Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PvE Stamblade Help 2

hyuntaenoh1
Hi all, I made a thread like this before regarding my DW/Bow NB. However I found that I dislike DW, and I found that 2H is much more satisfying for me. So I have made a new build, plz rate the build.

Wood Elf

2H Bar:
Reverse Slice
Ambush
Surprise Attack
Rally
Power Extraction
Incapicating Strike

Bow Bar:
Endless Hail
Venom Arrow
Vigor
Caltrops
Relentless Focus
Pack Leader(WW)

Will this build be ok throughout the game?
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not so familiar with the 2H line, but I do believe the 'go-to' morph of would be Poison Injection over Venom Arrow.

As it provides great DoT effects and an execute.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need both power extraction and rally. They both provide the same buff. Rally is a heal and power extraction is dps ablity, so choose what you need more. I would say power extraction because you have vigor and that is really powerful heal.

Then get ambush off your bar in pve, mobs will come to you, no reason to have a gap closer in pve. Put brawler in ambushes place then look into reverse slice. Nightblades have a great Stam execute, killers balde, though reverse slice is AOE but you ought to have that covered with brawler and power extraction and caltrops and endless hail. Then put suprise attack on there too, it does great damage, stuns from steath and applys major fracture and gives you major resist buff for using it from your passives. Incap is the PvP morph, the 10 ulti gen from kill from soul harvest is a must, still does good damage if you need to use it, as ultis scale from your highest stat.

Using pots for major savagery-

So your front bar looks like relentless focus, power extraction, killers blade, brawler, suprise attack, ulti, soul harvest.

Back bar, vigor, leeching strikes, caltrops, endless, poison injection, ulti flawless dawnbreaker.

Or if you are like me and don't like using pots on cool down-

Evil Hunter, power extraction, killers blade, brawler, suprise attack, ulti souls harvest.

Leeching strikes, caltrops, relentless focus, endless hail, poison injection, ulti flawless.

Replace Hunter with trap if you are running pots.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 2, 2018 5:31AM
  • hyuntaenoh1
    Oh yes, I mistyped it sorry all.
  • hyuntaenoh1
    Should O take Wrecking Blow over Reverse Slice? Since Poison Injection is already an execute?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should O take Wrecking Blow over Reverse Slice? Since Poison Injection is already an execute?

I wouldn't use wrecking blow on a stamblade, if you need a spammable, suprise attack is 100% better and as for reverse slice, killer blade is 100% better in single target. AOE is the only thing reverse slice has going for it.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would take reverse slice as a spammable for grouped mobs. You can always get fracture from marking and once the target dies you gain Major berserk and heals. + killer's blade you will be a non stop killing machine. Honestly, power extraction as an aoe attack is not... As effective as reverse slice.

My stam blade rotation is reaper's mark, rally, deadly cloak, ambush, reverse slice (the 300% bonus is at 50% health), killer's blade for execute. Prebuff your character with Mirage / double take, rally, Leeching strikes (there is this weird trick with siphoning strikes where since you deal heavy and light attack damage with melee weps, you gain both Stam and magicka and heals at the same time)

More magicka means you get to spam cloak or Mirage. Use the assassin ult for more ult gen for each death and also potions for even faster ult ticks. With the cheap ult, you basically have a 6th button to press.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    I would take reverse slice as a spammable for grouped mobs. You can always get fracture from marking and once the target dies you gain Major berserk and heals. + killer's blade you will be a non stop killing machine. Honestly, power extraction as an aoe attack is not... As effective as reverse slice.

My stam blade rotation is reaper's mark, rally, deadly cloak, ambush, reverse slice (the 300% bonus is at 50% health), killer's blade for execute. Prebuff your character with Mirage / double take, rally, Leeching strikes (there is this weird trick with siphoning strikes where since you deal heavy and light attack damage with melee weps, you gain both Stam and magicka and heals at the same time)

More magicka means you get to spam cloak or Mirage. Use the assassin ult for more ult gen for each death and also potions for even faster ult ticks. With the cheap ult, you basically have a 6th button to press.

Power extraction is a larger aoe, 8 meters to 5 with reverse slice, gives you ulti every 4 seconds,
    3% more healing for having it slotted, and gives you major brutality. Power extraction can proc the diseased status effect, mean free damage there. Power extraction also does ~three times the damage unless you have a mob that is under 25% you are targeting, which is not a lot of the time. Power extraction is a great skill. Reverse slice use to be better when the secondary AOE component could crit, it can't now.

Reapers mark has no place on a pve dps bar. The tank will give both resist debuffs and you need all the bar slots for other, better skills.

If the op can't survive with just brawlers sheild, which can get up to 20k, vigor and the heals from leeching strikes, they have larger problems.

You are crazy not using leaching strikes (I assume you actually mean syphoning attacks I your reply, you put leeching, gives stam back,yet not magic) on stamblade, you need all the Stam you can get in pve. Stamblades do not have one magic costing skill on there bar, mirage and cloak are for PvP. This thread is about pve.

Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 2, 2018 8:54AM
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadly cloak gives you an instant crit for reverse slice. I guess that's the beauty of the game, I usually am lazy to switch bars so I have a buff bar that I switch when the fight is over. See, for me, power extraction works best in a large group say in a dungeon. Reverse slice works better with overland since it can be either single or group mobs.

Again its up to the op, I'm here to give options. Reaper's mark save my life multiple times with a buff to boot. Couple with rally that buffs and heals... I'm not sure what seems to be inefficient here.

I disagree though that cloak and Mirage are only for PvP though, crit builds never went out of style in pve.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deadly cloak gives you an instant crit for reverse slice. I guess that's the beauty of the game, I usually am lazy to switch bars so I have a buff bar that I switch when the fight is over. See, for me, power extraction works best in a large group say in a dungeon. Reverse slice works better with overland since it can be either single or group mobs.

Again its up to the op, I'm here to give options. Reaper's mark save my life multiple times with a buff to boot. Couple with rally that buffs and heals... I'm not sure what seems to be inefficient here.

I disagree though that cloak and Mirage are only for PvP though, crit builds never went out of style in pve.

Reverse slice vs killer blade as an execute- killers blade gives you 2% crit for having it your bar, gives you the full 300% damage scaling at 24% health, reverse slice only gives you that at 1%, as the execute part of the skill is liner scaling from 49%(ie you get 3% more damage at 49%, 150% at 25 and so on). Killers blade is the best Stam execute in the game. The only thing reverse slice has is AOE and as I have shown power extraction is better there more of the time.

I suppose it comes down to what you consider pve. When I say pve I mean dungeons and trials. Overland stuff is really so easy, just need to have leaching strikes active and you can literally light attack stuff to death. You can really get away with anything there but If I see a nightblade dps using cloak or ambush in a dungeon, I know I am going to be carrying the dps, again.

Just so you know too, zos has nerfed crit out of style. You are going to get higher crit hits with the warrior mundas then you would with the shadow, for example.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 2, 2018 10:12AM
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suppose it comes down to what you consider pve. When I say pve I mean dungeons and trials. Overland stuff is really so easy, just need to have leaching strikes active and you can literally light attack stuff to death. You can really get away with anything there but If I see a nightblade dps using cloak or ambush in a dungeon, I know I am going to be carrying the dps, again.

Just so you know too, zos has nerfed crit out of style. You are going to get higher crit hits with the warrior mundas then you would with the shadow, for example.

Oh I won't dispute that, but I guess we aren't too sure what the op is at with cp points, with gear, with what food and potions they are using. What monster gear or what they do for rotations are also up for guesses. To some overland is hard simply because they don't have the right rotations or positioning. Maybe it's hard because of their physical limitations.

But what I do know is that if we just keep on, as a community, harping about the same rotations, the same gear sets, the same builds... It gets tedious real fast. The beauty of the game is to experiment. To explore what can and cannot be done, to see if its fun. In the end, it's a game. Not a work schedule.

Of Wolf and Raven
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh I won't dispute that, but I guess we aren't too sure what the op is at with cp points, with gear, with what food and potions they are using. What monster gear or what they do for rotations are also up for guesses. To some overland is hard simply because they don't have the right rotations or positioning. Maybe it's hard because of their physical limitations.

But what I do know is that if we just keep on, as a community, harping about the same rotations, the same gear sets, the same builds... It gets tedious real fast. The beauty of the game is to experiment. To explore what can and cannot be done, to see if its fun. In the end, it's a game. Not a work schedule.

A lot of what you say here really goes without saying, like duh.

What I want to point out is the thing you say about the game getting tedious. If you want to put out the most Damage in the least amount of time, there are clear ways to do it. That is the reason that we all use the same rotations and gear and skills, they are the best for that, like mathematically and observably. You either want to kl as fast as you can, which is a dpses job, yes job because as soon as you join other people, play as you want goes out the window and you have a role and do it well or you are wasting the most precious thing people have, time. I realize this is a game and tremendous waste of time in the first place but I do not waste other peoples time, I want more people to do that when they are in a group.

To be clear. Do whatever you want when you are by yourself but do not take the build you have in the op, you will be wasting other peoples tie.