The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RIP Miat's addon

• Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Dorrino wrote: »
    There's no need to figure out anything:)

All projectiles notifications will still work.

The major hit is only to ambush and dizzying swings.

Snipes will get a notification when they are fired. Previously it was redundant.

The rest is the same.

Enjoy:P

seriously, you'd have made a great disney villain (i know you don't see yourself as such - which makes it even more apropos)...

giphy.gif

i'm trying not to root for you - but, it's tough - i almost always wanna root for the villians :)

People make me look like one. This is awesome and hilarious:)

*prepares next eeeevil plans to ruin pvp and muhahaha's menacingly*
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fantastic. The way it should be.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about all the other private addons that do things?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dutch+boy.png
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So they again failed with what they said they will do ~10 months ago when they just hid heavy attacks and did not realize all other attacks can be seen? So now they again went to hide all attacks and hid just channels? How do you just go do something and... not do it :D

But it is still improvement.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    that's good, does BEGIN affect other 'features' like resource indicators?
  • imenace
    imenace
    ✭✭✭
    hopefully they actually fix it by the time pts goes live but highly doubt it
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15154557602693211?3842660752
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully whatever API functionality they depended on to do their thing will have been altered or disabled with this change (if they use anything different from Miat's).
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    Finally. I've been waiting too long for this day.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiara wrote: »

It's not fixed .
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭

It's not fixed .

I know, but it's only a matter of time now ^.^
  • Gallowmere
    It was about time, kudos to ZOS.

Cant wait to see those who relied on Miats fail horribly & be named & shamed. o:)
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One bad thing about this though... 95% of all Sorcs will start using the Blobs gankbuild next patch now.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• imenace
    imenace
    ✭✭✭

It's not fixed .

no its literally not fixed even on pts
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not fixed .

Do you know they've made a "fix" for Miat's 3 times now ? It is not that I am wanting to curb your optimism but provide a cushion for when the reality of ZOS's solution does not meet expectations . They say three times a charm but they need to do more restrictions on the TS before live to make that statement true .
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im very happy but waiting to see the results. And I hope Dorrino is wrong and the addon is actually killed

I wonder though
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

pualdragonimage2.jpg
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats pc
    I even complained about this and I’m on console :)
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    There's no need to figure out anything:)

All projectiles notifications will still work.

The major hit is only to ambush and dizzying swings.

Snipes will get a notification when they are fired. Previously it was redundant.

The rest is the same.

Enjoy:P

seriously, you'd have made a great disney villain (i know you don't see yourself as such - which makes it even more apropos)...

giphy.gif

i'm trying not to root for you - but, it's tough - i almost always wanna root for the villians :)

HTTP3N0cmVhbTEuZ2lmc291cC5jb20vdmlldzIvMzMwMTIxNy9qYWZhci1zLWRlZmVhdC1vLmdpZgloglog.gif

Defeated
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope I can keep this COOL/KOS section

Literally nothing else is affected besides what's in the patch notes. Which in itself is largely irrelevant for pvp.

And considering this is what the patch notes say

"Addons will now only know about attacks that target you after they hit you in PvP areas."

The change is clearly not working as intended if there has been no change. Because this ^^ says your cheat notifications should be disabled.
    imenace wrote: »

It's not fixed .

no its literally not fixed even on pts

Yeah, they said it was fixed and then....boom...its not....

It even STATES in the patch notes that it was fixed, but then somehow...it magically isnt?
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not fixed .

Do you know they've made a "fix" for Miat's 3 times now ? It is not that I am wanting to curb your optimism but provide a cushion for when the reality of ZOS's solution does not meet expectations . They say three times a charm but they need to do more restrictions on the TS before live to make that statement true .

From what Dorrino is saying , the patch notes are a blatent lie. Which honestly is just....yeah.

There is fixing something in a way that people dont like, and then there is posting the patch notes, saying they finally did what people asked for, and then SUDDENLY it was a lie? That is just asanine.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :'(

I hope ZOS looks at it cause I sincerely hope MIAT addon is dead (as well as other similar addons if any)
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again. To be clear and to incite a new wave of pseudo-educated complains^^:

The notifications consist of 2 distinct parts:

1. Those that rely on ACTION_RESULT_BEGIN result type of EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT.

These allow(-ed) to track the start of channeled (read cast time) abilities targeted at the player.

Examples: start of snipe, ambush, dizzying swing, dark flare, all heavy attacks etc single target channels.

The addon show(-ed) those as an icon that is being filled up from the bottom.

This part was explicitly disabled as per the patch notes (and limited personal testing).

2. Those that rely on ACTION_RESULT_EFFECT_GAINED result type of EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT.

These track the moment a single target projectile is fired against the player.

Examples: crystal frag, snipe again, flame reach, assassin's will etc.

The addon shows them as a pop up notification with dark background that quickly fades out. It is accompanied with a sound.

This part has nothing to do with the part 1 and was not affected in any shape of form in this update both in the patch notes and in testing.

So what exactly will be different after the update goes live:

You won't see:
    1. heavy attacks of any sort,
    2. ambush and dizzying swing before they land,
    3. start of snipes, dark flares, crystal frags.

You will see:
    All ranged attacks when they fire. Including snipes, flares and frags.

In the result dizzying swings will be easier to land. Ambush from stealth will be easier to land. Charged heavy attacks will be easier to land.

These are all the changes in the current update.

Now please have fun:)
    Edited by Dorrino on January 9, 2018 1:50AM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    :'(

I hope ZOS looks at it cause I sincerely hope MIAT addon is dead (as well as other similar addons if any)

I think my days in cyro are over if they dont fix it. I do not expect tolerance of an addon that destroys a build completely, and then they have they have the audacity to say its fixed, but it really isnt?
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Again. To be clear and to incite a new wave of pseudo-educated complains^^:

The notifications consist of 2 distinct parts:

1. Those that rely on ACTION_RESULT_BEGIN result type of EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT.

These allow(-ed) to track the start of channeled (read cast time) abilities targeted at the player.

Examples: start of snipe, ambush, dizzying swing, dark flare, all heavy attacks etc single target channels.

The addon show(-ed) those as an icon that is being filled up from the bottom.

This part was explicitly disabled as per the patch notes (and limited personal testing).

2. Those that rely on ACTION_RESULT_EFFECT_GAINED result type of EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT.

These track the moment a single target projectile is fired against the player.

Examples: crystal frag, snipe again, flame reach, assassin's will etc.

The addon shows them as a pop up notification with dark background that quickly fades out. It is accompanied with a sound.

This part has nothing to do with the part 1 and was not affected in any shape of form in this update both in the patch notes and in testing.

So what exactly will be different after the update goes live:

You won't see:
    1. heavy attacks of any sort,
    2. ambush and dizzying swing before they land,
    3. start of snipes, dark flares, crystal frags.

You will see:
    All ranged attacks when they fire. Including snipes, flares and frags.

In the result dizzying swings will be easier to land. Ambush from stealth will be easier to land. Charged heavy attacks will be easier to land.

These are all the changes in the current update.

Now please have fun:)

So the charge up is gone but the travel time notification is still there. They dramatically need to change the wording in the patch notes then.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So while disabling the cast bars is a step towards the right direction (combat advantage goes from 1s+ extra time to react/plan for an incoming attack to <1s in most cases), I still think no notifications should be shown for the travel times of projectiles that you can't actually see due to camera angle.

That said, the cast bar being shown was/is definitely the worst thing about the addon and I'm happy it's finally getting fixed.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that Miats doesn't work those "things" won't be available to everyone, but instead only for a small private elite.
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    So while disabling the cast bars is a step towards the right direction (combat advantage goes from 1s+ extra time to react/plan for an incoming attack to <1s in most cases), I still think no notifications should be shown for the travel times of projectiles that you can't actually see due to camera angle.

That said, the cast bar being shown was/is definitely the worst thing about the addon and I'm happy it's finally getting fixed.

It wasn't even a cast bar:)

It just looked like one.

The addon only received 1 event - 'charge-up started'. The addon never received an event 'charge-up interrupted' for instance.

In any case i think if this thing alone makes a difference for some people - i'm more than happy with this result:)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone with TC loaded could post a short video with Miat's running and a few variable attacks from stealth it would be most appricated . I can not as somethings from the update is over heating my cpu and cannot identify why .