Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 26, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Didn't ZOS say if CP-enabled Battlegrounds are bad, they will revert it? When will that be?

Ratzkifal
Ratzkifal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I am kind of a forum noob, so I don't really know which ZOS people to tag for this. But I do remember that ... @ZOS_GinaBruno , I think(?), said they would revert the CP change to battlegrounds if it didn't improve the situation. I would argue it just made it all worse, so I am curious if the numbers support that or don't and when ZOS will draw the line and revert the change as promised. Is that line coming? Have we passed it but change is slow? Or are things going just as planned by the developers?

Feel free to tag the actual people who should know and/or provide quotes supporting/refuting this.
This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.

Best Answer

  • Turelus
    Turelus
    Community Ambassador
    Depends if internally they're seeing more people playing or not. If they are then they won't make a change.

    I would personally still like them to offer the options, I realise some No-CP people play CP still regardless but some (like myself) don't even bother now because there is no option at all.

    Cyrodiil works fine with two options and I can't believe the population of no CP battlegrounds is so low it would be impossible to get a group.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    :: Unofficial Forums FAQ :: MissBizz ESO Guides :: AlcastHQ Guides :: Tamriel Foundry Forums :: UESP ESO Page :: ESO Sets :: Woeler Tank Guides :: ESO Community Discord ::
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We're still waiting.

    High Council of The Black.(EU/DC PvE & PvP Guild).
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Turelus Well I for one only barely play Battlegrounds anymore because of it. It's just less fun over all. Might also be caused by the premade groups but I doubt that. Those groups existed already before, so if at all its because you encounter these more often due to the lack of solo players (which I think is caused by the CP change that allows tanks to be viable).
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    Community Ambassador
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Turelus Well I for one only barely play Battlegrounds anymore because of it. It's just less fun over all. Might also be caused by the premade groups but I doubt that. Those groups existed already before, so if at all its because you encounter these more often due to the lack of solo players (which I think is caused by the CP change that allows tanks to be viable).
    The thing is for each one of us who hates it (and vocalises that) there will be those who like it.
    Only ZOS will have the numbers of if this is more people or not, however as I said fighting for the option to choose is a better idea that flip flopping back and forth on what system is chosen. Especially as people are or have purchased Morrowind under the belief it was one type.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    :: Unofficial Forums FAQ :: MissBizz ESO Guides :: AlcastHQ Guides :: Tamriel Foundry Forums :: UESP ESO Page :: ESO Sets :: Woeler Tank Guides :: ESO Community Discord ::
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refuse to play No-CP in BGs or Cyrodiil or anywhere, so if they remove CP Battlegrounds, I'm done with them.

    People, there are bigger issues at stake here than Battlegrounds. Players have spent THOUSANDS of hours of their lives grinding CP. ZOS has no business reneging on the Champion System, when paying customers have invested so much into it!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I like CP PvP much better. There should be an option to queue for CP and no-CP modes, everyone would be happy.
  • lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sort of expect no changes until the next Chapter.
    PC North America since March 2014
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say NO to Crown Crates!
    I collect free, unopened, virgin Crown Crates! 311, so far!

  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gabormezo wrote: »
    Actually I like CP PvP much better. There should be an option to queue for CP and no-CP modes, everyone would be happy.

    Yeah, I would prefer that too but it seems Zenimax doesn't want to have two systems running at the same time (for whatever reason. Performance perhaps?)
    I sort of expect no changes until the next Chapter.

    Same. But it would be good to let us know what they are thinking. I guess that will come along with news about next chapter.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on December 16, 2017 7:22PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I refuse to play No-CP in BGs or Cyrodiil or anywhere, so if they remove CP Battlegrounds, I'm done with them.

    People, there are bigger issues at stake here than Battlegrounds. Players have spent THOUSANDS of hours of their lives grinding CP. ZOS has no business reneging on the Champion System, when paying customers have invested so much into it!

    @Emma_Overload it's completely fine for you to hold the opinion that CP PvP is better. However it is objectively true that the CP system is not conducive to BG PvP. It is supposed to be fast-paced action where everyone runs out of resources and everyone dies. CP has so many problems that get in the way of that it's disgusting. Furthermore I've played thousands of BG's at all different times of day and have never seen you in one - that's not to say you don't play them but I do wonder how much of a leg you have to stand on with your assertion.

    What assertion? You're not even responding to the comment you just quoted, you're just offering your opinion on why you don't like CP in Battlegrounds. I literally BOLDED the phrase "there are bigger issues at stake here than Battlegrounds", and then went on to explain that Champion System represented massive investment in player time, and that ZOS had no business taking CP away from any part of the game.

    Let me be more explicit: I DON'T CARE about the CP vs. No-CP argument! If you want to play No-CP in BGs or Cyrodiil or wherever... THAT'S GREAT, if ZOS offers you the OPTION to do so. What I do care about is that I am able to play with CP in EVERY area of the game. Therefore, ZOS should offer us BOTH the option to play with CP or No-CP. What I am NOT OK with is ZOS taking away the CP option from Battlegrounds based on complaint threads like these or for any other reason.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Depends if internally they're seeing more people playing or not. If they are then they won't make a change.

    I would personally still like them to offer the options, I realise some No-CP people play CP still regardless but some (like myself) don't even bother now because there is no option at all.

    Cyrodiil works fine with two options and I can't believe the population of no CP battlegrounds is so low it would be impossible to get a group.

    I would think Zos would look at the metrics they should have available to determine which has more participation. That would speak much louder than threads in the forums. Not meaning any offense to OP and his opinion and preferences.

    Also, the total participating in both times and more importantly the total that have consistently played in one or the other but not both would help them find if an option for queuing CP or non-CP could be viable. Remember, BGs are not accessible to everyone like Cyrodiil and that will not be changing, well, not if we want Zos to continue to work on new PvP options.
    Edited by idk on December 17, 2017 6:15AM
    Really, idk
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please, please have some look into how stale BG matches are now.

    Us Bg loyal players don't care if you open.them up to all players as base game functionality, just remove CP for the good of all (most - 99%)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus - VR16 (810CP) Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-02-18 - 16-02-18 & Sheogorath 02-05-19 - 07-05-19
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus - Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus - Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

    Fighting for : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Lunar Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | TradersOfNirn2
    Trials : Saviours

    Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus - L40 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets - CP160+ Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I refuse to play No-CP in BGs or Cyrodiil or anywhere, so if they remove CP Battlegrounds, I'm done with them.

    People, there are bigger issues at stake here than Battlegrounds. Players have spent THOUSANDS of hours of their lives grinding CP. ZOS has no business reneging on the Champion System, when paying customers have invested so much into it!

    @Emma_Overload it's completely fine for you to hold the opinion that CP PvP is better. However it is objectively true that the CP system is not conducive to BG PvP. It is supposed to be fast-paced action where everyone runs out of resources and everyone dies. CP has so many problems that get in the way of that it's disgusting. Furthermore I've played thousands of BG's at all different times of day and have never seen you in one - that's not to say you don't play them but I do wonder how much of a leg you have to stand on with your assertion.

    What assertion? You're not even responding to the comment you just quoted, you're just offering your opinion on why you don't like CP in Battlegrounds. I literally BOLDED the phrase "there are bigger issues at stake here than Battlegrounds", and then went on to explain that Champion System represented massive investment in player time, and that ZOS had no business taking CP away from any part of the game.

    Let me be more explicit: I DON'T CARE about the CP vs. No-CP argument! If you want to play No-CP in BGs or Cyrodiil or wherever... THAT'S GREAT, if ZOS offers you the OPTION to do so. What I do care about is that I am able to play with CP in EVERY area of the game. Therefore, ZOS should offer us BOTH the option to play with CP or No-CP. What I am NOT OK with is ZOS taking away the CP option from Battlegrounds based on complaint threads like these or for any other reason.

    It’s awesome that you love cp and all but Apart from being able to survive more in cp there really isn’t a difference build wise, and in no cp fights are faster and for the most part you don’t have to worry about tanks as much as you do in cp so unless you are one of them you should like to play in no cp it’s faster pace and a lot more fun
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    Community Ambassador
    idk wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    Depends if internally they're seeing more people playing or not. If they are then they won't make a change.

    I would personally still like them to offer the options, I realise some No-CP people play CP still regardless but some (like myself) don't even bother now because there is no option at all.

    Cyrodiil works fine with two options and I can't believe the population of no CP battlegrounds is so low it would be impossible to get a group.

    I would think Zos would look at the metrics they should have available to determine which has more participation. That would speak much louder than threads in the forums. Not meaning any offense to OP and his opinion and preferences.

    Also, the total participating in both times and more importantly the total that have consistently played in one or the other but not both would help them find if an option for queuing CP or non-CP could be viable. Remember, BGs are not accessible to everyone like Cyrodiil and that will not be changing, well, not if we want Zos to continue to work on new PvP options.
    I agree with the access and I think this is another place ZOS dropped the ball. They should have sold BG as a stand alone and not used it to make Morrowind appealing to PvP folk.

    We already have the dilution of those who own Morrowind vs those who don't, then who owns HotR, then CP vs non-CP, soon who owns 2018 dungeon pack vs who doesn't. It's just going to get worse as more parts of it are locked behind new content paywalls.

    I get that ZOS wants to sell the BG maps, and I even supported some things above in the past now however I see issues with this going forward.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    :: Unofficial Forums FAQ :: MissBizz ESO Guides :: AlcastHQ Guides :: Tamriel Foundry Forums :: UESP ESO Page :: ESO Sets :: Woeler Tank Guides :: ESO Community Discord ::
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I refuse to play No-CP in BGs or Cyrodiil or anywhere, so if they remove CP Battlegrounds, I'm done with them.

    People, there are bigger issues at stake here than Battlegrounds. Players have spent THOUSANDS of hours of their lives grinding CP. ZOS has no business reneging on the Champion System, when paying customers have invested so much into it!

    So far I've seen you and one other take this stance. And the rest of us the opposite.

    Let me give context however. I hated the idea BG was no-CP, like you. I wanted my progression to mean something. I didn't want to make.new gear for BG specifically.

    ut I wanted to play small scale. So I got MW ad played them, and I was amazed at the action. Fast paced, intense and a breath of fresh air from Vivec something different and better.

    I assumed it was just the Battleground pace / maps / tactics. That is until CP dropped and the fights became as Vivec, slug tests. The pace has slowed and become zerh warfare with matches now going this distance. It's ruined them.

    If you didn't play before, then you can't comment on that as you won't know. The rest of us, BG loyal from launch, can comment as we have tried both.

    It's that different I'm now interested in playing Sotha Sil and encouraging groups in as honestly no-CP has a refreshing pace.

    Don't knock it.till you have tried it, and the proof is in the feedback. Most players before have left, low CP players have left. And those needing the CP crutch that first cane over have started to dwindle now.

    Besides you and 1 other that's 2 voices I've heard would leave if CP went. Yet I know of at least 30+ on here alone that have left cos of CP. Forum isn't a guide of overall pop in particular on console, but it's representative.

    I've played No-CP, and it's horrible for Sorcs because your shields are tiny and the moment you get focused by more than one player you are dead. This is why you only hear about Sorcs hiding in the bushes and stealing kills with Fury in Battlegrounds. Battlegrounds already have numerous problems, principally the premade vs. randoms problem, but that has nothing to do with CP. Taking away CP only makes these problems worse because it hinders you from adapting a build to try to address these problems.

    You guys make it sound like I'm the only person with a different point of view, but you are obviously wrong because what about all those "unkillable tank" builds you guys are complaining about? Where do THEY fit into this argument? I'll tell you exactly what's going on. Those guys are using gear and CP and various strategies to avoid being focused and stomped. Yeah, I understand that it's not as much "fun" for the pro players that they can't murder those guys in 2 seconds like they can in No-CP, but as far as I'm concerned, their builds and playstyles are a legitimate response to the circumstances of Battlegrounds.

    Furthermore, all the problems that you guys are complaining about regarding CP exist Cyrodiil and IC, too, they're just not as obvious as they are in BGs. ZOS needs to figure out a way to address these issues (unkillable tanks, etc.) without taking away players' progression in any part of the game.

    Edited by Emma_Overload on December 17, 2017 8:56AM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Paganini
    Paganini
    ✭✭✭
    I also think that the no-cp were better. Just check the rankings since cp's are activated.. Nr1: always 100k+ points, Nr50: always between 10-20k. There is a huge span, that shows only a few ppl are playing BG's anymore. (PC-EU)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a Sorc, and only play a sorc in BG and have to say the opposite. As a DPS No-CP is ten times better for Sorcs and DPS in general. You are the first DPS / Sorc I've heard to say CP is better, its quite a surprise!!

    The people that gain right now are those stacking defence and are hard to kill, thus slowing game play and changing the dynamic. The more organised players dominate more in CP as many dont know how to properly assign CP even.

    CP is skewed towards defence that's the bigger issue with CP.

    Pre-made vs Pug was a problem from launch, and I was vocal on that. But as I improved I realised many Pugs look like pre-Mades because they are just good players working well.

    CP has changed the pace dynamic. It's not about me being better or worse or surviving more or less which seems to be your argument, more around how well you do. I do well in both but in NO-CP the action is ten times better and more suited to small scale, feisty matches.

    This doesn't need to be an extension of vivec. It's short, fast action, not drawn out 5 minute Zerg ball tests like it is now. That's for Cyrodiil.

    You are right the problems exist in Cyrodiil too but this isn't about then Battlegrounds were a refreshing change to that as they worked. And were something new. Now they are the same feel and that's not cool. It's also not healthy

    Sure to your point the CP crutch unkillables have rocked up, absent names before. But we have lost the purist BG players from before and more so the CP10-400/450 players who hate it now as they get stomped.

    It feels like you didn't get on well in no-cp and so are blaming that. I'm talking bigger picture about how BG fit in and it being something different for the game.

    Either way you win right now as CP is on. Hopefully for us that were loyal to BG from launch they will turn off. Or as a post said yesterday they offer choice in the queue, but that could hurt pop.

    However id happily have BG go free to all to fix that, and remain no-cp for the action and increased pop of lower CP players. Done.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus - VR16 (810CP) Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-02-18 - 16-02-18 & Sheogorath 02-05-19 - 07-05-19
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus - Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus - Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

    Fighting for : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Lunar Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | TradersOfNirn2
    Trials : Saviours

    Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus - L40 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets - CP160+ Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    Depends if internally they're seeing more people playing or not. If they are then they won't make a change.

    I would personally still like them to offer the options, I realise some No-CP people play CP still regardless but some (like myself) don't even bother now because there is no option at all.

    Cyrodiil works fine with two options and I can't believe the population of no CP battlegrounds is so low it would be impossible to get a group.

    I would think Zos would look at the metrics they should have available to determine which has more participation. That would speak much louder than threads in the forums. Not meaning any offense to OP and his opinion and preferences.

    Also, the total participating in both times and more importantly the total that have consistently played in one or the other but not both would help them find if an option for queuing CP or non-CP could be viable. Remember, BGs are not accessible to everyone like Cyrodiil and that will not be changing, well, not if we want Zos to continue to work on new PvP options.
    I agree with the access and I think this is another place ZOS dropped the ball. They should have sold BG as a stand alone and not used it to make Morrowind appealing to PvP folk.

    We already have the dilution of those who own Morrowind vs those who don't, then who owns HotR, then CP vs non-CP, soon who owns 2018 dungeon pack vs who doesn't. It's just going to get worse as more parts of it are locked behind new content paywalls.

    I get that ZOS wants to sell the BG maps, and I even supported some things above in the past now however I see issues with this going forward.

    Considering how someone who just wants to PvP can get off playing this game on the cheap I understand Zos bundling BGs into Morrowind.

    Those that want to BG will purchase it. Besides, it keeps out the riff raff, lol
    Really, idk
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is currently testing CP BGs. Soon, they will have plenty of data on both CP and non-CP BGs.

    Next, it would make sense for ZOS to test offering a CP queue and a Non-CP queue at the same time. Only then would they know if the player base can support this split. One would have to expect that the total number of players in BGs would be greater if they offered this split as to would draw in all the folks who will only do one or the other. Each separate queue would likely be smaller, but as long as each are getting matches, who cares?

    @ZOS_GinaBruno, any chance we could see this test?
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • ajaxtheboss
    ajaxtheboss
    ✭✭
    I enjoy BG with and without CP, without too much bias, I believe no-cp BG had more people playing with the wait to queue being around 5 seconds even at non-prime time. With CP BG I've had to wait upwards of 2-3 minutes non-prime time.

    Now, in my personal opinion, cp brought the ukillable tanks into BG. Everyone wears heavy armor with a ton of cp into healong received and healing done and heal crits. So objective oriented game modes are just a drag if there's one. Now if you face a premade team of heavy armor users spamming vigor on each other and can't even drop their health bars.. well. Good luck.

    I know non-cp bg had a meta of magsorcs, but at least there was more variety in all class builds.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think, removing cp now will not remove the balance problem anyway.
    In some things its good, that its with cp now, to get good picture of how unbalanced it is and what need to he done to improve this.
    good nursery to investigate issues.
    But, it should be a choice here, options in group finder to play with or without for players.
    Freedom to choose, hope they will add both modes to battlegrounds
    Edited by Anethum on December 30, 2017 6:43AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got, "this is my first time," from a group of mid level CPs.

    Due to the change, my response was, "BGs are for veterans"

    Until it's noCP, I will continue to hate every sub 500 BG PuG. You don't belong here

    They belong in BGs. Just... on the other team.
    PC NA - Thogard / Sir Thogalot / Thoggy Boi jr / Thogaine / El Thogardo

    twitch.tv/ThogardPvP
  • paallterrain148
    When I see low CP in bgs or open world I just cringe and hope they run away. I have no fun facerolling solo or duo newbies.

    I have noticed, if playing objectives, I'm much better off on almy templar healer just tanking damage and not really doing dps. Just sustain and take objectives, no need to really kill anyone. Also I have significantly more matches go to the time limit, I don't think in no-cp I ever had one go the time limit. Now it does, all the time.

    Battlegrounds could be great, unfortunately it's not. CP is part of the problem, but their are other gameplay issues there as well. I'd much rather whatever fix it is effect PvP in a whole to improve it then just bgs. While no cp bgs was better, its still bunk to play no CP bgs, then jump into CP open world.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I see low CP in bgs or open world I just cringe and hope they run away. I have no fun facerolling solo or duo newbies.

    I have noticed, if playing objectives, I'm much better off on almy templar healer just tanking damage and not really doing dps. Just sustain and take objectives, no need to really kill anyone. Also I have significantly more matches go to the time limit, I don't think in no-cp I ever had one go the time limit. Now it does, all the time.

    Battlegrounds could be great, unfortunately it's not. CP is part of the problem, but their are other gameplay issues there as well. I'd much rather whatever fix it is effect PvP in a whole to improve it then just bgs. While no cp bgs was better, its still bunk to play no CP bgs, then jump into CP open world.

    I gotta agree with that last bit too. It does suck jumping between no CP and CP

    However, I have never been upset with allies like I do in CP BGs.

    There's also players that just stand because they don't want that punishment but know it's already over.

    I end up talking more #$&+ about allies than my enemies!!
    Gamer tag: ShenronNacht NA Xbox One
    1100+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er
Sign In or Register to comment.