The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Mechanical Acuity Set Bugged or Not ?

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
My proposal is if Zos can change the wording
on the set to gives (100% crit) instead of, "causing your attacks to always be a Critical Strike." as it does not.

I was extremely looking forward to finally being able to crit shields. Then sadly i found out that it would take alot more coding to make shields able to crit with this set. Its very misleading to players that are trying to be able to theorycraft builds against shields they absorb so much damage still.

This set is for pve stam and mag players and mag players only in pvp, would have given more stam players diversity in playing in pvp.

What a waste...
Edited by WeylandLabs on December 31, 2017 6:37AM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You still proc crits on shields, only deal no bonus critical damage. That is kinda obvious if you know how shields work.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do critically strike damage shields, but they have infinite critical resistance.

This is why you don’t deal critical damage to shields, despite all sets/skills that rely on critical hits still functioning against damage shields.

You actually thought you could circumvent that with this set? :lol: That’d be ridiculously OP and even more of a hard counter than Shieldbreaker to shield users lol. If you want to be “that guy” running a toxic hard counter which doesn’t belong in this game, use Shieldbreaker.
    Edited by Vaoh on December 31, 2017 12:26PM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One use I've found for this set is for Stam Sorcs in PVP... it's not OP or anything, but can seriously help your survival using crit surge.... your hurricane will always crit, meaning you maximize your only healing for a short burst. It's barely enough time to escape some tricky situations - but can be worth it for BGs :) or countering zerg play.