Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How can I install or relocate to SSD I want?

Luckylancer
Luckylancer
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I installed new windows on SSD(120GB) and deleted all the stuff on pc. I want to install game on that SSD. I downladed the game with steam in to SSD, I clicked play and game want to install more but there was no space in SSD.

I relocated instalition folders to my HDD. I tried to install again and game choose my SSD to install(I cant change even if i want). There is a steam folder in SSD but game choose "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online" instead of "C:\Steam\steamapps\common". I stopped downloading from launcher for this reason. C is my SSD. I can't go to morrowind and BGs witout Steam.

After that I used steam again and game choose "G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common". G is my HDD. I stopped that one too.

I want to play the game from SSD, using Steam and downloading less data as possible. What should I do? I have a few solutions but I want to download from the launcher once. Trying my solutions may cost me time :sweat:

Can I relocate the game from HDD to SSD? OR Should I resume "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online"'s download and hope it have steam? Do you have a better idea?

Best Answer

• Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for answer. I ll download to my HDD then trasfe to SSD. There will be enough space.
    Nestor wrote: »

You do know that Steam does not add anything to the game?

Game want me to buy Morrowind when I dont use steam. I get kicked to Wayrest if I m in Morrowind, I cant create warden toons, I cant go BGs but I can continue playing my warden. I could ask for refund at steam and use my warden toons but I was afraid of getting banned :#
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Warden Class only comes with Morrowind. If you bought the game through Steam, then you need to keep it with Steam.

Good thing is you can either use the existing Steam game directory, or you can add the install directory to Steam as a Library if you need to. Search the Steam site for how to add a new directory or folder to Steam.

I almost wish ZOS had never released this game through Steam, it just adds complexity to the whole process and gains nothing for the user.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    120 GB is really small for Windows plus ESO, if you want to fully install it there.

What I did was install it on my HDD through steam, and then move only key folders ("depot" of the live server) to SSD by using NTFS reparse points. I explained that procedure here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4747838#Comment_4747838
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP