Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dolmen Named Bosses

HollowSaudade
Are named bosses totally random, or is there some kind of formula to follow when looking for them? I've heard that they have a higher chance of spawning if there's more people currently in the dolmen, but I have no idea if that's true. And if it is, would that count for any time prior to the boss dropping? And what are the numbers that effect it?
Also, I'd heard both that there's a named boss specific to each dolmen, and also that any could show up at any given time at any dolmen.
I've just gotten a lot of conflicting information. So I'm curious if anyone actually knows/has experienced anything that could set some records straight.
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no special trick to it. There's roughly a 10% chance a general will spawn at a dolmen regardless of the number of players there or whether or not the pinions are all closed before/after enemies stop spawning in or anything like that.

In the regular, non veteran level areas each map zone (excluding Auridon, Stonefalls and Glenumbra. Generals never spawn there) will have four specific generals that are fixed to spawn specifically in that region. In the veteran level zones it gets a bit more random as any general can spawn in any zone. Same with Cyrodiil, any general at any dolmen.

http://tamrieljournal.com/eso-general-executioner-daedric-red-dye-guide/

Edited by Fruitmass on March 3, 2016 6:30PM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As @Fruitmass said above, it's just random. Just keep going from Dolmen to Dolmen, eventually you'll get them all (kind of like a more lethal version of Pokemon... lol).

On my Main Dunmer Sorcerer, I only have something like... five left? Just keep running Dolmen, they'll show up. :)

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are named bosses totally random, or is there some kind of formula to follow when looking for them?

EDIT Did not refresh the page before answering.....

Its not quite random depending on where you are. In the leveling zones, there are 4 generals for each zone starting with the second. You will only get those 4. In the Caldwells Silver and Gold, you get a chance for anyone of the 16 at a dolmen in any of the zones. Not sure what happens in Cyrodiil, probably the pool of 16 again

http://tamrieljournal.com/eso-general-executioner-daedric-red-dye-guide/

Edited by Nestor on March 3, 2016 8:07PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But it helps if you wear a cap sideways IRL.
  • ForlornBeliever
    I'm pretty sure that in the regular areas, each general does have a specific dolmen. I've fought the same general 4 times at one of them on different occasions.
    Leader of the Bloodborne Rogues. Werewolf looking for a pack or want to be a werewolf? Or just looking for teammates to take on Tamriel's baddies? Feel free to message me if you have questions or are interested in joining. Xbox One/NA Server
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that in the regular areas, each general does have a specific dolmen. I've fought the same general 4 times at one of them on different occasions.

Nah, it's still RNG. Its just in leveling zones you only have 4 in the pool, so you have decent chance of repeating a General in those zones.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• HollowSaudade
    I see. Thank you guys! That actually helps a lot.
    Especially the sideways cap thing. Man, they started showing up like crazy.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pushing this old topic. I remember this and everything was right. I am trying to farm those boss-achievements now, but i met the 3 ogrim brothers in rift as pact player, my home alliance. Is it now totally random? ogrim brothers should be deshaan?

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Invoca
    Invoca
    ✭✭✭
    Think it is, I've almost got the achievement after doing only Deshaan dolmens during the Halloween event.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    But it helps if you wear a cap sideways IRL.

Or if RNGjesus loves you.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pushing this old topic. I remember this and everything was right. I am trying to farm those boss-achievements now, but i met the 3 ogrim brothers in rift as pact player, my home alliance. Is it now totally random? ogrim brothers should be deshaan?

@Dont_do_drugs , it's a necro so prob will get locked soon, however afaik it's now different. They all spawn absolutely at any dolmen, however they seem to have a preference to the bosses you're missing(I think it's also been in some patch notes a while ago). If there's 50 people zerging a dolmen this probably won't be of much help but if you're doing it alone, seems you actually have pretty high chances of getting the boss(es) you need(assuming you get one at all).
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wont ever understand the necromancing thingi. actually i would have thought, if someone starts searching for dolmen boss achievements, he will come to this thread at first, it was also in my google search the first forums thread i got. so actually then he gets wrong information, since nobody mentioned a change here. then the rules say - check the forum wether there are already threads for ur problem. and then it says: dont necromance. its funy tho - i thought, even if necromancing, its more usefull to write it here - since as said, its the first thread i got while searching and its the right topic. i understand the necromancing problem about solved problems, solved bugs and other stuff - so i only had best intentions. thanks all for ur answers :)

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The "Don't do thread necromancy" thing kinda depends.

Raise a thread for a valid comment regarding an ongoing issue, you should be okay.

Raise a thread for a "me too" or a reply to someone's question from three years ago, not so much.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to create confusion by disputing other posts, but with One Tamriel (patch 2.6.0) the dolmen system changed. Generals are no longer bound by zone, and any dolman can spawn any general.

The patch says players in area affect the general spawns. I take this to mean that the system tries to favor dropping a general that people need the achievement for. Regardless, if there are more players it should make a general more likely.

Running with the alikr dolman Zerg might be a good way to get this achievement. You do them so fast they’re bound to pop up.

From the patch:

Dark Anchors
    Added new monsters to Molag Bal’s dark army, including Grievous Twilight and Xivkyn.
    Every zone can now spawn any of Molag Bal’s Generals.
    Visuals and combat ability sets for some Generals has been improved.
    Achievements from players involved with an anchor are now taken into account when Generals spawn.
    Every Anchor now spawns Daedra of all types.
    Daedra now arrive in waves, and any arriving Daedra now deal damage where they land.
    The reward chest for completing an Anchor has been made more visible.
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you run solo then when a general shows up it will be much more likely to be one you need. If you run with a group it will possibly choose a general needed by someone else.
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)