Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Time to Revist ONE TAMRIEL PVP. (Poll)

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
It's been about a year, and I could say I foresaw a decline in the PvP population, I could argue One Tamriel devalued PvP, but lets just look forward.. and I know the wording of my questions are biased, the whole poll is biased. The point is, I think there are two types of PvP Players. Those that don't care, which is fine--- and those that do care, which is also fine... So ignoring the ones that don't care, because they are already happy-- lets look at the players who do care.
When I compare the good and the bad of what One Tamriel brought us- for those that don't know, BEFORE ONE TAMRIEL YOUR ACCOUNT COULD ONLY BE IN ONE ALLIANCE PER CAMPAIGN, there were ways around this, but for simplicity.
Comparing:

THE GOOD
- I can't think of anything good in a team based game where you can freely switch between teams

THE BAD
- Trolling. "You guys are trash, took 10 of you to kill me", toxic, sometimes non stop...
- Spying, or not even really spying. Just people following you around who give away your location, or someone asks for a group then you go to some remote location and the enemy is already waiting there. Whatever you want to call it
- Loss of Rivalry. This may be the biggest factor. Lakers-Celtics, Democrats-Republicans, Cowboys-Indians.. there was a time in this game when (I'm red) I knew the good blues, I knew the good yellows, it was exciting to see them and fight them. It was like a team sport, you didn't want to lose, now it's just a blob. Half the time when you don't even know if your own color is on your side.
- Integrity See above. You see a fight, you think your jumping in, only to find out that the reds there are actually friends with the yellow, Lol.
- Dying Competition. Regardless of the noble, "I like a challenge" I see far more people just play for whatever team is winning, resulting in totally one sided fights.. that eventually end in dead campaigns.
- and so much more on just random levels. I've see a yellow emperor about to be dethroned, switch to a blue with some of his buddies and redirect the fight in a total illogical but emperor saving manuever. Did I mention the toxic zone chat?, I've seen more teamwork between alliance groups, including some unscrupulous fake call outs, leading weaker new players into traps (that is great for your population!)--- it goes on and on, I'm not saying one Alliance is better than the other. I'm just saying pick one, having played both versions, I will say the game was better when you could only play for one team per campaign. Change at flip for all I care, but pick 1.
Edited by Crom_CCCXVI on December 23, 2017 12:35AM

Time to Revist ONE TAMRIEL PVP. (Poll) 99 votes

Best Thing Ever! I love playing for all 3 Alliances at the same time.
20%
Joy_Divisionishilb14_ESOfred.thomsonb16_ESObarrrtAnrosesollVilestrideToRelaxlaoDHaleasneakybananaDerranewtinmplsMipMipKiaraAeremNightbladeMechanicsJierdanitSlick_007Aeslief 20 votes
It's Good, and not just for trolling. I sometimes just want to play for the team that is winning
2%
CyrusAryapachycephalo 2 votes
Don't Care At All
17%
DarcyMardinAzuryamertustaMalthorneNirnStormAhPook_Is_HereStreegacopitoDraxysCustos91EirellaWabuSerjustin19DrakkdjinnGoshuagabormezoSTORMCROW0707 17 votes
It's bad. I like my friends to be my friends and my enemies to be my enemies....
11%
Belegnolessewallb14_ESORohausMadamovazykSubversusYubariusNelothHippie4927MazbtDosPanchos 11 votes
Worst Thing Ever. How can you have an Alliance War, when people don't even belong to one Alliance?
49%
fastolfv_ESOSoul_DemonArobainTelelWalkingLegacyLordballak69HrogunEtanielkillimandrosb16_ESOKnootewootAvaglaorLarsSAmerilAnazasiHymzirEdziuAnaarielFearlessOne_2014BblargVizier 49 votes
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst Thing Ever. How can you have an Alliance War, when people don't even belong to one Alliance?
    Been arguing this for a year. No one cares though.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there were enough campaigns - it might work....

I don't play vivec cos it's crowded - so that leaves sotha sil and shor - and kyne for the under 50's

your solution won't work - it means that if I have 3 toons under 50 - 1 of each faction - I can only pvp on one :neutral:
    Edited by Imza on December 23, 2017 1:23AM
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's bad. I like my friends to be my friends and my enemies to be my enemies....
    imo at the very least zos should make this a campaign requirement. And have another campaign or 2 where you can do whatever you want...You get outplayed and feel like jumping on another toon to troll your enemies? you can do that one campaign but not the hypothetical one I am thinking they should create.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't Care At All
    " It's Good, and not just for trolling. I sometimes just want to play for the team that is winning"

I honestly don't know anyone that switches to the winning faction. When people switch to another alliance it's usually to play the underdog.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't Care At All
    Surprisingly, I have to say. I honestly don't care, no offense. Well I do care, it's just my opinion is not listed.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It´s good bc it allows me to play for the underdog and fight where the dominating faction is pushing.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing more to add!
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how an alliance lock for pvp campaigns would solve any of the "issues" you have mentioned. Granted i didn't play before One Tamriel, so i can't really compare it to now, but as far as my observations go, trolls, toxic chat, cross faction friendships, population imbalances, ... aren't (mainly) caused by faction hoppers. Personally i'm glad that it was possible for me to swap from the dominating side to a lower populated faction without having to go to a different campaign.

Also keep in mind that you can't fully seperate pvp players of different factions without affecting PvE too (mainly looking at cross faction guilds here). And separating PvE again would certainly cause a huge uproar.
    Edited by Rianai on December 23, 2017 5:58PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly OP has stated this is not about finding out what the population (of the forums who may look at this thread) thinks, but he just wanted to rant about his opinion and state he foresaw something regardless of if it is actually correct or has the correct cause of the change. Probably not correct, but hey, it is his thread.

Most of what OP lists as issues with 1T are bogus claims.

Trolling - has always been in Cyrodiil. Heck, has always been in PvP
    Spying - has been in Cyrodiil since day one. LOL. I recall, correctly, Zos made it so enemy players behind a closed gate would get kicked out because their spy friends would pull them over it to grab the scroll. April 2014 was well before 1T if I recall correctly. Have an issue with spying, get over it or do not play this type of PvP.
    Loss of Rivalry - again, nope. Players have PvPed on characters in different alliances since the game launched. They just had to do it in different campaigns or different accounts.
    Dying competition is not an issue with 1T Again, even in the early months of the game players moved to other alliances because they wanted to be on what they thought was the stronger side. Basically they wanted to be carried.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imza wrote: »

I don't play vivec cos it's crowded - so that leaves sotha sil and shor - and kyne for the under 50's

your solution won't work - it means that if I have 3 toons under 50 - 1 of each faction - I can only pvp on one :neutral:

Thank you, at least someone mentions this.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you people who "care" so much are faction-stacking, gate-camping, and PvDooring your way to emperor, I can leave such idiocy and fight against it.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will forever be the minority of players, who unfortunately tend to be very vocal, pushing the idea that multi faction play is good for the game. Often the only relevant thing being claimed is that it is good for the game in some way and then explaining how as an individual they don't do any of the things we all have seen since 1Tam that are negative and hurting the game- somehow this is supposed to dispel the reality that with all the negative we are somehow 'rushing' to judge the multi alliance unlocked servers.

We aren't and it wasn't good for the game.
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy if ZOS would just add
    ONE ACCOUNT LOCKED CAMPAIGN

don't change anything, but give all of us that "take the game to seriously" or whatever other insults are being hurled our way a place we could go play and pretend it mattered. fighting red vs blue vs yellow again.

People who don't like it could just not come in, and those who want things like this would be happy. Seems like an easy fix.

14 Day CP, ACCOUNT LOCKED..
    Perfect

(I bet it would become the most popular campaign)
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like being able to play whichever toon i feel like playing. dont care whose winning.

how many threads are you going to post about this crom?
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's Good, and not just for trolling. I sometimes just want to play for the team that is winning
    I choose this option cus superlative like best/worst thing evers are so ridiculous to use for such trivial matters.

Anyways, ZOS is literally in the business of connectivity and enabling more ways and means to play our characters. This much is clear from recent patches, with all the quality of life improvements meant to make the game more engagable. Unless the populations suddenly triple and there are multiple super active PvP campaigns, people are gonna want to play in the hot campaign and some people will want to play on multiple factions for a myriad of reasons. These two statements are facts.

So to put it bluntly, freedom and options to play >>>>>> alliance war immersion.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, today one troll from other alliance came to us, decided to take scroll, run as slow as possible and just be standing at castle and doing nothing just to annoy whole EP. Other day when we made whole map red, some yellow folks came to us with red chars to cry and whine how bad players we are and that they want to join us now. If ppl are switching between alliances to milk AP then what's the point of Alliance War? One tamriel was good for PvE side and level balance, but there shouldn't be anything like changing alliance during campaign. No one needs to worry about faction losing while fighting for all three at the same time and this is just stupid and poorly made system.
    PC/EU
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy if ZOS would just add
    ONE ACCOUNT LOCKED CAMPAIGN

don't change anything, but give all of us that "take the game to seriously" or whatever other insults are being hurled our way a place we could go play and pretend it mattered. fighting red vs blue vs yellow again.

People who don't like it could just not come in, and those who want things like this would be happy. Seems like an easy fix.

14 Day CP, ACCOUNT LOCKED..
    Perfect

(I bet it would become the most popular campaign)

I would be there.
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    Don't Care At All
    I am a healer, my enemy is death, not any player, I fight for all 3 alliances.
    I detest spying, and I am actually bored when my team is winning with a great margin, I enjoy beeing able to logg to a less dominant faction and have the abbility to actually have some fights this way round...
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On NA PC at least, our PVP population increased a lot after One Tamriel.

The population was largest around April 2014, then dropped massively within a month or two and continued to decline. Only began growing again after One Tamriel, with nice bumps after the Japanese client launch and Morrowind launch.

There is no realistic way to implement what OP is proposing at this point, because we only have one relatively populated campaign. Vivec is the only campaign where you can find battles at any hour. Maybe it could work in the future if we ever have a dozen high pop campaigns, but right now Shor, Sotha Sil etc are kinda empty most of the time. Are you expecting that people will just not play their alts at all?

I imagine most have at least a couple characters on different factions and for the most part they are not interested in running around PVE against guards on dead campaign.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on December 29, 2017 9:11AM
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing cross faction, sometimes with, sometimes against the same people creates some of the funnest situations, I absolutely wouldn't want to miss it.

I have no desire to play for a faction (a large number of players most of whom I do not know) but I play for my guild (a small group of people whom I know and with whom I share common goals and enthusiasm for a certain playstyle), and if my guild were to play one faction one day, another faction another day that would be perfectly ok for me.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't Care At All
    this game is all about do whatever you like
    we(ZOS) do so, so feel free to do it as well

no rulez, no promises, no oaths, that is it
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Been arguing this for a year. No one cares though.

I think a lot of people care. I think a fine compromise would be locking to a faction per campaign. Good middle ground, everybody wins, been suggested by a lot of people. Would be great to get zos in on this.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 27, 2017 9:46AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to be able to adventure with friends even in Cyrodiil, and not being able to get into such and so campaign for a cost in AP that I never could afford was a pain in the parts.

A compromise I would offer would be that you can't get onto the leaderboard if you are hopping (not sure how that would be enforced) as it's not going to matter to truly PvE peeps.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's bad for PvP. I don't care who teams up with who for PvE. There's lore to support the alliances teaming up through the fighters and mages guilds etc. But players should be locked into an alliance side per account.
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummmmm..... Where is the ugly?
  • pachycephalo
    pachycephalo
    ✭✭
    Ummmmm..... Where is the ugly?

you just got here
  • pachycephalo
    pachycephalo
    ✭✭
    these loaded options... why even bother making it a poll?
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    Don't Care At All
    I often switch my toons/builds if I get bored, and I don't care in which alliance I get landed.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you are wanting a non-biased poll, your wording needs to change. Unless I am playing with friends I hardly ever change factions unless I am bored and then I don't care about the map at all. Imho, this poll is so biased in your wording you can't say you like One Tamriel without sounding like a complete jerk.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Imza wrote: »

Just a thought about this- not sure how well it would work though:

What if you could switch alliances for a small charge of crowns in the crown store? Everybody wins. You win because you get to change alliances and ZoS wins because they get money which keeps their developers developing. Would that work?

Also, why does anybody WANT to be in multiple alliances on different characters?

So they can troll? - Not a good reason

So they can experience the game from all three storylines? - Once you beat the storyline for one alliance, you can do the storyline for the other alliances on the same toon.

So they can access all parts of cyrodiil for PVE purposes without fear of being ganked and teabagged by some nightblade with small-man's syndrome? - Just join a different campaign on a character that's in a different alliance.
    OR
    Zenimax could make a Cyrodiil server that is only for PVE purposes. That way PVE'ers would be happy and I would be happy when as an EP only player (EP OR DIE!!!) I need to go to vlastrus for armor, which is on the other side of the map from EP.

It's frustrating that ZoS would harm the only PvP zone just so roleplayers can safely access Cyrodiil on their sissy PvE builds.

Also, I saw a great idea that I'd never thought of before.
    WHY DON'T THEY MAKE IT SO YOU CAN ONLY JOIN ONE ALLIANCE PER 30-day/7-day CAMPAIGN PER ACCOUNT. That way if you want to fight for the other side next campaign because all your nightblade friends cloaked and ran away instead of helping you when a zerg was coming, you can do it.