Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

News about 3.3 patch?

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that when sneaking into an adjacent zone through gaps in the map that the zone that is entered is not really an active game zone, regardless of whether it is in development or finished. At least, the ones I have been to or seen pictures of.

There are no players there. The zones aren't finished. Not everything is there. Nothing works. The terrain doesn't even always match. They are placeholders only. It looks like every zone is a separate map that really only contains the finished map for that zone plus some placeholder maps for adjacent zones. I figure it is some copy-paste artifact from how they generate new zones so that they get placement right and things appear to line up along the borders.

Going from Auridon to Summerset is probably going to show the Summerset placeholder from when they created Auridon. It is possible that this has not changed since 2012 or 2013, and might bear no resemblance to anything they are working on today. There is no reason for them to update the Auridon map to include the latest Summerset development. It could be that they originally planned to do a Summerset Isle years ago and stopped.

One of the things I commented on during Morrowind PTS: If you stand on the far southern end of Vivec City and look towards Stonefalls, you will not see it. You will see land, but you will not see the Stonefalls that you can go to. For whatever reason, when they made Vvardenfell they did not create a copy of Stonefalls so that it appeared to be there across the water. Likewise, the Vvardenfell that we can see from Davon's Watch is not the Vvardenfell that actually exists. This serves as a reminder that the adjacent zones are just placeholders. Facades. Not the real zone.

(edit: and this lack of surrounding zones in Vvardenfell might also be why Solsteim is not there)
    Edited by Elsonso on December 13, 2017 11:43AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm aware of this, we were always able to see Summerset mountains when looking west from Auridon, and we are able to see telvanni peninsula when looking east from Tel Galen, even it's mere placeholders. I was wondering how people did manage to reach these placeholders without dying (maybe illegal means? :p) and then read what the devs left there
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on December 13, 2017 12:08PM
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • menschikov2
    menschikov2
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acqx1cQIZGs
    Here is an example how some People can come to places out of map. Found this in the german forum^^
  • Patro
    Patro
    ✭✭✭
    I hope ZOS will give us the new patch on PTS as Christmas present
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cba.jpg

But next year
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks that way. I was sort of expecting something to drop this week to tease us, but ZOS is taking their end-of-year break seriously this time.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks that way. I was sort of expecting something to drop this week to tease us, but ZOS is taking their end-of-year break seriously this time.

We were already teased by Dragons Bones dlc.
    Think on 1st week we will get official preview of dlc and on 2nd week - pts.
  • Emperorsplishy
    If you swim to the main Summerset Island from Auridon the only things written on the floor are 'Group bosses', 'Dark Anchors', 'Vignette' and 'Way'.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

We were already teased by Dragons Bones dlc.
    Think on 1st week we will get official preview of dlc and on 2nd week - pts.

That is already old news, and obviously enough for them for the remainder of the year.

I am expecting a PTS drop early in 2018 and figured they would release an article (pre-written, waiting for someone to push the "post" button) about one of the NPCs or something like that.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping for a PTS in the next couple of weeks, which would place the release of Update 17 around mid-February time. Everything points towards "very early" this year, so we can hope!
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last year the Homestead update was published on the PTS on January 3rd. Thus I hope for the next DLC to be published on the PTS in the next couple days, not weeks ;-)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311346/homestead-on-the-pts/p1
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Last year the Homestead update was published on the PTS on January 3rd. Thus I hope for the next DLC to be published on the PTS in the next couple days, not weeks ;-)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311346/homestead-on-the-pts/p1

3rd last year was a tuesday, which is usually the day PTS updates. So for this year i'd say either today or one week from now.
    Edited by Sharee on January 2, 2018 1:43PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

3rd last year was a tuesday, which is usually the day PTS updates. So for this year i'd say either today or one week from now.

Given that there is maintenance on all platforms/megaservers planned for tomorrow, there is a high chance we will get the PTS today! Isn't it @ZOS_GinaBruno ? :wink:
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Given that there is maintenance on all platforms/megaservers planned for tomorrow, there is a high chance we will get the PTS today! Isn't it ZOS_GinaBruno ? :wink:

Probably not this week.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Given that there is maintenance on all platforms/megaservers planned for tomorrow, there is a high chance we will get the PTS today! Isn't it ZOS_GinaBruno ? :wink:

Probably not this week.

3579466-image.png
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭

Probably not this week.

3579466-image.png

***... i was like "yay new pts where is my popcorn"^^
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭

Probably not this week.

3579466-image.png

So much for "early (very early)". I wasn't expecting that to only be a Crown Store Showcase unveiling during that "very early", but I shouldn't have been at all surprised.

People in relation to this game and even other things be all about keeping me waiting. I only get really stressed when left hanging by a thread on something for literal months.

That being said, at least I shouldn't have to wait quite months to learn details of what is coming that so concerns those who care about how their character looks, because I am very aesthetic, and am very anxiously hoping it is as big as they let on, like say, converting any of your equipment (or at least the Armor...) to any known style for that piece...
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We will probably see the next DLC on PTS in January.

Correct, the first week of January debut of PTS Q1 material is in line with last year’s timeline.

Likely not much on content ... but likely high on QoL (read: transmog).

Looks like I was totally wrong, then. lol

But the update is appreciated all the same. Thanks!
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I think last time we got the PTS around mid january. They will show off stuff today and we might even already get it next week.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Some good improvement seems to be coming, I do had hope a new difficulty level was coming up with dungeon DLC but overall the change coming seems to be in line of what the future should hold.

I do wonder about no-cp battleground though, is it going to be back ? I've been avoiding those for a while now that I feel the cancer of cp powercreep have gotten into them :sweat_smile:
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Some good improvement seems to be coming, I do had hope a new difficulty level was coming up with dungeon DLC but overall the change coming seems to be in line of what the future should hold.

I do wonder about no-cp battleground though, is it going to be back ? I've been avoiding those for a while now that I feel the cancer of cp powercreep have gotten into them :sweat_smile:

Yes. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    I think last time we got the PTS around mid january. They will show off stuff today and we might even already get it next week.

My thoughts exactly , mid feb pc release end feb consoles
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. :)

Still Glorious!
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No news about the Vulkan API client :( Guess it's still way too work in progress?
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn @ZOS_GinaBruno is going to drown in love after the new patch hits the PTS.

(just don't forget the other hard worker ZOS employees)
  • Ultionis
    Ultionis
    ✭✭
    I might be thinking to much into this, but I'll be checking pts. Does anything think when it comes to this outfit changer, if a slot of gear is left blank will the game give the user the appearance as if there is nothing worn? Example being no gear on the body so the player will be shirtless on the outfit only. If it does then this appearance changer reminds me of what was used in SWTOR, not a fan of the game but a very smart outfit maker. Looking forward to the update ZOS, you guys at the live stream.
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good improvement seems to be coming, I do had hope a new difficulty level was coming up with dungeon DLC (...)

@potirondb16_ESO
    Are you talking about a difficulty level above the Veteran? Are you crazy? This is totally unnecessary! Besides, we already have Hard Mode. If in the Veteran Dungeons, we get purple items, what do you want with a new difficulty level? Golden items on every boss? Do you just want difficulty? Like I said, there is Hard Mode. The last boss is enough.. Also, here is not World of Warcraft. This "3 Difficulties System" was one of the things that are killing WoW. Don't want to bring it here, please!
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @joaaocaampos , it really does depends on your point of view and what your experience may've been inside ESO, but my logic in favor of a third difficulty level is the following.

# 1 - HM raiding, Veteran DLC content, Veteran DLC raid, is out of reach for the average player while group content, DLC included, is too easy for the end-game player

# 2 - Bringing any easier content inside DLC will ruin the progression experience of those who've succeed the previous test

# 3 - Bringing any harder content inside DLC will ruin the experience of those who simply want to appreciate the content and will ruins random normal group at some point if the difficulty of the normal mode isn't in sync with the other normal

So here's where I stand, I would like for all the DLC raid, and all the veteran DLC dungeon to be a little bit turn down so that more player could enjoy it. While doing so I would had a permanent HM system (remaining through the dungeon/raid) for those who want to have a little bit more fun with it. And I would not be scare to add a reward which could be special glyph for those willing to test their might.

That's where I stand

P.S. Maybe a special 4th material you can craft with your own craftable glyph and that would not work inside pvp //

Such glyph may include :
    - The item holding this glyph will now be count as if you were holding two 2 pieces of that item set
    - Add +129 spell/weapon damage to any glyph you create
    - Add +1 250 spell resistance to any glyph you create
    - Add + 1 500 fire damage on weapon glyph
    - Increase the efficiency of you glyph by 10/15/20 %
    - Etc.

BTW, I wouldn't mind for Gold Jewellery coming from the last boss of a persistent HM dungeon would you ?
    Edited by potirondb16_ESO on January 5, 2018 6:06PM
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will come next Monday.
  • Mackin365
    Mackin365
    Some good improvement seems to be coming, I do had hope a new difficulty level was coming up with dungeon DLC (...)

@potirondb16_ESO
    Are you talking about a difficulty level above the Veteran? Are you crazy? This is totally unnecessary! Besides, we already have Hard Mode. If in the Veteran Dungeons, we get purple items, what do you want with a new difficulty level? Golden items on every boss? Do you just want difficulty? Like I said, there is Hard Mode. The last boss is enough.. Also, here is not World of Warcraft. This "3 Difficulties System" was one of the things that are killing WoW. Don't want to bring it here, please!

******************************************************************************************************************
    Day 1 players opinion

The normal dungeons and some of the vets are to easy since they nerfed them. When you do a random or group Q you almost always get some jerk sorc/dk that runs ahead trying to solo and agro everything or that same a-hole q's as a tank or healer to jump the wait time of the Q when their not really playing that role.

Another thing is when the vet is easy- how many times do you even get to do hard mode in random or group Q because usually that same sorc/ dk a-hole will run up an agro boss b4 you read book. Way to go cool guy!!!!!!

Q takes so long for DPS they are hesitant to kick the healer or tank even if they are not there for that role, which often results in me leaving group and having to wait 10 mins to re q then practice repeat took 5 attempts to do a dungeon the other day.

Man do any of you remember how difficult DSA was b4 the nerf and b4 it was level 16? Even the norm was a slight challenge, now you can 2 man it.

Since I am complaining the change to my repentance is a killer, got healers and tanks refusing to take it off and my Stamplar suffers as a result cuz their stilling my souls and I get no stamina back from their use. In my opinion it is the lamest change to a skill yet hands down.

Black Desert looks good and or Red Dead Redemption ESO will be off my radar soon just feel obligated at this point after all the coin I have thrown at them.

Edited by Mackin365 on January 5, 2018 10:31PM