Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

360 new storage slots are not nearly enough!

• Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a fellow hoarder I think it's a good start, what could you possibly be hanging on to that you need that much space?
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    Like ZOS said some time ago, there are more than 50% of players through all platforms who have not upgrade their current bank space or inventory space to max cap. Why are you complaining about house storage already if it's not released yet and why aer you coplaining about this at all. It's great they will add such feature to the game.
    Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
    Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Do you have crafting bag?
    2. Do you have 14 characters with max upgraded bag?
    3. Do you have 14 characters with max upgraded mount?
    4. Do you have max upgraded personal bank?
    5. Do you use guild bank to store your items?

If one of the answers is "no", then STOP WHINING.
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    WOW...

Ok for those of you who invested so much in this game that you have 3800+ inventory slots, you must be maid of money...

So, these new 'Slots' are house specific right?

Doesn't that mean it is 360 per house that you own?

So, if 360 slots is not enough why not just buy all 50 homes (I think that is the count now right) and storage for each.

You will be paying for the next 'Real' DLC and get 18000 new slot giving you 21800 storage space...

Would that be enough?

All that for the low low price of about 2.5K in real money if you buy your crowns on sale. (About 5K to 6K at full price)

If anyone does this, please post to this forum I would like to at least personally thank you for funding the game to that degree.
    Edited by Woefulmonkey on January 5, 2018 9:00PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ad4mss wrote: »
    Like ZOS said some time ago, there are more than 50% of players through all platforms who have not upgrade their current bank space or inventory space to max cap. Why are you complaining about house storage already if it's not released yet and why aer you coplaining about this at all. It's great they will add such feature to the game.

While I may not agree with OP, the "50% players" argument is absurd. Most everyone actively playing for a prolonged time has long ago maxed the bank space and bag space of at least one character(most of us before craft bag was even a thing, too. Being a master crafter was wayyyy more fun back then).

The "50%" is probably not a straight lie but it's coming from the same pool as "10 million players" one. Sure, of ALL the accounts ever created in ESO(which includes those made on free weekends and/or never logged into again, and those who did log in but never leveled up beyond level 10-20 for whatever reason), more than 50% have never maxed out their bank space/bag space(how many of all those players have even logged in for enough days to max out a horse's carrying capacity?), but that's hardly indicative of actual active playerbase's needs.

Pretending inventory management has never been an issue/isn't one at all just because of that 50% line is silly, however I do think it's currently not that bad and the housing storage will make it even better(to possible conclusion of "manageable without pure mule alts") - at least if you're subbed, and OP is just being overly...provident with their gear, if I can say so.
    Edited by Magdalina on January 5, 2018 9:28PM
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    I agree.
    I’m so sick of playing Inventory Management Online.

All 14 characters have maxed bank, horse and inventories btw.

Seriously, what are you or players like you hoarding? Like 30 different sets for each character? (Not kidding, I'm seriously intrigued.)
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WOW...

Ok for those of you who invested so much in this game that you have 3800+ inventory slots, you must be maid of money...

No, they're shared between all your homes, kinda like your bank is shared between your characters.
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Magdalina,

I stand corrected... I surprised the ESO did not try to raise funds that way.

Personally, I think that if their are people willing to pay this kind of premium price for storage ESO should provide it.

It seems in their own best interests as that kind of storage should be way cheaper to develop than say a new dungeon or expanded features for the game, and the revenues it generates funds actual game content development for everyone.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    acw37162 wrote: »
    It’s not even on test and there are complaints.

How about a thank you for the effort.

I thank them by paying them. Also, history has proven over and over that it's never too soon to complain about the PTS, but there is definitely a point at which it is TOO LATE to complain...

Then get rid of some useless gear? There are currently around 280 sets in the game.
    More than 100 are absolutely useless for anyone.
    Let's assume you have 280 sets with 2 Wpns 3 Jewelry and 7 pc of gear then we are looking at 3380 slots.
    I guess you should manage your inventory first before crying about not enough space

I manage my inventory just fine, but I'd rather not spend hours a week doing it. Your math is way off, too. For example, take a useful set like Necropotence which I use for both PvP and PvE:

3 Necklaces and 6 RIngs with a variety of enchants like Spell Damage and Cost Reduction.
    3 Inferno staves with various traits, 2 Lightning staves, 1 Frost staff and 2 Resto staves.
    7 armor pieces in Impenetrable, 7 in Divines and 6 in Infused (3 w/Magicka enchants and 3 w/Prismatic).

Add all that together, and you're looking at 37 inventory slots... just for ONE set! That's more for one set than will fit in one of the smaller storage bins that are being introduced.

Needless to say, I have many, many more gear sets for both Magicka and Stamina builds, including dozens of low level "training" sets for leveling new alts. Like I said in the OP, 360 is NOT enough, at least not for me.

That isn't one set. Three necklaces and six rings is three sets they just all happen to be Necro. That doesn't really address your point though which is you need sets for PvP and PvE. I understand that as my main has two sets for PvP two sets for trials, one set for pledges and a couple of sets I play around with solo. My tank has three different sets. Many of my characters only need one set though so they can handle other character sets I don't use as often. Usually each character carries their own gear and consumables and I try to leave lots of room in my bank. If I am on a character that is short on slots because of all the gear and I want to do something where I need empty bags I temporarily place some of the gear in the bank.
    The short of it being I was easily able to work with the inventory spaces I was allowed though it did take some time managing once or twice a month. With the 360 new slots I'm guessing I can skip a month of managing but I know me and I am going to eventually have a problem with space and will need to spend time dealing with it. I accept that. It is what I am willing to do to make sure I have just the right set for every situation. It is basically a problem I created for myself so I am fine with how much bag space I have. I also know even if they increased it 10 fold I would eventually have the same problem except it would be a lot harder to manage. I looked earlier (got curious) and I have over 6000 filled soul gems and still put empty ones in the bank so I can fill them. I had (sold them earlier) food for crafting writs I haven't needed for at least a year. I'm happy with the new slots but it doesn't change that I will soon fill them up. Again that is on me.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Just wanted to recap how much inventory space players actually have without the crafting bag ... since these kinds of threads get somewhat tiring:

- 15 characters with in-game gold or crown purchased bag upgrades (up to 140 each character; includes new character slot available with Dragon Bones DLC) = 2,100 slots
    - Mount bag space upgrades (15 mounts x 60) = 900 slots
    - Personal bank space (with upgrades & ESO+) = 480 slots
    - Home storage bins (NEW with Dragon Bones DLC) = 360 slots

Total: 3,840

Personal Guild Banks = 500 slots each (up to 2,500); limit of 5 guild banks

If a player doesn't have any personal guild banks, we're still approaching 3,900 inventory slots ... not including the crafting bag or stacked inventory.

So, the first question for any player feeling constricted on inventory ... have you hit 3,840 character and bank slots yet?

If you can't manage what you have in that allotment of inventory slots that's your own fault [shrug].

"So, the first question for any player feeling constricted on inventory ... have you hit 3,840 character and bank slots yet?"

Really?

I don't really agree with the OP but your example here is horrible. Making use of all that space requires you to login on 60 separate days for each of those 15 characters or spend tons of real money to do so. You also have to spend real money on new character slots. Banks need to be upgraded too which is way too pricey for most players. The 360 new housing storage slots are pricey as well. Not realistic at all.

The worst part is that you spread your stuff across all of those different characters requiring you to login/logout a lot of times to move stuff and organize. Plus if you make use of every slot you don't even have the room to play on the character anymore without an inventory mess - due to this many players have "real" characters (which they play) and "pack mule" characters (which are mini-banks). We hoped that housing storage was the solution to that.

People want to have access to their tons of stored items ***without*** having to switch characters a bunch of times before playing the game again. It would make more sense if we could have an unlimited number of those housing storage chests (or at the very least like 10 of each).

Anyway I'm super hyped to see housing storage become a feature. I'm not even sad about there only being 360 slots atm.Just don't go saying we have 3.8K slots already..... it's often completely unrealistic to use even half of those and requires lots of real money to accomplish.

So let's say you have eight characters. That is seven characters you do not need gear, potions or anything else for. Each character should easily be able to carry four full sets of gear and still have plenty of room for other things. That leaves your bank open to all the extras you might need and the bank can hold a lot of stuff. Keep the essential stuff on each character that needs it, the stuff you need often in the bank and the stuff you need from time to time on a mule of least played character. That gives a lot of room really without spending any real money. Of course this all goes out the window if you are not ESO+ but a month of ESO+ is basically the price of seeing a movie and getting snacks.

Not sure what the price of the housing storage will be but I'm planning on doing some telvar runs just in case they take a whole lotta stones to purchase. I like doing that anyway so for me the cost will be just having some fun.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Emma_Overload Incorrect, BoE gear can go into guild banks, but not bound gear.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's poorly implemented and I'm really sad about it . The amount of slots is woefully low and why is it separated over 8 collectibles chests (as it stands, this can change). This would require me to take out my 3 merchants plus my other collectibles in order to place them inside or use a house that I never go to. The whole idea of housing storage is convenience and none of this seems to be.

Housing should have been as follows :
    Either
    1) a chest unlimited space similar to crafting bag, only accessible via your house and counts as its own housing slot
    2) storage counts towards regular housing limit but there are tiered sizes like houses (tiny, small, med, large) with sizes ranging from 100, 250, 500, 1000 slots.

I'd be able to put all my sets in there no problem. If they end up with 360 slots I'll be using 180 spots just in monster helms (light, med, heavy 1 divines/1 impen) , plus MA/DSA/Asylum weapons that's 213/360 slots for everything else. That means i still require all my bank characters as if storage wasn't even implemented, because the amount of DLC this game churns out that includes new sets/items that extra space is used up in no time and I'm back at square one.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good grief, just scrap some stuff, why the heck would you want every set in the game for crying out loud, most of them are junk!
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

I have crafting bag
    I have 19 chars with max upgraded bag, 14 on main, ESO+ account and 5 on mule account that is not ESO+. On mule account I have 3 more chars with 150ish slots each.
    I have max upgraded bank on both ESO + and mule account, making it 480 + 240 slots.+
    I use guild bank as much as it is possible in one of guilds, about 50 slots.

Even if any of these answers were no, who Nirn made you an arbiter of how many storage does one need in ESO? I play all classes but templar, both magicka or stamina, and I play them as DDs and tanks. I PvP at least several days per week, and I use every single trick to have siege weapons and repairs not clutter my inventory. And all I can say about what we have now - inventory management makes my ESO hours miserable.

360 extra slots are welcomed, but the issue of having to relog on each char to access gear is what really grinds my gears in ESO.
    Edited by Enslaved on January 5, 2018 11:39PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, the first question for any player feeling constricted on inventory ... have you hit 3,840 character and bank slots yet?

Subtracting out the 15th Slot we don't have yet, so call it 3600 bag slots.

Yep, got them all, and got them almost filled.

Old School TES Players are Pack Rats, always have been, always will be. I wish I could find my screenshots from Morrowind where I used a mod called House Under the Hill. In that home, I had every single weapon example, every armor example, every unique armor or weapon, every ingredient, every soul gem (back then they were named if the caught soul was unique), every type apparatus, every key (yes keys) and on and on and on.

I am going to have to get my old Morrowind install going and take some screenshots one day of my Hill House Mod. Imagine a room with 100 Mannequins each sporting unique armors, a weapon room with with hundreds of weapons displayed (all unique)

I could go on, but we are packrats. Of course MMO's are a bit different, but still, old habits and all that

Edited by Nestor on January 5, 2018 11:55PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    [delete]
    Edited by KrishakPanettier on January 6, 2018 12:03AM
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The numbers for 15 characters is: Bank (11,527,500g

You upgrade the Bank once, so 768,500 and your done, no matter how many characters you have.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Subtracting out the 15th Slot we don't have yet, so call it 3600 bag slots.

Yep, got them all, and got them almost filled.

Old School TES Players are Pack Rats, always have been, always will be. I wish I could find my screenshots from Morrowind where I used a mod called House Under the Hill. In that home, I had every single weapon example, every armor example, every unique armor or weapon, every ingredient, every soul gem (back then they were named if the caught soul was unique), every type apparatus, every key (yes keys) and on and on and on.

I am going to have to get my old Morrowind install going and take some screenshots one day of my Hill House Mod. Imagine a room with 100 Mannequins each sporting unique armors, a weapon room with with hundreds of weapons displayed (all unique)

I could go on, but we are packrats. Of course MMO's are a bit different, but still, old habits and all that

^^^yup lol. TESIII Morrowind housing was so good. No furniture or storage limits.... you could kill an NPC and steal their home.... those were the days :smile:
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good grief, just scrap some stuff, why the heck would you want every set in the game for crying out loud, most of them are junk!

The example was just monster sets and end game weapons, that's not including: weapons, writs, furniture, pots, soul gems, thieving edicts, etc. There's also extra stuff like motifs and designs that I keep banked because even with all my trading guilds I still have tons of stuff to sell. Telling me to just decon everything doesn't solve the problem, it just allows 1/2 ass'd stuff like this to go on..
    Edited by Rave the Histborn on January 6, 2018 12:00AM
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The numbers for 15 characters is: Bank (11,527,500g

You upgrade the Bank once, so 768,500 and your done, no matter how many characters you have.

You are correct. I retraced my figures after I posted and saw my error. I deleted my post. It is still a ton of gold.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    S2rDxAy.png
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    riberion wrote: »
    Why don't you open the Transmutation Geodes so the crystals just go into your currency?

I can't see any reason to be holding onto 37 different pieces of necropotence gear when you can always re enchant or transmute for the trait you want.

More and more this sounds like a personal inventory management problem and not really a larger issue at all.

There's an account-wide limit of 200 Transmutation crystals. If you try to go over the limit, the geodes are destroyed but you can NEVER get the crystals back... they're just wasted! All you can do is hoard the geodes.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

If you bothered to read my comments, you would see that I've done ALL of those things, including the personal guild bank.

So i'll keep "whining", thank you very much!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Emma_Overload Incorrect, BoE gear can go into guild banks, but not bound gear.

Virtually all my gear is bound, but yes you are right.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best to complain immediately before anything goes live..once live yer scrood
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor

I am NOT a pack rat and I will tell you why. Somewhere in Cyrodiil 7e2284*2, or what we would call 2005, somewhere on that god forsaken dystopian landscape SOMEWHERE lies my Chillrend. I loved that sword. It was blue. And it got put in a wardrobe in one of my houses, or a bucket, or a nightstand...I don’t effing know where it went. I always put my weapons in the Anvil house...the one that had the demon overlord worship alter in the basement. Once I got the stank out and scrubbed the walls of bbq *** skin, it was a nice place and I resolved to put everything there.

And yet, chillrend is not there. Nor is it in my knights of the nine buildings nor my choral house nor EFFING anywhere. Who gives a flying frak about the stupid white gold tower and your GD political problems...SOMEBODY HAS MY SWORD. I swear on Molag’s Bols that it was a freaking Argonian...and when One of you gets ganked by a nightblade in pvp and wonders why he was so harsh on you, it’s because he searched all over the GD world for his blue (and remarkably useless, due to the underleveling) and marvelous sword...AND I KNOW ONE OF YOU EFFING HAS IT.

And that is why I am not a pack rat.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    WOW...

No they are not house specific. Just like banks are not town specific. You can place the chest in every house you own. But it just means the same inventory pool can be accessed from every house you own. The same chest will have the same items in it everywhere. Just like the bank has the same items and space everywhere, no matter which banker you speak too. So it is a max of 360 item slots in chests account wide.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said we get as much as 360 additional spots? For real? Thats great news!
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good lord and I thought I was a hoarder. I still don't understand why you'd need over a thousand inventory slots. Right now I'm using Humblemud to store luxury furnishings to keep stuff out of my bank.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agrivar wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »
    Reaction_Overload
    Reaction_Overload

oh shut up seriously. This limit is penny ante and you know it.

Someone call the whaaambulence, we've got another crybaby over here.

LOL! ME!? Please. You're the one ripping off stupid quotes from films my Dad made us sit down and watch whilst simultaneously whiteknighting even though the house chest sizes are legit small.

I am not even BUYING a storage chest because lol why bother. So take your master baiting elsewhere granddad.