It's been about a year, and I could say I foresaw a decline in the PvP population, I could argue One Tamriel devalued PvP, but lets just look forward.. and I know the wording of my questions are biased, the whole poll is biased. The point is, I think there are two types of PvP Players. Those that don't care, which is fine--- and those that do care, which is also fine... So ignoring the ones that don't care, because they are already happy-- lets look at the players who do care.
Edited by Crom_CCCXVI on December 23, 2017 12:35AM
When I compare the good and the bad of what One Tamriel brought us- for those that don't know, BEFORE ONE TAMRIEL YOUR ACCOUNT COULD ONLY BE IN ONE ALLIANCE PER CAMPAIGN, there were ways around this, but for simplicity.
- I can't think of anything good in a team based game where you can freely switch between teams
- Trolling. "You guys are trash, took 10 of you to kill me", toxic, sometimes non stop...
- Spying, or not even really spying. Just people following you around who give away your location, or someone asks for a group then you go to some remote location and the enemy is already waiting there. Whatever you want to call it
- Loss of Rivalry. This may be the biggest factor. Lakers-Celtics, Democrats-Republicans, Cowboys-Indians.. there was a time in this game when (I'm red) I knew the good blues, I knew the good yellows, it was exciting to see them and fight them. It was like a team sport, you didn't want to lose, now it's just a blob. Half the time when you don't even know if your own color is on your side.
- Integrity See above. You see a fight, you think your jumping in, only to find out that the reds there are actually friends with the yellow, Lol.
- Dying Competition. Regardless of the noble, "I like a challenge" I see far more people just play for whatever team is winning, resulting in totally one sided fights.. that eventually end in dead campaigns.
- and so much more on just random levels. I've see a yellow emperor about to be dethroned, switch to a blue with some of his buddies and redirect the fight in a total illogical but emperor saving manuever. Did I mention the toxic zone chat?, I've seen more teamwork between alliance groups, including some unscrupulous fake call outs, leading weaker new players into traps (that is great for your population!)--- it goes on and on, I'm not saying one Alliance is better than the other. I'm just saying pick one, having played both versions, I will say the game was better when you could only play for one team per campaign. Change at flip for all I care, but pick 1.
Time to Revist ONE TAMRIEL PVP. (Poll) 99 votes
Best Thing Ever! I love playing for all 3 Alliances at the same time.
It's Good, and not just for trolling. I sometimes just want to play for the team that is winning
It's bad. I like my friends to be my friends and my enemies to be my enemies....
Worst Thing Ever. How can you have an Alliance War, when people don't even belong to one Alliance?