Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

@ZOS Add Sotha Sil Incentive. Please review.

lazerlaz
lazerlaz
✭✭✭
Maybe this has been mentioned...

I would suggest adding 25-50% Alliance Points Boost AND experience gain to Sotha Sil permanently.

Why?

1. Incentive to populate no Champion Point Campeign.
2. Help decrease population on Shor and Vivic.
A. This could help by pulling people out of Shor and Vivic and potentially lowering lag with fewer bodies in Shor and Vivic (or at least one of the two)
B. Currently Shor and Vivic is pop locked at prime time and Sotha maintains ZERO bars.
C. We can all agree PVP is not fun with low frames and creates a very difficult environment to play in.
D. I do not believe it would ruin Shor or Vivic's population and they would still maintain 2+ bars each faction (if not 3 bars still at prime time).
3. Lower CP players can have the option to gain AP and experience faster on a more level playing field that Sotha Sil provides.
A. This could help some of the new player community who feel overwhelmed at lower CP to PVP (Some are so discouraged they eventually quit playing the game)
4. The increased AP and experience would be justified because having no champion points makes content more difficult, hence harder content = more reward.
A. This is especially true for those who are accustomed to having champion points and/or are veterans. I believe this is one of the reasons the majority of the veteran population shy away from no champion points content.

I believe these changes would not be game breaking and encourage players to embrace the no champion point system with a more positive outlook.

If you've read this far I thank you.

I am curious to hear what the community thinks or would add.
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to include that this is from my PlayStation 4 NA experience and may not apply to other platforms.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they cant buff only one campaign. you want people from other campaigns to come here, and then put those campaigns in the same position you say you are in.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazerlaz wrote: »

I would suggest adding 25-50% Alliance Points Boost AND experience gain to Sotha Sil permanently.

Why?

A. This could help by pulling people out of Shor and Vivic and potentially lowering lag with fewer bodies in Shor and Vivic (or at least one of the two)
    B. Currently Shor and Vivic is pop locked at prime time and Sotha maintains ZERO bars.
    C. We can all agree PVP is not fun with low frames and creates a very difficult environment to play in.
    D. I do not believe it would ruin Shor or Vivic's population and they would still maintain 2+ bars each faction (if not 3 bars still at prime time).
    3. Lower CP players can have the option to gain AP and experience faster on a more level playing field that Sotha Sil provides.
    A. This could help some of the new player community who feel overwhelmed at lower CP to PVP (Some are so discouraged they eventually quit playing the game)
    4. The increased AP and experience would be justified because having no champion points makes content more difficult, hence harder content = more reward.
    A. This is especially true for those who are accustomed to having champion points and/or are veterans. I believe this is one of the reasons the majority of the veteran population shy away from no champion points content.

I believe these changes would not be game breaking and encourage players to embrace the no champion point system with a more positive outlook.

Really just lower the cap or make que into a single CryodiiI, you get what you get. Think about how much better PvP would be if it wasn't just 2 dead campaigns, one half dead, and one over crowded. If PvP always had even numbers of each alliance so that no more steam rolling by numbers alone. (Xbox NA, casual PvPer, definitely add to this idea dedicated PvPers)

You could even just leave one campaige basicly set up PvE friendly for the none Pvp types to quest in Cryodiil. That idea would need a lot of thought first.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    lazerlaz wrote: »

Why?

Really just lower the cap or make que into a single CryodiiI, you get what you get. Think about how much better PvP would be if it wasn't just 2 dead campaigns, one half dead, and one over crowded. If PvP always had even numbers of each alliance so that no more steam rolling by numbers alone. (Xbox NA, casual PvPer, definitely add to this idea dedicated PvPers)

You could even just leave one campaige basicly set up PvE friendly for the none Pvp types to quest in Cryodiil. That idea would need a lot of thought first.

On PC-NA I think that would be a bad idea. I think it would divide the player base more and cause more lag on the servers that already appear to be over taxed. It could also prevent new people from trying pvp. When I first started playing ESO I had no idea what pvp was or pve for that matter I had to web search it. I was bored one night when none of my friends were on in guild so I went to do quests in Cyrodiil & then I got bit by the pvp bug & haven’t been the same since. After that I tried to get my friends to go with me because I was told not to go alone because I would just get slaughtered but at the time they didn’t like pvp, I went anyway. If there had been a separate pve Cyrodiil I never would have tried pvp & I would have quit this game a long time ago. I think ZOS should leave it as it is.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artificially incentivizing one camp over another isn't a great idea, imo.

I prefer noCP PvP. At the moment, I don't find very satisfying PvP in the noCP server, so I play in CP camps, where the fights are. It's unreasonable for me to expect ZOS or other groups to conform to my preferences rather than vice versa.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could indirectly incentivize it by switching to a 7 day campaign. Yes, it would become a little bit of an emp farm campaign but so is Shor and it has people on it that tend to enjoy the experience most days.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    They could indirectly incentivize it by switching to a 7 day campaign. Yes, it would become a little bit of an emp farm campaign but so is Shor and it has people on it that tend to enjoy the experience most days.

There was a 7 day noCP, it was less populated than either the 7 day CP camp or the noCP 30 day.

I like 7 days more, but it doesn't seem to be the general consensus.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox EU you could merge Shor and Sotha, fewer people prefer 7 day and fewer prefer no-CP, at least you could combine those preferences.

Sure an AP boost to Sotha might work, akin to the AP boost they have given BattleGrounds. Sotha needs something.

Ironically its the best action. Fast pace, less zergs, decent small scale etc. Vivec is battle of numbers.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC/NA we already had this thing where ZOS tried to get us into the No CP campaigns. When Morrowind dropped There was a 30 day and 7 day No CP campaign and only the one CP 30 day campaign. So what happened?

CP-enabled Vivec was packed. Absolutely packed. The only CP players who went over to the No CP campaigns were the ones who didn't want to deal with the lag because Vivec was packed or wanted to run guild events without being bothered by lag or mauled by Vivec's large population.

My guild stayed in Vivec, happily so. At a certain point, an organized raid wants those large fights and Vivec was the best place to get those. Still is, now that some of the CP PVP population has spread back into Shor.

My point is that most of the CP PVP population would rather pack into one CP-enabled campaign than head over to the No CP campaigns. Its possible that extra incentives could change that...but less lag was a pretty potent incentive and that already failed to work.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your looking for the fastest way to toxify your campaign, this is it.
    It will encourage toxic playstyles looking to AP grind to move over.
    The only assistance provided will be accidentally.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea but Almalexia, the 7 day NO CP campaign, existed with Sotha Sil at the same time. Having only one 30 day campaign (Vivec) might not be a bad thing.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Yea but Almalexia, the 7 day NO CP campaign, existed with Sotha Sil at the same time. Having only one 30 day campaign (Vivec) might not be a bad thing.

On PC/NA, Vivec became packed when they removed the 7-Day CP campaign. Some guilds went over to the Almalexia to escape the lag but most of those promptly went back to Shor as soon as it was opened. Then, during the Midyear Mayhem event started, the demand for CP PVP was so high that ZOS had to open two more CP Campaigns. At its height, you had Vivec completely full from early in the morning, Shor completely full for most of the day, and Kastav and Xarxes with reasonable populations.

Having only Vivec for PC/NA was a problem for CP players because Shor really does function as our overflow campaign for primetime and for CP players who want CP PVP but don't want the numbers or lag in Vivec.

If Sotha Sil doesn't have enough players to need an overflow campaign like Almalexia, forcing CP players into No CP campaigns isn't going to fix the problem that No CP isn't attracting enough players in its own right.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not talking about removing Shor, just removing Sotha and replacing it with a 7 day no CP camp. There needs to be a no CP campaign, I just don't think no CP pop is high enough to warrant a 30 days campaign. Things get too stale too quick.

The traitor

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No cp campaigns are just boring.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only one incentive to fix Sotha. Add back the CP.

People have worked hard for their CP and want to use it.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yesterday i think it was, without ZOS doing any of these changes, sotha sil had high pop on all 3 alliances and it was going crazy. fully crazy. So no, nothing is required for people to pvp in there.
  • colec74
    colec74
    Interesting point. However, I disagree. Incentivizing one person preferred style of PvP over another would show extreme bias. I can agree that CP is more popular than non-CP, and that causes many players to experience long wait times on most nights, as well as horrible lag. Giving away more AP on one campaign would cause players that prefer CP to disgruntled, and would also, possibly, cause the same thing to happen on Sotha Sil as it does to the CP campaigns right now. If they wanted to do something about the lag they could lower pops and create more CP campaigns.
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is only one incentive to fix Sotha. Add back the CP.

People have worked hard for their CP and want to use it.

Are you even playing on sotha?

How about you go to vivec and leave the sotha people play on their campaign? or should we start a thread crying to remove CP from vivec?
    colec74 wrote: »
    If they wanted to do something about the lag they could lower pops and create more CP campaigns.

I am playing on sotha only at the moment and I experience NO LAGs at all unless I get to a keep fight and there are 100 people inside. If ZOS lowers the population even more you can very soon do 1v1s only in cyrodiil. The pop cap is perfectly fine or could even be raised again after they added some incentives (that would spread people).

If you don't have the worst potato computer/internet provider and you don't rely on a hamster to keep it running, then you usually are fine playing on sotha - the CP system and all the calculations in the background is what makes vivec a lag hole.

Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU