Maintenance for the week of June 3:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance June 5, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hair style packs and Character customization

razgondkb16_ESO
Hi,
I remember reading that a lot of new character customization options were coming with this update, but I really have a hard time seeing where?

All I see is the option to redo my character, and purchase a hair style pack , which includes "all hairstyles" - Don't I have all hairstyles? Are these NEW hairstyles? Why cant I see them?
Also, what about earrings, without the circlet? Is that part of the pack? Its really, really weird I can't see this anywhere.

Right now, I assume if I purchase a makeover token for my character, all I can do is use what I could at character creation, correct? And IF I purchase the 1000 crown pack, I get new hairstyles, but thats it? 92 new hairstyles??

Any elaboration by either players or ESO would be awesome!

Thanks!
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no new hairstyles in this update - that pack is a collection of all the old hairstyles.

The advantage of that pack is, that you can change the hair anytime you want without to have to use an appearance token - you cannot dye your hair though, this would still require an appearance token.
    Edited by Lysette on August 16, 2016 4:56PM
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why it's even for sale....maybe it should be 0 crowns

Perhaps that allows all characters to use any hairstyle but that's not how it reads and the other hair styles are race specific....it's very unclear
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why it's even for sale....maybe it should be 0 crowns

Perhaps that allows all characters to use any hairstyle but that's not how it reads and the other hair styles are race specific....it's very unclear

yes we complaint about this for the PC version already - it could be said more clearly. I personally like this pack though, I can choose a hairstyle which goes well with my costume or armor. But this is anyone's choice to decide, if it is of use for him/her.
    Edited by Lysette on August 16, 2016 5:00PM
    Options
  • tryia3b14a_ESO
    tryia3b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's nice to be able to change your hair on the fly, so personally I really like this pack. I do think I there should have been an in game barber shop instead, but whatever, I'll take what I can get. I get sick of using the same hair style for too long.

Just to clarify, buying the 1000 crown pack is all 92 old hair styles, but it unlocks the ability to equip any of these (on the applicable race) directly from your menu at any time, just like the costumes.
    Options
  • razgondkb16_ESO
    Okay, thanks a lot guys - That sure is confusingly presented then.

Am I crazy, or did the Developers specifically state a few months ago, that we would get MORE options for our characters? As in new haircuts, new colors for beards and hair, new beards, earrings and so forth?
    Options
  • tryia3b14a_ESO
    tryia3b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There were definitely new hair styles announced before, not sure about the other stuff. People have said they were on the PTR, but they haven't gone live yet. Hopefully, we'll see those soon.
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    There are no new hairstyles in this update - that pack is a collection of all the old hairstyles.

The advantage of that pack is, that you can change the hair anytime you want without to have to use an appearance token - you cannot dye your hair though, this would still require an appearance token.

The additional advantage of the pack is to have access to hair styles that your race never had before... only with this pack could I give my Bosmer the 'Short Imperial' hair style that is available ONLY to Imperial, Breton and Altmers in the creation screen, even though there are Bosmer male NPCs running around with the Short Imperial hair style in-game.
    Edited by ADarklore on August 16, 2016 7:01PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

The additional advantage of the pack is to have access to hair styles that your race never had before... only with this pack could I give my Bosmer the 'Short Imperial' hair style that is available ONLY to Imperial, Breton and Altmers in the creation screen, even though there are Bosmer male NPCs running around with the Short Imperial hair style in-game.

More reason to have a hair color pack too :(
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Cakery
    Cakery
    ✭✭

Wait, so only some of the hairstyles are race-specific?

Its been a while since Update 11 for PC and I'm still not 100% clear on the hairstyle pack. I know that it's pre-existing hairstyles, but I'm not quite clear on how limited one is by race when changing their hairstyle.

It's kind of like the personalities; I assumed that they would affect some of the emotes like the Assassin personality, maybe even the run/walk animation. They didn't, and I pouted.
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cakery wrote: »

Its been a while since Update 11 for PC and I'm still not 100% clear on the hairstyle pack. I know that it's pre-existing hairstyles, but I'm not quite clear on how limited one is by race when changing their hairstyle.

It's kind of like the personalities; I assumed that they would affect some of the emotes like the Assassin personality, maybe even the run/walk animation. They didn't, and I pouted.

Mer and Men share all the styles available for them in the character creator. Argonians do not share any styles with other races. Khajiit share some styles with other races, but not all (let's make this simple and not get in the discussion regarding Khajiit being mer. Which they are, but to make it simple, consider that they are not).

Many hair styles are gender-specific, though, which sucks IMO.
    Edited by Abeille on August 16, 2016 7:11PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cakery wrote: »

I'm thinking that humanoid hairstyles (but not 100% sure tho) will work on all humanoid races now... but Khajiit and Argonian hairstyles are still limited to race.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh cool, I did not know that, I will have to try those then - thanks for sharing.
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Lysette I immediately made my Altmer lady have a salt and pepper Afro, and my redguard lady get the bunches of curls in back hairstyle my Imperial had, and is otherwise unavailable to those races.

Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    @Lysette I immediately made my Altmer lady have a salt and pepper Afro, and my redguard lady get the bunches of curls in back hairstyle my Imperial had, and is otherwise unavailable to those races.

I had to look up what a "salt and pepper afro" is - I just wonder, why this is called "afro", because I have never seen any native woman here in south africa wearing such a hairstyle - I guess, it would be by far too hot and unpleasant to have this hairstyle. Corn row styles and/or dreadlocks are far more common, because they are quite airy and better suited to the climate.
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a 70's United States Black Power thing.

C.f.

https://youtu.be/2VRSAVDlpDI

Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The advantage of that pack is, that you can change the hair anytime you want without to have to use an appearance token
    This is the first time I have found information on what this actually does. Thank you! It is something I'm interested in, but ZOS themselves are doing a *** poor job describing it in the crown store. I thought it would only allow you to select from all hairstyles at character creation time.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
  • razgondkb16_ESO
    fred4 - thats exactly what prompted me to make this query - its such poor communication on ESO's behalf its boggling the mind. And weird, because its something people actually WANT!
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, thanks a lot guys - That sure is confusingly presented then.

Am I crazy, or did the Developers specifically state a few months ago, that we would get MORE options for our characters? As in new haircuts, new colors for beards and hair, new beards, earrings and so forth?

No you aren't crazy and yes they did make some new hairstyles which they plan to sell to us individually. They were on the PTS. And then they failed to put hem in the crown store for reasons surpassing comprehension. On the other hand, NONE of them are particularly special and none of them are long. So we're really not missing out on much I guess.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, Eso+ does not have access to appearance change or the original hairstyles pack for free right?
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to be clear, Eso+ does not have access to appearance change or the original hairstyles pack for free right?

Nope
    Edited by Daemons_Bane on August 17, 2016 11:54AM
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, we do not. We have to buy them like everyone else.

Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice to be able to change your hair on the fly, so personally I really like this pack. I do think I there should have been an in game barber shop instead, but whatever, I'll take what I can get. I get sick of using the same hair style for too long.

Just to clarify, buying the 1000 crown pack is all 92 old hair styles, but it unlocks the ability to equip any of these (on the applicable race) directly from your menu at any time, just like the costumes.

This is what should appear in the crown store @ZOS_GinaBruno
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what should appear in the crown store @ZOS_GinaBruno

Um... I'm a little confused. Because that IS what appears in the cash shop.

Options
  • tryia3b14a_ESO
    tryia3b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think he meant the description. I had to buy it to figure that out because the crown store description is not very good.

I think there are probably a lot of people who would buy it if the description mentioned that you'll be able to change the hair styles of your characters at any time directly from the menu.

I was so happy to finally have some hair on my Khajiit, and then after like 2 hours, I got sick of it and changed her back to bald. This type of "equippable" hair style is perfect for people like me.
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I must be one of the few people that thought the text was easily understandable.? Read it, bought it, used it :)
    Options
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, I didn't know that. Welp, looks like I'm off to buy that hairstyle pack!
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    I love the hairstyle pack, its nice to be able to switch around anytime you want, plus use some hairstyles that weren't available for your race in the normal char creation.

I would like see these packs for facial and body adornments too.
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Does the new hair color match your current hair color or is it some random color?
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »

Does the new hair color match your current hair color or is it some random color?

You can only change the haircut, not the color..
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new hair download is just the old hair designs and if you put on a disguise the hairstyle reverts back to your original .
    Options