Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All I want for Housing in 2018

Sweetpea704
Sweetpea704
✭✭✭✭
1. The pattern for Ayleid Bookcases, but that is another discussion
2. More items that can be used to build things. I'd love to see "fencing pieces". They can be made to match the different race styles and can be used to build walls in homes and make the homes more customized.
3. A rebalance of all of the blueprint patterns. I think that we can agree that we all have enough Daedric benches, but not enough Telvanni blueprints.
4. Add Morrowind blueprints and DLC blueprints to the Master Writ Vendor. We need more goodies.
5. Adjust some of the writ voucher rewards for some items that require perfect roe. Ten is ridiculous. Most people I know just sell them or even trash them. Perfect Roe is too expensive to use two, to only get 10 writ vouchers.
6. Item storage is awesome. But, whatever container you provide, make sure that a full container counts as ONE item.
7. Any fire can be a cooking station. It has always been this way. Let me use fires to make beautiful stoves, grills, and ovens of my own design. People don't use campfires in their houses to cook food. If you don't want to do that, at least make a pretty fire and maybe a bed of coals that can be used in a design to make it a cooking station.
8. Node stations like the crafting stations so that we can have lootable gardens. This is a throwback to Skyrim. Have them lootable once per day. This one thing would make housing more popular. I guarantee it.
9. Armor Mannequins. I'd love to show off my gear.
10. Make some housing items lootable in delves. Those dice on the table? I want those.
11. Increase the number of items allowed in the houses. You can't really decorate with any detail with the current item count. I would say that the medium size houses need at least double everything. The large and notable homes probable need to have 4x the item count that they currently have.
12. Increase the number of pets and mounts we can put in homes. If you are trying to build something like a petting zoo, the count just isn't adequate at all. We've paid for these mounts and pets, let us add them to the houses. Also, we shouldn't have to choose between assistance and pets. Obviously, I want my assistance in all my houses.
13. Give me more NPCs to use as characters. I would like a stable master, a guard or guards (maybe like the soul shriven guy), and just a random person. This just makes sense in the big houses like Daggerfall Overlook, where you would want to set up a merchant area and have shoppers. When you have more than one, make them automatically look a little different, the way you do NPC followers.
14. Ambient wildlife. Torchbugs, butterflies, birds, mice. Things that live in the zone that the house is. Why is there no life in the house? It is kind of creepy.

This list was compiled while talking to about 10 folks in our guild chat. Please add to the wish list.

• Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    One more thing. Allow a guild master to have the ability to set a house to "guild hall". This way, they don't not have to use their Primary Residence as their guild hall. Allow access to this house with an icon on the Guild Information page so you don't have to use the guild roster to find their name. Allow guild masters to appoint "master decorators" in their guild, possibly as a rank, so that if the GM has to go out of town for business or vacation, officers can add raffle prizes or whatever to the house. This would allow officers to help run things when the GM isn't available and would be a big help. They should be allowed to add items, recall items, and place items.
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    #10 I wanna loot the silverware!!
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Prefab walls of different material types and color values (light, med, dark wood; light, med, dark stone)
    • Prefab stairs of different material types and color values
    • Doors (that you can have closed or ajar but can walk through, like the tapestries) of different material types and color values (see above)
    • Ability to set time of day/night
    • Ability to set music
    • NPCs such as butlers, maids, gardeners, cooks, barkeeps, stableboys
    • Higher drop rate on recipes and materials for furnishing items
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can loot dices from NPCs and place them as furniture in your house but they are extremely small and hardly noticable. I d prefer some interactable mini games for taverns and houses.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can loot dices from NPCs and place them as furniture in your house but they are extremely small and hardly noticable. I d prefer some interactable mini games for taverns and houses.

Oh, I know you can. Khajiit nightblade has found wonderful furniture items in many pockets. I just think it would be fun to also loot wonderful items in delves. But seriously, It would be fun to be able to loot items off tables and such in dungeons and delves.

• LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like more visitor settings and the ability to set my boyfriend as co-owner and vice versa, so we don't feel like our arms are tied in each others houses and can feel "at home".

Also...Imperials to have new furniture. I'm just not impressed that some of their furniture pieces are Breton recolors.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on December 28, 2017 9:36AM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it would be awesome to set another player's primary residence as your own provided they give you the rights of course. I would also like to see guild halls become a thing with extra features like full banker to fill your guild store slots, crafting writ boards.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Increase the amount of people that can be inside ur home. How can I have a guild meeting when only 25 people can be at the guild hall! They should at minimum double that
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As well as the usual ignored requests for increased item slots and others, can we please just get rid of some of the more ridiculous invisible walls and ceilings? Not all, but definitely some.

The one that I'm fuming over at this minute is in Twin Arches, where you cannot get onto that particular house's flat roof. You can access it via a plank right up to the parapet, but then you can't move from plank to roof. What a huge waste of a very viable outdoor space, perfect for a party or general chilling out area, and which should be part of the house like for instance the one in Hundings.

That is just one example of many, which would not be unreasonable to reverse.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Increase the number of visitors to 24 (or more) for ANY home.
      Having a limit of visitors based upon the size of the room is nonsensical, since an instance will require the same amount of resource either way. Design your instance servers to handle it.
    2. Enable lightsource toggle permissions.
      This will allow us to determine who can toggle light sources.
    3. Enable Time of Day and Weather Settings
      Im a Vampire. I want my home dark and stormy, not all bright and cheery.
    4. Enable Local home furniture storage with permissions for decorators.
      This will allow other decorators to pull items from the stored furniture and decorate with them, as well as retrieve and store them within the home only. (would require a "Furniture Bag" of sorts)
    5. Expanding on #4, enable us to "lock" placed items.
      This would allow our decorators freedom to retrieve, place, and store other furniture items without being able to modify "locked" items already placed. Prevents "run amok" situations.
    Edited by OmniDo on December 31, 2017 2:09AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to be able to pickpocket the Imperial sewer center area bosses for a special furnishing that’s two red rubber balls and they’re titled “molag’s balls”.

Yes that my top wish list item, and I’m not sure if it means I aim too high or too low in life.
  • Skahema
    Skahema
    Soul Shriven
    My Wish list:

1. Memento's. (from collection)
    2. Costume Racks (From collection or disguises)
    3. Armor Dummies (For mastered Motif's)
    4. Crafting Job boards.
    5. Repair Blacksmith/(or merchant with repair)
    6. Way Shrine
    7. Crafting Hirelings.
    8. Vampire Familiar/Prisoner/Victim (feeding)
    9. Traps.
    10. Stable Hand
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my wish list:

1. Sulima Mansion as a home in Hew's Bane.
    2. More race to choose from for merchants and bankers.
    3. The Imperial Fountain to actually be, ya know, A FOUNTAIN?
    4. Several unreleased furnishings (like the Redguard Oven and Telvanni Terrariums).
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1- A real renaming option for the houses (like, y'know, renaming actually changes the name of the house, and it's displayed on doors mouseover and in loadscreen text...)

2- Implement the addon "Travel To Friend's House" into the base game

3. A rebalance of all of the blueprint patterns. I think that we can agree that we all have enough Daedric benches, but not enough Telvanni blueprints. A rebalance and let's say, an increased droprate.

4- Lower the material costs of some furniture reciepes. 20 flour for one mere grape. That's not reasonnable

5- Fix the bugged design about the windows of big houses (Mathiisen....)

14. Ambient wildlife. Torchbugs, butterflies, birds, mice. - Deer. Would be awesome into Bouldertree
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on January 2, 2018 2:29AM
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know I'm a broken record on this subject, but seriously my main focus is on allowing visitors with decorator privileges to actually place items in a home instead of just being able to move things that the owner has to place for them. I'm not going to sink serious real-life cash into a guild hall if I have to be on every single time a guildie wants to add things to it, or a home for my and my duo partner if I have to be on every time they want to place something in OUR house. I have to say once again that if an old game like LOTRO can do it, *surely* ESO can.
  • bluelineski
    bluelineski
    Soul Shriven
    All listed points are great ideas. My issue is friends should be able to travel to any residence I own who have permission, not just a "primary". Why does it have to be such a chore to adjust which residence people get to visit when i am offline. People should be able to enjoy and admire any friends residence they created at any time. People put a lot of time and money(gold and RL) into what they create.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I know I'm a broken record on this subject, but seriously my main focus is on allowing visitors with decorator privileges to actually place items in a home instead of just being able to move things that the owner has to place for them.

Yes! Add to that that decorators can only visit your primary residence unless you're online (barring use of an add-on) - and it totally defeats the purpose of having a decorator. Especially frustrating when all I want to do is move an item from inside to outside. I am always beating the drum for an additional tier of permissions for housing above decorator.

• Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭

Interactable mini games would be really cool.

-Pea
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    As well as the usual ignored requests for increased item slots and others, can we please just get rid of some of the more ridiculous invisible walls and ceilings? Not all, but definitely some.

The one that I'm fuming over at this minute is in Twin Arches, where you cannot get onto that particular house's flat roof. You can access it via a plank right up to the parapet, but then you can't move from plank to roof. What a huge waste of a very viable outdoor space, perfect for a party or general chilling out area, and which should be part of the house like for instance the one in Hundings.

That is just one example of many, which would not be unreasonable to reverse.

I totally agree with this. Some of the placements of the invisible walls make zero sense.

-Pea
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A string of sausages

A basket of eggs

Better permission system so it is possible to have your home(s) open to anyone at all.

A choice of cradles - presently all kittens and eggs must use the Breton style one.

The redguard style oven

Whole roast chickens

Whole roast piggies with apples in their mouths

A clay jug of milk

A dish of butter

A placeable cow and chicken (live ones)

Piles of hay

Yours with paws (and culinary ambition yes)
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    A string of sausages

A basket of eggs

Better permission system so it is possible to have your home(s) open to anyone at all.

A choice of cradles - presently all kittens and eggs must use the Breton style one.

The redguard style oven

Whole roast chickens

A clay jug of milk

A dish of butter

Piles of hay

Santie Claws

Santie Claws,

Did you know that there is also an Orc style cradle? But, perhaps kittens would prefer a comfy basket?

-Pea
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A string of sausages

A basket of eggs

The redguard style oven

Whole roast chickens

A clay jug of milk

A dish of butter

Piles of hay

Santie Claws

Santie Claws,

Did you know that there is also an Orc style cradle? But, perhaps kittens would prefer a comfy basket?

-Pea

Most interesting yes. Though the cradles are actually intended for the younger Argonian siblings of Spiny Tim.

May Khajiit add some more things to her list?

A selection of tombstones and memorial stones

Animal statuary - fishes, swans, lions etc

Statues of the races we do not already have (mainly Khajiit) - a lot of things recently seem to be very orc centric yes. More attention please to everyone else.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/