wear them with a costume?

Yes :smile:
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting; is this also true for costumes? And while a disguise/costume is equipped, can you change the hairstyle, or is it stuck in the original style until the disguise/costume is removed?

If these aren't useable with costumes, I'd think that would be a pretty serious flaw.

On costumes you keep the selected hairstyle from the hair pack.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    It's nice to be able to change your hair on the fly, so personally I really like this pack. I do think I there should have been an in game barber shop instead, but whatever, I'll take what I can get. I get sick of using the same hair style for too long.

Just to clarify, buying the 1000 crown pack is all 92 old hair styles, but it unlocks the ability to equip any of these (on the applicable race) directly from your menu at any time, just like the costumes.

This is what should appear in the crown store @ZOS_GinaBruno

Um... I'm a little confused. Because that IS what appears in the cash shop.

@MornaBaine

No that's not what appears for us on Xbox one

It should read: "This bundle enables access to all the standard hair styles by adding a new collections/appearance category of hair styles. Now enjoy changing any of your characters hair styles from the collections menu!"

See
    Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=c&sig=TbD1QFCwY9ba%2FHQ9qa5JczAih2KKWyq5sl%2F0svv2pDE%3D&st=2016-08-17T22%3A56%3A31Z&se=2016-08-18T00%3A01%3A31Z&sp=r&__gda__=1471478491_ca8cc2465dbbec4f1f40ca50f432e334

What even more frustrating is this is what cosmetic changes we desired for skin color, body size, face, eyes, tattoos, etc but instead it's locked behind a token vs a one time charge.

SMH
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on August 17, 2016 11:08PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Moonfish
    Moonfish
    ✭✭✭
    I have only one question: when I buy this will it unlock free hair style change across all my characters? Or is it limited to the character Im using when I buy it?

It doesnt say so, at least not on the Xbox
    Options
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonfish wrote: »
    I have only one question: when I buy this will it unlock free hair style change across all my characters? Or is it limited to the character Im using when I buy it?

@Moonfish Yep. It unlocks for all characters. I was sold when I found this out.
    Options
  • Moonfish
    Moonfish
    ✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    Moonfish wrote: »

@Moonfish Yep. It unlocks for all characters. I was sold when I found this out.

Thanks! Now this is a must buy for me!
    Options
  • Daxxie
    Daxxie
    Soul Shriven
    The problem I have with the hair styles is that when I try them on I can't see them. My head is in the clouds! The shaded area across the top with all the icons. There are 92, and I have to equip one, escape out to see it, then go back to collections to try another one? Doesn't work for me! heh, should I have made a shorter character?
    Options