Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

360 new storage slots are not nearly enough!

Emma_Overload
Emma_Overload
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I was so psyched when I heard about the new home storage bins, but now I just want to cry :'(

I could write a long-winded post about how screwy this deal is, especially since ZOS is going to be charging real money for these things, but I just haven't got the energy.

Suffice it to say 360 total slots sprinkled over EIGHT separate inventories is not even close to sufficient. 360 PER BOX would barely be enough, but it really should be more like 480 (like our bank inventory)!

The worst thing about this is that they will NEVER improve this, just like how they never improved the personal merchants and bankers. Why would they bother after you already gave them your cash?
#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you really can't please everyone.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • fluffycannibalb16_ESO
    Every, time there's an inventory increase players start complaining that it's not enough. Every. Single. F_ing. Time.

The problem isn't that there's isn't enough storage, it's that we store too much crap.
    Fluff'ii - EP Sneaky-Cat-People
    Elendil Ellesar - EP Stabby-Stabby-Healer
    Khalisah al-Sinan - EP Fire-Breathing-Shieldy-Person
    Liara Motierre - EP Blinky-Storm-Mage
    Fetches-Fetches-Glitter - EP Lizard-Light-Smasher
    Zevran Demnevanni - EP Sneaky-Vampire-Mage
    Vindictal - EP Evil-necROMANCEr
    Shepard Andersson - EP Smashy-Dragon-Man
    Anduille - EP Cute-Bosmer-Bear-Lover
    Eamhair Eimhir - EP Necro-Poison-Wolf-Girl
    Orlog gro-Morkul - EP Smashy-Sorc-Orc
    Lucien la Malfaisance - EP Book-Beamer
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    True but its a start
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reaction_Overload
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not even on test and there are complaints.

How about a thank you for the effort.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its better than nothing! :)
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.
    I’m so sick of playing Inventory Management Online.

All 14 characters have maxed bank, horse and inventories btw.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to recap how much inventory space players actually have without the crafting bag ... since these kinds of threads get somewhat tiring:

- 15 characters with in-game gold or crown purchased bag upgrades (up to 140 each character; includes new character slot available with Dragon Bones DLC) = 2,100 slots
    - Mount bag space upgrades (15 mounts x 60) = 900 slots
    - Personal bank space (with upgrades & ESO+) = 480 slots
    - Home storage bins (NEW with Dragon Bones DLC) = 360 slots

Total: 3,840

Personal Guild Banks = 500 slots each (up to 2,500); limit of 5 guild banks

If a player doesn't have any personal guild banks, we're still approaching 3,900 inventory slots ... not including the crafting bag or stacked inventory.

So, the first question for any player feeling constricted on inventory ... have you hit 3,840 character and bank slots yet?

If you can't manage what you have in that allotment of inventory slots that's your own fault [shrug].

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every, time there's an inventory increase players start complaining that it's not enough. Every. Single. F_ing. Time.

The problem isn't that there's isn't enough storage, it's that we store too much crap.

If you had as much gear as I do, you wouldn't be saying this. The sheer quantity of gear in this game has increased much faster since launch than the size of our inventories.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »

I thank them by paying them. Also, history has proven over and over that it's never too soon to complain about the PTS, but there is definitely a point at which it is TOO LATE to complain...
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭
    Was just waiting for this response from someone lol. There will always be something to cry about i guess.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to recap how much inventory space players actually have without the crafting bag ... since these kinds of threads get somewhat tiring:

- 15 characters with in-game gold or crown purchased bag upgrades (up to 140 each character; includes new character slot available with Dragon Bones DLC) = 2,100 slots

If a player doesn't have any personal guild banks, we're still approaching 3,900 inventory slots ... not including the crafting bag or stacked inventory.

So, the first question for any player feeling constricted on inventory ... have you hit 3,840 character and bank slots yet?

If you can't manage what you have in that allotment of inventory slots that's your own fault [shrug].

rbdWv.gif
    Edited by Sigtric on January 5, 2018 7:53PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reaction_Overload
    Reaction_Overload

oh shut up seriously. This limit is penny ante and you know it.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean the "crap" ZOS keeps adding? There's about 332 sets in the game alone. Around 55 different motif styles. Only ZOS knows how many furnishings. Recipes. Treasure maps. Surveys. Key Fragments. And some of these you CAN NOT STACK like glyphs, treasure maps and siege weapons. Don't get me wrong, I think we have a lot of space in game as we do but considering all the things I just mentioned, there have been times where my current set gets nerfed and I need to farm for a piece that I already farmed for but because I had no space for it, I broke it down. I have 3 characters I don't play just for storage purposes for sets.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • BohnT
      BohnT
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

I thank them by paying them. Also, history has proven over and over that it's never too soon to complain about the PTS, but there is definitely a point at which it is TOO LATE to complain...

Then get rid of some useless gear? There are currently around 280 sets in the game.
      More than 100 are absolutely useless for anyone.
      Let's assume you have 280 sets with 2 Wpns 3 Jewelry and 7 pc of gear then we are looking at 3380 slots.
      I guess you should manage your inventory first before crying about not enough space
    • Emma_Overload
      Emma_Overload
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I have already filled the 480 bank slots and the mount bags. All the spillover is now going into alternate characters, which I HATE doing because you have to log in and out every time... it's excruciating.

Last week I was so desperate that I actually bought enough extra accounts (9 total) to start my own guild and get the guild bank. It took forever because I had to create a new gmail address for each account. To my horror, it turns out you can't put gear in the guild bank! All I could put in there was junk and mats, but I already have the crafting bag for mats.

Just because it's hard for YOU to imagine how someone could need so much space, doesn't mean the problem isn't real. I've been playing ESO for long enough to know that I'm not the only one with this issue either. Some other players have been complaining about it a lot longer.
      #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    • fluffycannibalb16_ESO

If you had as much gear as I do, you wouldn't be saying this. The sheer quantity of gear in this game has increased much faster since launch than the size of our inventories.

Well that's mightily presumptuous of you. But anyway...

I can't imagine needing more than 3 gear/weapon loadouts per character - assuming each loadout is 7 armor, 3 jewellery, 4 weapons, that's 14 per loadout, and with one equipped your two spare ones are taking up 28 inventory slots. With 200 per character, you have plenty of space to store it.
      If your problem is that you're storing a *** ton of gear you never use because you're saving it for a rainy day, then I refer you back to my prior comment about storing too much crap. I've personally "run out" of slots multiple times because of the amount of gear I store away, but then I clear it out and free up space. Yes I've probably deconned a few things that I later wanted to use, but I just went back and earned it again - which is actually pretty simple now that we can trade BoP items and change traits.
      Fluff'ii - EP Sneaky-Cat-People
      Elendil Ellesar - EP Stabby-Stabby-Healer
      Khalisah al-Sinan - EP Fire-Breathing-Shieldy-Person
      Liara Motierre - EP Blinky-Storm-Mage
      Fetches-Fetches-Glitter - EP Lizard-Light-Smasher
      Zevran Demnevanni - EP Sneaky-Vampire-Mage
      Vindictal - EP Evil-necROMANCEr
      Shepard Andersson - EP Smashy-Dragon-Man
      Anduille - EP Cute-Bosmer-Bear-Lover
      Eamhair Eimhir - EP Necro-Poison-Wolf-Girl
      Orlog gro-Morkul - EP Smashy-Sorc-Orc
      Lucien la Malfaisance - EP Book-Beamer
    • riberion
      riberion
      ✭✭✭
      They will be available in game via tel vars and writ vouchers, not just in the crown store. I'm guessing they will increase the number of available chests down the road.

What I don't understand is all the people that expected Skyrim-like chest storage in ESO. Personally, I think 360 slots is awesome, and is honestly more than I expected.
      PC NA
    • Izaki
      Izaki
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      How is it possible to run out of space? I have all needed raid and pvp sets on my characters and still have plenty of space on each character and in my bank. How? I don't hoard useless things.
      @ Izaki #PCEU
      #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
      #MoreDPSthanYou
      #Stamblade
    • Jayne_Doe
      Jayne_Doe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

While I agree on the whole, I would point out that to get that amount, you have to spend 1500 Crowns x 7 character slots for a total of 10,500 Crowns. That's a lot of crowns just for extra space.

Also, on XB it's somewhat inconvenient to get a personal guild bank, since you have to create 9 additional XB accounts, all with an associated email address and password. EDIT - just read another post from the OP that they had to purchase 9 additional accounts and add email addresses, so I guess it's inconvenient on PC, too.

But, all in all, there are lots of space options depending on how much money you want to spend and if you want to use up a guild slot or two (and deal with the inconvenience of setting it up on console). And, I suspect these are just the start. It's my impression that all of these storage containers can be obtained in-game and don't have to be purchased with crowns. So, it's possible there will be additional (and much larger) ones available exclusively from the CS.
      Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 5, 2018 8:20PM
    • kargen27
      kargen27
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Might be time to do some decon, worked wonders for me. Being able to change traits really helped me free up a lot of spots. I was keeping monster sets in every trait I thought I might ever need now I'm down to two each on most of them. Before I cleaned my bags I had 114 rings and no telling how many that were not bound I sent to a 2nd account(need to check I guess). I had enough rattlecage to fully equip five characters and I don't even use that set any longer. So I got rid of some of that.

I'm thinking the housing storage will be a good place to keep all my extra stacks of soul gems and things like that. Doing that will give me a lot of bank space back.
      and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    • Sigtric
      Sigtric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I have already filled the 480 bank slots and the mount bags. All the spillover is now going into alternate characters, which I HATE doing because you have to log in and out every time... it's excruciating.

Last week I was so desperate that I actually bought enough extra accounts (9 total) to start my own guild and get the guild bank. It took forever because I had to create a new gmail address for each account. To my horror, it turns out you can't put gear in the guild bank! All I could put in there was junk and mats, but I already have the crafting bag for mats.

Just because it's hard for YOU to imagine how someone could need so much space, doesn't mean the problem isn't real. I've been playing ESO for long enough to know that I'm not the only one with this issue either. Some other players have been complaining about it a lot longer.

My bags and bank are always full, but I am well aware it is my own fault for hanging onto a bunch of crap I don't really need. There's more than enough storage in the game if the player is willing to utilize it.

Adding more storage doesn't fix the hoarding problem it just allows you to hoard more and come back in 6 months and ask for more storage.
      Edited by Sigtric on January 5, 2018 8:12PM

Show Me Your Dunmer
      [/center]
    • Emma_Overload
      Emma_Overload
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      BohnT wrote: »

Then get rid of some useless gear? There are currently around 280 sets in the game.
      Let's assume you have 280 sets with 2 Wpns 3 Jewelry and 7 pc of gear then we are looking at 3380 slots.
      I guess you should manage your inventory first before crying about not enough space

I manage my inventory just fine, but I'd rather not spend hours a week doing it. Your math is way off, too. For example, take a useful set like Necropotence which I use for both PvP and PvE:

3 Necklaces and 6 RIngs with a variety of enchants like Spell Damage and Cost Reduction.
      3 Inferno staves with various traits, 2 Lightning staves, 1 Frost staff and 2 Resto staves.
      7 armor pieces in Impenetrable, 7 in Divines and 6 in Infused (3 w/Magicka enchants and 3 w/Prismatic).

Add all that together, and you're looking at 37 inventory slots... just for ONE set! That's more for one set than will fit in one of the smaller storage bins that are being introduced.

Needless to say, I have many, many more gear sets for both Magicka and Stamina builds, including dozens of low level "training" sets for leveling new alts. Like I said in the OP, 360 is NOT enough, at least not for me.

Edited by Emma_Overload on January 5, 2018 8:23PM
      #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    • Magdalina
      Magdalina
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Agreed, but do you really need ALL that gear? I mean c'mon, I agree inventory management can be a pain, but with ESO+(you mentioned "thanking them by paying" so I assume paying for sub isn't an issue?) gear is basically all you need all that space for. Well, also potions and alliance war stuff if you PvP. So you have 480 bank slots(account wide), 200 bag slots(per char!), now you'll also have 360 housing slots(which tbh - I am REALLY surprised they actually introduced and did NOT directly shove them in the crown store)...if that much is seriously not enough to store all the gear you feel you need, perhaps it's time to re-think which of that gear you actually need?
    • Agrivar
      Agrivar
      ✭✭✭
      Mureel wrote: »
      Reaction_Overload
      Reaction_Overload

oh shut up seriously. This limit is penny ante and you know it.

Someone call the whaaambulence, we've got another crybaby over here.
      PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
    • Emma_Overload
      Emma_Overload
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean the "crap" ZOS keeps adding? There's about 332 sets in the game alone. Around 55 different motif styles. Only ZOS knows how many furnishings. Recipes. Treasure maps. Surveys. Key Fragments. And some of these you CAN NOT STACK like glyphs, treasure maps and siege weapons. Don't get me wrong, I think we have a lot of space in game as we do but considering all the things I just mentioned, there have been times where my current set gets nerfed and I need to farm for a piece that I already farmed for but because I had no space for it, I broke it down. I have 3 characters I don't play just for storage purposes for sets.

Yes, exactly. And don't forget the Transmutation Geodes, which can't be stacked, but are way too valuable to destroy!
      #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    • Vaoh
      Vaoh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

"So, the first question for any player feeling constricted on inventory ... have you hit 3,840 character and bank slots yet?"

Really?

I don't really agree with the OP but your example here is horrible. Making use of all that space requires you to login on 60 separate days for each of those 15 characters or spend tons of real money to do so. You also have to spend real money on new character slots. Banks need to be upgraded too which is way too pricey for most players. The 360 new housing storage slots are pricey as well. Not realistic at all.

The worst part is that you spread your stuff across all of those different characters requiring you to login/logout a lot of times to move stuff and organize. Plus if you make use of every slot you don't even have the room to play on the character anymore without an inventory mess - due to this many players have "real" characters (which they play) and "pack mule" characters (which are mini-banks). We hoped that housing storage was the solution to that.

People want to have access to their tons of stored items ***without*** having to switch characters a bunch of times before playing the game again. It would make more sense if we could have an unlimited number of those housing storage chests (or at the very least like 10 of each).

Anyway I'm super hyped to see housing storage become a feature. I'm not even sad about there only being 360 slots atm.Just don't go saying we have 3.8K slots already..... it's often completely unrealistic to use even half of those and requires lots of real money to accomplish.
    • Ohtimbar
      Ohtimbar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's larger than a maxed out bank (without eso plus). That's not bad at all, and more than I expected.
      Edited by Ohtimbar on January 5, 2018 8:26PM
      forever stuck in combat
    • rhapsodious
      rhapsodious
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      BohnT wrote: »

I manage my inventory just fine, but I'd rather not spend hours a week doing it. Your math is way off, too. For example, take a useful set like Necropotence which I use for both PvP an PvE:

3 Necklaces and 6 RIngs with a variety of enchants like Spell Damage and Cost Reduction.
      3 Inferno staves with various traits, 2 Lightning staves, 1 Frost staff and 2 Resto staves.
      7 armor pieces in Impenetrable, 7 in Divines and 6 in Infused (3 w/Magicka enchants and 3 w/Prismatic).

Add all that together, and you're looking at 37 inventory slots... just for ONE set! That's more for one set than will fit in one of the smaller storage bins that are being introduced.

Needless to say, I have many, many more gear sets for both Magicka and Stamina builds, including dozens of low level "training" sets for leveling new alts. Like I said in the OP, 360 is NOT enough, at least not for me.

If Necropotence is the set you're most invested in, then sure, I can see that.. although I don't understand why you'd need quite that many variations. But if you're doing that for every potentially useful set, that doesn't sound efficient at all.

And not to dogpile, but why do you need dozens of training sets for low levels? A single set of Hundings/Julianos for every 10 levels does the job. Since you're outleveling them anyway, it's not like you have to be best in slot at level 26.

They can always increase the limit later, but I don't think your use case is indicative of the needs of the general player base.
    • riberion
      riberion
      ✭✭✭
      Why don't you open the Transmutation Geodes so the crystals just go into your currency?

I can't see any reason to be holding onto 37 different pieces of necropotence gear when you can always re enchant or transmute for the trait you want.

More and more this sounds like a personal inventory management problem and not really a larger issue at all.
      PC NA