The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rapid Maneuver - Ability 'Fails' when Mounted

Dawnblade
Dawnblade
✭✭✭✭✭
When mounted, Rapid Maneuver fails quite often (un-morphed - sub 50 characters, character makes the animation but nothing happens, stamina at 100%) - sometimes when trying to use after first mounting, sometimes on subsequent use, sometimes in towns, sometimes in the middle of no where (no consistency - can happen when I first log in to happening after it working multiple times in a row).

Dismounting and remounting will 'fix' the issue - at least until the next time it fails.

It is very noticeable and very annoying as Rapid is the only thing keeping me sane ridding the slow nag speed mounts on a new character.

EDIT TO ADD: PC NA platform.
Edited by Dawnblade on December 31, 2017 4:21PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had this problem in the past -- also PC/NA -- and found that it sometimes worked on retries.

This may be related to the bug that when you use the skill you sometimes are perceived as attacking a townsperson, which can get you killed by a guard. Have you checked whether you're getting the message about "Cannot kill innocents" being turned on? I don't recall checking that myself.
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be related, but as it also occurs when ridding through the middle of no where, I'm not sure that is the root cause - though if it is, it's still a bug as using Rapid in town should not register as an attack against an NPC.

Also the only way I can get it to work again once it fails is to dismount and remount - no amount of retrying will get the skill the actually engage.