The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Discounted Race Change Token - need discounted Name Change token as well

RaddlemanNumber7
RaddlemanNumber7
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I notice that Race Change token's are discounted to 1500.

To be any use to me I would also need to change the character's name. No discount is being offered on Race & Name Change tokens or Name Change tokens.

For me, buying a Race Change token for 1500 would mean I also had to buy a Name Change token for 2500 Cr, and so there's no point in doing that.
PC EU
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right? Who changes their character's race without changing the name?

Buying the discounted race change and the undiscounted name change together is even more expensive than the normal race + name change (4000 vs 3500 crowns), so what's the point here?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't plan on changing my name if I chance my races. But yes the name change is way overpriced.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I believe this is the first time they have discounted race change (down from 3000 crowns IIRC). Was this advertised anywhere? I don't think it was mentioned in the showcase.

I hopefully wonder if they will also put a discount on race change later, and then perhaps on the bundle. This seems like a good way for ZOS to soak up some excess crowns because I bet people will stock up on name/race change tokens if they go on discount.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

Buying the discounted race change and the undiscounted name change together is even more expensive than the normal race + name change (4000 vs 3500 crowns), so what's the point here?

Point is very stright, they are definitely ***.
    i used race change token once on 1 character so not so hurt of this, but know extremly many players who started this game wiithout any imagination, what a big *** difference in race is on the max lvl.
    This difference should be (more balanced but).
    BUT U SHOULD OFFER THIS INFORMATION TO NEW PLAYER WHEN HE CREATES A CHARACTER.
    They hadn't a way to know this except of bad experience of friends, if had such in game when starting play.
    HERE WERE NO INFORMATION ABOUT THIS. ANY IN-FOR-MATION about races importance on highest level.
    So, tonn of time, these people changed races on characters for 3k crown for every character..
    And now, a more than year later, they give us race change for 1500 crowns. Perfect, why NOW not the YEAR AGO?
    Can't express how I'm angry now cause of this system.
    Dear Zenimax, because of such policy, I have no reasons to want have any business with u in a future.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Anethum on January 8, 2018 5:28PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, right?
    Putting just the race change on sale is a joke. They know full well that people will want to change the name, too.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope, that other tokens will be on sale after the Race one. You hear me, capitalists? I'm ready to pay you only if price will drop! It's too overpriced!
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they are considering putting other tokens on sale, yeah. There are a couple of things I want to change about my Khajiit but it is not the kind of thing that bothers me enough to pay 1000 crowns for it.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

*cough* fraud *cough*
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;