Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing: Sittable chairs not sittable!

Tapio75
Tapio75
✭✭✭✭✭
This issue was present with some chairs when the homesteads hit the server. Still there are chairs that other player can sit while aother cant. Currently trying to place some chairs in my home and no matter how i place them, in a corner, in front of table or in midle of yard where there are no obstacles. A chair that says "Sittable" cant be sit on. Not to mention that this chair is crown store chair and paid with real money. In my case, it is a faulty product that should be fixed.

And as i said, it is no placement issue as i have tried it in every possible placing i can imagine :(

How many others are having these sort of problems?
>>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    e9660bed63783efed6c3e6b3de94b874.png

Maybe this is what you are referring to?
    Edited by SisterGoat on January 8, 2018 9:00PM
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a high elf chair that is in question. Whats a tuffet?
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tuffets are between a cushion and a chair.

Redguard-Tuffet-Flames.jpg

I would report it in the bug section and maybe it'll get fixed with the next PTS maint.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, thanks. New english word learned today :)

Now i can suddenly sit in that chair again. Placed some other furniture elsewhere and then i thought to place the chair to patio as a decorative part but i could also use it this time :D I think i just report the erratic behaviour with /bug.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure that the chair has a green outline around it when you place it. As long as there's a green outline around it and its not blocked by another item, you should be able to sit in it (or there's an actual bug with the item).
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, i did not know that. Previously i have place interactables "Trial&error" style to get a placement where they work. This will help me a lot.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    Thanks, i did not know that. Previously i have place interactables "Trial&error" style to get a placement where they work. This will help me a lot.

Yeah, its a little confusing! If you have an interactable and it has a yellowish outline, it won't work, so you have to move it back and forth until you see the outline turn green. It really helps because otherwise I'd have a bunch of chairs floating a foot off the ground. The housing editor does not make it easy to see spatial relationships between placed objects and the floor without that outline.

You can also accidentally block items. I once hung a pot on my provisioning station because I wanted it to look like I was cooking something, but then my provision station wouldn't allow me to cook with it until I moved the pot away.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same happened with my enchanting table. I wanted to place a candle on it for reading light but then, i could not use the enchanting table at all. I think they should not interfere with eachother that way.

Spatial dimensions are tough at times, i learned to use the items bottom as reference. When it slightly sinks to the ground, i either move it up a litle or align it depending on the surface. I fond placing hanging lanterns and lights the hardest and i often cant find any hooks to make them hang from. Can you recommend something that can be placed on the ceiling before the lamp so the lamp can be hung on that item instead of just on the planks?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions :)