The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade Abilities help needed

drkfrontiers
drkfrontiers
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello friends,

Hope you could help me out trying to understand some abilities of Nightblade.

Mirage - increases dodge change by 15% is one of the traits of this ability? I don't really see much difference in my survivability running this skill to be honest? Is there any benefit to it?

Siphoning Strikes - is this only on Melee weapons like Sword, Maul, etc or only staffs too?

Thanks!
Edited by drkfrontiers on December 30, 2017 10:35AM
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    Mirage is powered by rng
    Siphoning works with anything
    SW GoH > ESO
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    X3ina wrote: »
    Mirage is powered by rng
    Siphoning works with anything

Thanks!! I will begin to sacrifice small rodents and such like to the Gods of RNG!! Azura be merciful!
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirage

A 15% dodge chance means that roughly 1 in 8 hits should miss you entirely. This can be hard to test, and the rng can go wonky depending on what you’re playing. You could turn on the incoming damage display to test it, I guess. But it’s pretty powerful. You might not notice it helping if massive damage is coming in, or high intensity. I mean, if you get hit with three 9k hits from a boss you’re probably dead, and there’s a good chance mirage won’t mitigate any of the three.

Don’t forget your passives...a NB should always look at the passives, their class skills add more than any other class. Slotting mirage gives you a 600ish crit boost. You also have the passive where your damsgemis boosted when any one Assassin skill is slotted, and allies get minor savagery. A lot of back bars have no Assassin skills, so if you’re flipping over there a lot mirage can help you keep your dps up.

Mirage is good for really hard content...in everyday pve I usually bypass it. But it’s a solid ability.

Siphoning and Leeching Strikes (same ability, a magic and stam version)

Any light/heavy attacks on ANY weapons offer health and some resources back. You don’t have to use an “appropriate” weapons...a sword and board will return magic with siphoning strikes active. Then either offers a big resource return at the end.

This ability is about resource sustain, and it works really well in long fights. If you can learn threading, it can also act as a pretty decent heal. NBs don’t tend to have one giant heal or shield like other classes...they’re more about stacking several abilities that offer multiple heals over time. Siphoning plus one of the dw heal abilities plus rally plus whatever can make you much tankier.

And again with the passives...having one siphoning ability slotted increases your max magic by 8%, which is huge. That’s roughly 3200 max magic on a vet..kapow. Plus you get increased heals and ultimate generation. Not as impressive as the max magic, but also nice. A magblade should make sure to have at least one siphoning on both bars. There are other good choices, but in long fights this is a core skill.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mirage - increases dodge change by 15% is one of the traits of this ability? I don't really see much difference in my survivability running this skill to be honest? Is there any benefit to it?

Not only will you get the coveted 15% Dodge Chance, you will get Minor Resolve and Minor Ward increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 1320 for 26 seconds.

Also know that -- Minor Resolve and Minor Ward stacks with the passive from the Shadow tree: Activating a Shadow ability grants you Major Ward and Major Resolve, increasing Spell Resistance and Physical Resistance by 5280 for 3 seconds. This duration is increased (25%) for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped.

So, as a nightblade using Mirage and casting a shadow ability every few seconds, you will have 6600 Spell Resistance and Physical Resistance. .. And with Major Evasion.

Siphoning Strikes - is this only on Melee weapons like Sword, Maul, etc or only staffs too?

Thanks!

All weapons will work with this skill.

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--