Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

About to craft my first CP 160 gear..

AngelFires333
AngelFires333
✭✭✭✭✭
Looks like it may cost quite a few G's for the mats to make this.
Wanting to get it right.

I have been using Jeckll's Leveling gear setup Night mothers/Hundings.

7u8VHjo.jpg

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/stamina-nightblade-pve-dps-for-morrowind/

Will this suffice for solo overland or should I go more on the lines of Alcast's/Gilliam's beginners setup.
With the Hundings 5 traits taking priority over NM's.

Stam-Warden-BoE.png

http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-dps-build/

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-build-for-pve/

I am learning to bar swap and take advantage of dual wield daggers dmg bonus on Bow's Dot's.
Solo overland stamblade here (obviously).

Any information would be most appreciated
Please and Thank you.

Edit: Big thanks to Jeckll, Alcast and Gilliamtherogue for these great guides!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are good guides.
    My one recommendation is to not make anything gold (that is, use gold-level tempers to make the armor highest quality), until you've played the armor for a good long while and are 100% sure you want to keep it. Gold-level materials are rare, and super expensive to buy in guild traders.

In particular, don't gold-out helmets and shoulders, because you might want to trade those for monster sets later if you don't have any yet. You get monster sets from 4-man dungeons and trials. (You probably know all this already, but I'll speak as if you're a noob just in case.)

Also, don't use gold tempers on non-set weapons and armor. When I was new to the game, I made the costly mistake of turning a non-set weapon to gold, and was very sorry afterward, because it amounted to wasting those rare materials.
    Hope this helps a little.
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Those are good guides.
    My one recommendation is to not make anything gold (that is, use gold-level tempers to make the armor highest quality), until you've played the armor for a good long while and are 100% sure you want to keep it. Gold-level materials are rare, and super expensive to buy in guild traders.

In particular, don't gold-out helmets and shoulders, because you might want to trade those for monster sets later if you don't have any yet. You get monster sets from 4-man dungeons and trials. (You probably know all this already, but I'll speak as if you're a noob just in case.)

Also, don't use gold tempers on non-set weapons and armor. When I was new to the game, I made the costly mistake of turning a non-set weapon to gold, and was very sorry afterward, because it amounted to wasting those rare materials.

Yes I am a noob.
    Very helpful thank you :)
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Hundings does not completely take priority, the 5 piece bonus of NM Gaze lasts for a few seconds as you bar swap.

I'm not trying to spoil the beans, but did you research traits? As both are set pieces and require 6 traits to be researched and this takes up a hell of a lot of time....

I'm on this road myself.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I may make a suggestion: If you're going to craft CP160 gear, and don't have tons of gold to just spend on it like that, it'd be in my opinion a bit of a waste to make it Training. :)

On my new stamina warden I have one "damage" set, which is 5xHundings, 5xTwice-Fanged (you can use Spriggan as an alternative), 2xVelidreth (you can also use Kra'gh or Stormfist which is much easier to get), in CP160 Divines with gold weapons and gold glyphs, but purple armor. I use that for vet dungeons and other hard content.

Then I have a "training" set for leveling up skills etc., 5xHundings, 4xNight Mother, 3xAgility, all in CP150 purple with all Training trait and purple glyphs. For normal dungeons, overland, questing etc.

(Additionally, I collected a "running" set, 5xDarkstride, 5xFjord's, which greatly increases sprinting speed and decreases sprinting cost, very nice for new chars with slow-as-hell horses to get around collecting skyshards.)

Edited by Loc2262 on January 10, 2018 10:25AM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Those are good guides.

Far as golding stuff goes, you really only need to gold out weapons at some point because that alone will significantly raise your weapon damage. The armor is a lot of tempers spent for minimal improvement, most of my armor is still purple, and I've been playing since launch and am over cp cap :D
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that's very true. Gold weapons are first priority, then gold enchantment glyphs. Gold armor only if you want to really squeeze out the last bit of stats. Not needed except you go for trial leaderboards.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    If I may make a suggestion: If you're going to craft CP160 gear, and don't have tons of gold to just spend on it like that, it'd be in my opinion a bit of a waste to make it Training. :)

On my new stamina warden I have one "damage" set, which is 5xHundings, 5xTwice-Fanged (you can use Spriggan as an alternative), 2xVelidreth (you can also use Kra'gh or Stormfist which is much easier to get), in CP160 Divines with gold weapons and gold glyphs, but purple armor. I use that for vet dungeons and other hard content.

Then I have a "training" set for leveling up skills etc., 5xHundings, 4xNight Mother, 3xAgility, all in CP150 purple with all Training trait and purple glyphs. For normal dungeons, overland, questing etc.

(Additionally, I collected a "running" set, 5xDarkstride, 5xFjord's, which greatly increases sprinting speed and decreases sprinting cost, very nice for new chars with slow-as-hell horses to get around collecting skyshards.)

lol.
    I was only refering to the hundings/Night mothers set up.
    I have full divines.
    Its all good :)
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hundings does not completely take priority, the 5 piece bonus of NM Gaze lasts for a few seconds as you bar swap.

I'm not trying to spoil the beans, but did you research traits? As both are set pieces and require 6 traits to be researched and this takes up a hell of a lot of time....

I'm on this road myself.

Yep Traits, are all good!

Just need nirnhoned for my weapons but.
    On my 8th trait on daggers/bow.
    20 somthing days?
    :*
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know that much about sets.
    You may want to craft CP150 gear first and us it for awhile. That way if you are not happy with the numbers, you won't be wasting a lot of mats.
    Just my two cents worth.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Infector is garbage. I would suggest getting Spriggan jewelry - it's pretty expensive, but you can grind Bangkorai dolmens for a few hours and you'll probably get a full set and also gain CP quite fast since they give a lot of XP. You'll also need 2 body pieces, preferably legs, hands or feet. Craft Hunging's 2 daggers, 1 bow, another piece in medium, heavy chest and light waist since that will give you a bit more health, especially when you get undaunted mettle from doing dungeons. Leave the head and shoulder slots free for now, since you'll be able to get some of the monster sets quite fast. I would recommend Kra'gh from Fungal Grotto 1, since that's a very easy veteran dungeon. For starters any trait will do. Also if you don't get Kra'gh shoulder you can pair the head with one that gives Stamina Recovery, Maximum Stamina, Weapon Critica or Weapon Damage; Bloodspawn and Swarm Mother (recovery) and (Slimercraw) Wepon Critical also comes from Maj's chest, where the Kra'gh shoulder drops, so you can farm that one for starters: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Monster+Helm+Sets

Ideally, your setup will look like this:

Head: Kra'gh mask, medium, divines, maximum stamina enchant
    Shoulder: Kra'gh arm cops, medium divines, maximum stamina enchant
    Chest: Cuirass of Hunding's Rage, heavy, divines, stamina enchant
    Waist: Sash of Hunding's Rage, light, divines, stamina enchant
    Legs: Spriggan's Guards, medium, divines, stamina enchant
    Hands: Spriggan's Bracers, medium, divines, stamina enchant
    Feet: Boots of Hunding's Rage, medium, divines, stamina enchant
    Ring 1: Spriggan's Ring, robust, weapon damage enchant
    Ring 2: Spriggan's Ring, robust, weapon damage enchant
    Neclace: Spriggan's Necklace, robust, weapon damage enchant
    Right Hand: Dagger of Hunding's Rage, nirnhoned, poison enchant
    Left Hand: Dagger of Hunding's Rage, precise, poison enchant
    Bow: Bow of Hunding's Rage, infused, berserker enchant

Why this setup?

Hunding's Rage is a very versatile set, and once you have it, you can keep using it end game
    Spriggan's gives penetration, and so does Kra'gh, together they give about 5.1K penetration. Your surprise attack gives another 5.3K so you'll be at 10.5K penetration. Overland mobs have 9.1K resistance, but dungeon mobs have 18.2-18.5K. So you'll not overpenetrate. That will save you putting CP in Piercing. Once you CP gets higher, and you start doing trials, you can replace Spriggan with Vicious Ophidian or Twice-Fanged snake. But it will serve you well for the first 2 months since penetration has by far the biggest impact on DPS of all stats.
    Edited by Asardes on January 10, 2018 4:16PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭

I'm on this road myself.

Yep Traits, are all good!

Just need nirnhoned for my weapons but.
    On my 8th trait on daggers/bow.
    20 somthing days?
    :*

Same.. I settled for precise or sharpened. Nirnhoned is the best, but I couldn't afford the research sacrifices for it and now it will take a month to research it..
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know that much about sets.
    You may want to craft CP150 gear first and us it for awhile. That way if you are not happy with the numbers, you won't be wasting a lot of mats.
    Just my two cents worth.

Until you know the gear is working for you, it should always be made in CP150. Just because some streamers says it's great for them does not mean its great for you.

That being said, Hundings/NMG is a good combo to use. Not that there are not other ones out there that are good too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"