ZOS support told me they have exhausted their troubleshooting steps, so I will come here for assistance.
The short summary is that I cannot get ESO to recognize the real size of my TV. Each and every time I try to change the setting, it "snaps back" to the previous value. I'll list what I have tried below. The online searches I have done have only yielded suggestions that I have already tried.
I have a 55" Samsung 3D TV.
1. Deleting all saved data on my PS4 for ESO
2. Deleting all saved data on my PS4 for all other apps and games
3. Ejecting my disc and inserting it again
4. Going into my Settings menus and hitting square to revert to the defaults in each one
5. Changing my PS4 from Automatic to 1080p resolution
6. Verifying my PS4 setting is at the dimensions of my TV
7. Setting my TV to "Screen Fit."
8. Setting my TV to 16:9 then back to Screen Fit
9. Verifying I have not activated any cloud saves for ESO or other games
10. Deleted my profile/user from a different PS4 that is not my primary console
11. Deleted all other users from my primary PS4
12. Renamed the HDMI port (3) I am using to "Game."
13. Verified I have no characters on the EU server
I did restart my PS4 after many of these attempts, so it doesn't seem to be as simple as that.
One thing I did notice is that deleting my local save data did not seem to put my settings to their default values. For example, Hide Helmet was still set to "Yes" after deleting my local save data. Should that be happening? Does that mean I have a user saved on a different PS4 that I forgot about?
I know I played on a smaller TV before, but that is the PS4 I deleted my user from.
Any suggestions for what I can try are most appreciated. I am hoping a game uninstall and then reinstall is not going to be required.