Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove immobilize immunity from forward momentum

• Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Domander wrote: »
    SO, I'm guessing you're one of those root spammers or a very salty mDk, which one is it?

Neither, you don't have anything constructive to add? That's a shame.

Roots are pretty well balanced after the bombard changes and the immunity after a dodge roll was added.

Roots and snares are far from beeing well ballanced. If they would then Your QQ abour Forward Momentum wouldnt exist. You know perfectly that roots and snares are too strong hence You perfectly know this is the reason why skill that can counter it is strong also. You wouldnt complain about counter to weak controlling effects. Forward Momentum isnt the problem it's just result of snares and roots beeing overpowered and problematic in current state of the game.

Zenimax should implement 4+ seconds immunity to snares and root if currently applied snare or root will finish it duration and minor/major category for snares long time ago. 2 seconds immobilize immunity after dodge is laughable half baked solution. It's sick that someone can constantly keep root/snare on enemie that basicly makes this person target practice.

You know what is really sick? with forward momentum and an expedition pot you can have the same effect of rapid maneuver while using all your abilities.

Maybe you would prefer it to be balanced in the same way as rapid maneuver? I wouldn't, but if you all keep insisting....

You actually compare skill that was main tool for zergs to skill that works for 1 player.

It's the only other ability that gives long term snare/root immunity and speed. (shuffle will be difficult to keep the immunity active so it's not really comparable) .... and it's always been balanced by it wearing off if you attack.

It was ballanced to fade away when You attack because it was AoE with 30 seconds immunity+speed buff. Here You have 8 seconds single target immunity buff. How can You even compare 30 seconds to 8 calling them both "long term" ones is beyond me. You are comparing skills that shouldnt be compared like I mentioned earlier it's like comparing old Purge to current Extended Ritual. Yes both do similar thing but under so different conditions that comparing both is pointless.

If you want to go this route, fine. The point of bringing up rapid maneuver was to illustrate how powerful it is, NOT comparing the abilities. If you want to actually compare these abilities then you need to also acknowledge the fact that the snare/root immunity on forward momentum is also a secondary effect of the morph.

also it's spelled "balanced", I assumed it was a typo at first but it's the second time I've seen you spell it that way.
    Edited by Domander on January 4, 2018 5:57AM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe I need to clarify, I think it should keep the 8 second snare immunity.

Immobilize is a different mechanic.

There's a lot of posts too focused on snares.
    I can't deal with this bias. Its clear you just want to rootspam in stead of learning how to properly kite your opponent. Stop suggesting ridiculous changes like this. You obviously have only taken one perspective into consideration: your own. Please take a look at the bigger picture.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? Roots are strong enough as is. They don't need a buff.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

I can't deal with this bias. Its clear you just want to rootspam in stead of learning how to properly kite your opponent. Stop suggesting ridiculous changes like this. You obviously have only taken one perspective into consideration: your own. Please take a look at the bigger picture.

properly kite? LOL

also, on I use forward momentum on more than one character, and have done so for a very long time.
    Edited by Domander on January 4, 2018 7:54AM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

properly kite? LOL

also, on I use forward momentum on more than one character, and have done so for a very long time.
    Yes. And since you are suggesting the removal of root immunity from FM, you must suck at it.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it would be more of a heavy armor nerf than a buff to roots.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

properly kite? LOL

Yes. And since you are suggesting the removal of root immunity from FM, you must suck at it.

You can't kite in this game, you can slow them down... you know.. if you can root them... because gap closers.

If you mean using LoS, that's not kiting.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

properly kite? LOL

You can't kite in this game, you can slow them down... you know.. if you can root them... because gap closers.

I'm not going to explain to you how to utilize your classes skills to be able to kite, escape and give yourself time to recover before the next attack.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

properly kite? LOL

I'm not going to explain to you how to utilize your classes skills to be able to kite, escape and give yourself time to recover before the next attack.

That's good, because I question your ability to do so...
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P. Yet another "nerf this, nerf that"thread. L 2 P.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What a *** thread.

WTB some modicum of dealing with roots/snares on DK without some sacrifice. (Mist is cancer)

Templars can purge.
    Sorcs can streak.
    NBs can shade.
    Wardens can FM.
    DKs can try.

But thats about it.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shuffle got tied to 5 medium only (quite rightly) and now Momentum is OP???
    PC EU
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it would be more of a heavy armor nerf than a buff to roots.

Heavy users aren't the only ones that run FM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just no.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

properly kite? LOL

Well there goes your credibility.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SO, I'm guessing you're one of those root spammers or a very salty mDk, which one is it?

Neither, you don't have anything constructive to add? That's a shame.

Roots are pretty well balanced after the bombard changes and the immunity after a dodge roll was added.

Honestly, your OP didn't add anything constructive either. Merely stating what you find challenging and how you want it needed.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    I think there is actually a problem with Forward Momentum: it is a singular way to remove snares and immobilizations from the game tied to a certain skill line.

I would actually argue that we need more ways to remove snares/immobilizations that would unlock it beyond people who are willing to use 2H or become a vampire. Snares and immobilizations are already ridiculously strong (requiring you to run said skills in the first place). We need more options for snare/root immunity.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    this wouldn't be an issue, but we can only use 5 skills and an ultimate...

if you're looking for something to complain about, start there.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    I think there is actually a problem with Forward Momentum: it is a singular way to remove snares and immobilizations from the game tied to a certain skill line.

I would actually argue that we need more ways to remove snares/immobilizations that would unlock it beyond people who are willing to use 2H or become a vampire. Snares and immobilizations are already ridiculously strong (requiring you to run said skills in the first place). We need more options for snare/root immunity.

While I agree, I think we should wait for zos changes to making ranged combat more prominent and changes to gap closers before deciding on adding more snare removal options.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Rip heavy armor Stam builds. Root, root, root, Rooter root, give her the ol root, give him the ol root. Root root root.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kode wrote: »

Finally forward momentum is overpowered. 20 seconds of immunity is way too much,

Forward momentum gives major brutality and 20 seconds... it is too much.

That isn’t what the skill does. Read the tool tip before making uninformed comments.
  • Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭

If he is he must not be good anyway because petrify immobilizes and STUNS which isnt stopped by foward momentum making whip procable and enemy player cc'd.
  • Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    As much as it pains my achy breaky magDK heart, root removal is necessary. If not, the last remaining counter to zergs/groups (mobility) is gone.

Again use petrify stun holds till x damage or 20 seconds mist away
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    As much as it pains my achy breaky magDK heart, root removal is necessary. If not, the last remaining counter to zergs/groups (mobility) is gone.

Again use petrify stun holds till x damage or 20 seconds mist away

It was a joke. As said "root removal is necessary."

Also @OP heavy doesn't need a nerf. God *** damn it. Its the worse choice on mag, and only good on stam due to 7th/fury and med/dodging sucking. The stupid crying god it blanket nerfed.
    Edited by ak_pvp on January 5, 2018 5:29PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you think the ability to force someone to spend over 2500 stamina every 2 seconds or lose all mobility is balanced then you’re nuts
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove immobilize immunity from forward momentum, keep the snare immunity, extend the immunity duration.

I think this would help balance out the heavy armor 2h *immune to everything* builds.

No no no,

Currently it is really tough to choose forward momentum over rally and vice-versa.

If you nerf forward momentum then all stam players will switch back to rally + shuffle.

I just hope ZOS will add some root immunity options to magica classes - as they cannot roll dodge and they have no shuffle nor forward momentum.
    Also mag players have no speed.

That's where ZOS need to be focusing - properly balance mag and stam builds in PVP.

Edited by Didgerion on January 5, 2018 6:27PM
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

this^ lol