Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Didn't ZOS say if CP-enabled Battlegrounds are bad, they will revert it? When will that be?

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I see low CP in bgs or open world I just cringe and hope they run away. I have no fun facerolling solo or duo newbies.

I have noticed, if playing objectives, I'm much better off on almy templar healer just tanking damage and not really doing dps. Just sustain and take objectives, no need to really kill anyone. Also I have significantly more matches go to the time limit, I don't think in no-cp I ever had one go the time limit. Now it does, all the time.

Battlegrounds could be great, unfortunately it's not. CP is part of the problem, but their are other gameplay issues there as well. I'd much rather whatever fix it is effect PvP in a whole to improve it then just bgs. While no cp bgs was better, its still bunk to play no CP bgs, then jump into CP open world.

I gotta agree with that last bit too. It does suck jumping between no CP and CP

However, I have never been upset with allies like I do in CP BGs.

There's also players that just stand because they don't want that punishment but know it's already over.

I end up talking more #$&+ about allies than my enemies!!

When one team is more than 400 points ahead of the second team I suggest dance parties at the spawn. Nobody ever agreed to it so I just keep playing (even though I would much rather stand still and let it end).
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    I really didn't get into PvP with my Magplar until Morrowind was announce since I've always enjoyed arena style PvP. I spent a few weeks in Cyrodiil getting hype for the expansion's release. I still wasn't prepared for the small scale engagement.

No major mending and the indirect nerfs to the game "for me" made playing Templar harder. If it wasn't Purifying Light going off, then I wasn't skilled enough to get kills. It wasn't until I saw Braidas play magicka Templar on the YouTubezzz which really encourage me to get better.

Right before we switched to CP I was getting more confident in my role. Then it hit! For someone who had almost no PvP experience prior to Morrowind this was the biggest hurdle. It actually showed me how much I didn't know about mechanics in PvP. More so how CP affects things in Battlegrounds.

No one will die! No one! I exaggerate of course. But the tankiness, even for my Magplar who isn't played as a tank, it's just ridiculous. The groups fights at first seem engaging until a few minutes pass and it's still a 4v4v4 with no one dying, and total lopsided wins or losses. But the worst of it all.......countless matches that are determine by the time limit. Not because it's evenly matched but the more objective based modes not only heavily rely on tanks, but the effectiveness of tanky builds often extends the time to kill but the length of these matched overall. I'm not trying to play just 3 matches an hour. Especially when over half of them are awkward.

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got almost 1k CP. BG was better without Champ points

-that is all
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refuse to play No-CP in BGs or Cyrodiil or anywhere, so if they remove CP Battlegrounds, I'm done with them.

People, there are bigger issues at stake here than Battlegrounds. Players have spent THOUSANDS of hours of their lives grinding CP. ZOS has no business reneging on the Champion System, when paying customers have invested so much into it!

players spent tons of time getting VR that got removed from the game completely.

ZOS can do whatever they like with it really. You may not like that, but that's the case.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-that is all

I'm sitting at 790 now I think and pvp as a whole is much better w/o CP. IMO it should be removed from PVP entirely.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @JWillCHS Didn’t the one you mentioned get banned for cheating?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    @JWillCHS Didn’t the one you mentioned get banned for cheating?

Oh really? La Bradias? That sucks if that was true.
  • TwistedThoughtz
    TwistedThoughtz
    ✭✭✭
    690cp player here, would rather play no cp BGs.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refuse to play No-CP in BGs or Cyrodiil or anywhere, so if they remove CP Battlegrounds, I'm done with them.

People, there are bigger issues at stake here than Battlegrounds. Players have spent THOUSANDS of hours of their lives grinding CP. ZOS has no business reneging on the Champion System, when paying customers have invested so much into it!

You'e right there is a problem... started with the VET system, and got worse with the obvious CP power creep. ZOS was up against a wall, they needed to provide a reason for the player base to continue playing the game... In light of the fact that ZOS could not continue to churn out new content to inspire continued play, they went with the more typical "endless grind" model. Unfortunately it was a stop gap fix, which would result in obvious POWER CREEP problems as players reached the "new horizon"... but why deal with today, what you can put-off with the liberal use of nerfs to keep the appearance of "progression" on the treadmill?

It's been a long time, but I seem to remember that the best part of playing ESO was for the experience it's self, rather than for the endless grind mechanic, and meta roulette.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    690cp player here, would rather play no cp BGs.

That's a bold thing to admit... respect to you.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad this thread still has momentum, as ive completely given up on BG now, the routlette on low CP pugs, the pace shift in gameplay, the total change of BG dynamics have rekt it for me.

Rolled a different region toon in part to play their 1-50 BG to feel the action again and kyne
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Beardimus
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Glad this thread still has momentum, as ive completely given up on BG now, the routlette on low CP pugs, the pace shift in gameplay, the total change of BG dynamics have rekt it for me.

Rolled a different region toon in part to play their 1-50 BG to feel the action again and kyne

Good idea. I might be doing that too now.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on January 3, 2018 2:11PM
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭

-that is all

im almost max now (678) and also say that

also sotha sil player here... vivec sucks
    Edited by Trashs1 on January 4, 2018 9:19AM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    1k+ cp and i want have both modes to choose, with cp and without.
    in non-cp - better performance and class balance. maybe much better.
    with cp - more complex environment for experiments, idk more interesting.
    Both modes but first, separation of premades and pugs.
    Edited by Anethum on January 4, 2018 11:11AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • REdream90
    REdream90
    ✭✭
    CP pvp is the worse unbalanced and boring thing i ever saw in mmorpg. Im 610 CP. Stopped playing BG long time ago. Sotha Sil 1vs1, 1 vs x, zerg vs zerg is still has a lot of problems, but it gives you a lot more fun. I can accept CP Pve, but CP in PvP is a black hole of unbalanced play for 70% casual players.

If you are a casual player, forget about Battlegrounds.
    Edited by REdream90 on January 4, 2018 11:19AM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS never fails to make me laugh. Now they are calling BGs "fast-paced". Well they are definitely not that. Most of the time it's a drag. They should have written "quickly matched" instead, since that was their higher priority.YVRIGf7BRtagGDlsWh0oZQ.png
    That screenshot was taken from the new "Dragon Bones and Update 17" page.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're planning to make Battlegrounds no-CP for all levels in Update 17 (the next big update).

I take everything back! Now it will definitely be fast-paced again. Thanks for the reply and thanks for listening to our feedback!
  • YoshinJaa
    YoshinJaa
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to @ZOS_GinaBruno post?

EDIT: Nevermind it became an Answered post and was shifted to 1st page.
    Edited by YoshinJaa on January 4, 2018 4:33PM
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoCP gameplay is really bad and lacks variety, i used to like nonCP before the changes to sustain, but now is hands down the most boring PvP experience you can get, specially if you don't have a premade group, trying to hold your own vs a team in nonCP is pointless. One dude with cost increase posions is going to make your life imposible, plus having to have specific nonCP builds for each character is a big inconvience.

Is amazing that ZoS just went for nonCP because a couple of dudes cried about it, i hardly belive that more than 10% of the PvP population likes nonCP in the game current state. Have fun playing in empty queues going agaisnt the same stacked team over and over again.
    I wish they enabled separated queues for nonCP and CP so we can see the numbers and end this lie of "everyone likes nonCP"
    Edited by ManDraKE on January 4, 2018 5:34PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're planning to make Battlegrounds no-CP for all levels in Update 17 (the next big update).

Glorious!
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good but I afraid already depopulated bg will become even more empty.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

ofc they will. NonCP is only popular in the forums lol
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

I'm sure ZOS is basing this decision on the numbers they monitored during their "test." I doubt they are only responding to the (overwhelming) support for noCP BGs on the forums.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on January 5, 2018 3:24AM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great news, thanks
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

I'm sure ZOS is basing this decision on the numbers they monitored during their "test." I doubt they area purely responding to the (overwhelming) support for noCP BGs on the forums.

From what I understand is that BGs have always had an awkward reception. Whether it's CP or no-CP; there has always been a group of people in the PvP community who dislike it either way.

But I think ZoS's metric will/has determine which group has a bigger impact on declining player involvement in Battlegrounds. Not only that but which one is going to help grow the game itself[even if the contribution is small].

I still think they need to give every ESO player access to BGs.
    Edited by JWillCHS on January 5, 2018 3:02AM
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THANK YOU!
    Edited by Domander on January 5, 2018 3:24AM
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makes me wonder if more people would be in cyrodiil if there were never a CP version. Can't use no-CP campaign population alone as a comparison considering the hassle of maintaining multiple builds and tuning based around CPs that has happened.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno are you planning to make ALL battlegrounds no cp???
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This game has some great customization. You can get stats from gear, food, champion points, etc. However what that means for me is that I get a portion of my build from Champion points (i.e. Stam Regen, increased damage, etc) and my gear and food etc are all built around the finished bonuses.

When you remove champion points you aren't removing a bit off the top, you are removing one leg from a three legged table! It all falls apart. For me to be able to function in the same way I do in any other content without champion points, I would have to completely re-do all of my gear sets, food setups, potions, etc.

Not going to happen. Champion points do not provide equal increases across all character stats. They become an integral part of the advanced character stats and performance. This can't just be removed without completely changing the ability of certain builds to perform.

NOT THOUGHT OUT WELL AT ALL!

#nomorebattlegrounds
    Edited by Elijah_Crow on January 5, 2018 7:47PM