Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Observatory Purchasers: Happy or no?

Apache_Kid
Apache_Kid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Basically with the new crown-sale I am seriously considering purchasing the Observatory home as I think it is so unique and cool looking. Also the Clockwork City has quickly become one of my favorite zones for aesthetics. Was just wondering for those of you that bought it, are you happy with it or have you grown bored of it because it is so uniform? That is my main concern. I would be buying it furnished as it would probably cost my entire war-chest just to fill out the un-furnished version with CwC stuff. Anyways any feedback appreciated. If anyone has done any cool decorating or anything else unique with their Observatory please post I'd love to see it!
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one bought this house? :neutral:
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking about that 'house', but my furniture don't match with Dwemer design :/
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about that 'house', but my furniture don't match with Dwemer design :/

Yeah that's the only thing really keeping me from getting it is that I wouldn't be able to add much to the house after buying it furnished to make it my own. I've been killing factorums for the last couple days to try and farm furnishing plans but that's been a total bust.

I love the views in the home though they are spectacular. And it feels like you are living in a spaceship.
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I am not quite happy. It's a cool house but for me it's way too specific, as only clockwork and maybe a little dwemer will really fit there (normal furniture look a bit out of place, but there might be a way to get it to work). It was a lot of fun to decorate, but for me it lost its charm after a little while.

You would probably like it more than I do, but if you buy it be prepared to spend a lot of gold to get as you'll probably want a lot of clockwork stuff.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »
    Personally I am not quite happy. It's a cool house but for me it's way too specific, as only clockwork and maybe a little dwemer will really fit there (normal furniture look a bit out of place, but there might be a way to get it to work). It was a lot of fun to decorate, but for me it lost its charm after a little while.

You would probably like it more than I do, but if you buy it be prepared to spend a lot of gold to get as you'll probably want a lot of clockwork stuff.

yeah ill have to be prepared to spend lots of crowns too as I'm gonna want all the clockwork crafting tables eventually and they are sooooo expensive. The normal crafting stations just don't fit. The clockwork crafting tables are beautiful but 3500-4500 crowns per table is crazy!
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    @Apache_Kid factotums drop furnishing designs?!

• VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    How much furnished?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    VonNelson wrote: »
    @Apache_Kid factotums drop furnishing designs?!

Do they not?? I could've sworn i read that they did on here. Was I wasting my time? Because I only read it from one source so now im confused lol.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    VonNelson wrote: »
    How much furnished?

15k crowns
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought it fully furnished - I haven't decorated it yet, but I knew I was going to want it. It looks cool; preview it before purchase obv so you can see what you are getting.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

good thing its not a dwemer style house.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

good thing its not a dwemer style house.

Clockwork style alone is arguably worse, as it will be harder to acquire and/or more expensive to buy thanks to its low drop rate.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. I guess you know what I meant ;) If not, let me clarify that Dwemer style matches on this house along with existing Clockwork furniture. You know, metal themed.
    Edited by gepe87 on December 29, 2017 6:23PM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Basically with the new crown-sale I am seriously considering purchasing the Observatory home as I think it is so unique and cool looking. Also the Clockwork City has quickly become one of my favorite zones for aesthetics. Was just wondering for those of you that bought it, are you happy with it or have you grown bored of it because it is so uniform? That is my main concern. I would be buying it furnished as it would probably cost my entire war-chest just to fill out the un-furnished version with CwC stuff. Anyways any feedback appreciated. If anyone has done any cool decorating or anything else unique with their Observatory please post I'd love to see it!

I've seen a design with this house by Foxglove, in Divine Design Alliance that is truly amazing! I thought I didn't want this house, but now I kind of do.

Sweetpea704
    "Don't invite me if you aren't willing to loot the urns."
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I've seen a design with this house by Foxglove, in Divine Design Alliance that is truly amazing! I thought I didn't want this house, but now I kind of do.

Sweetpea704
    "Don't invite me if you aren't willing to loot the urns."

Do you know where I could check out that house by any chance? Not familiar with divine design alliance
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if I were to buy this house.. I'd put all kinds of fantasy like plants and trees inside, you know, even those clockwork weird trees.. to make it look like a winter garden? :p I guess it would balance this "clockwork" feeling of the place.
    And then add some weird bookshelves.. or tellevani furniture..

I agree that the house is amazing.. can't afford it.. but it's got a lot potential. :P
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    if I were to buy this house.. I'd put all kinds of fantasy like plants and trees inside, you know, even those clockwork weird trees.. to make it look like a winter garden? :p I guess it would balance this "clockwork" feeling of the place.
    And then add some weird bookshelves.. or tellevani furniture..

I agree that the house is amazing.. can't afford it.. but it's got a lot potential. :P

Ooooo I like the idea of plants and trees thanks for that
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really like the CWC aesthetic and location, then I'd recommend it. Aesthetics is very important to enjoyment of the house. Personally I love Observatory and its view from its outside platform. Both of the land afar and looking up at the structure itself.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you really like the CWC aesthetic and location, then I'd recommend it. Aesthetics is very important to enjoyment of the house. Personally I love Observatory and its view from its outside platform. Both of the land afar and looking up at the structure itself.

Yeah The views are crazy. It's the main thing that caught my eye. No other house has views like that.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah The views are crazy. It's the main thing that caught my eye. No other house has views like that.

Most dont, but Pariah has a magnificient view too. One hall is overlooking Wrothgar zone, while the coutyard cliff overlooks a giant valley(inaccessable) with the Wrothgarian mountain range in the distance. I own Pariah but not Observatory, though I was debating between them earlier this month. Love both houses, but I am sucker for orcs.

The Nord style notable house(forget name) has a good view to, though not as good as Pariah and Observatory. It overlooks Falkreath in Skyrim. Big property, but the main hall is lacking due to the second floor being strangely cut off.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are going to need to befriend someone that can make the diagrams/praxis or get the diagrams yourself if you don't want to spend a lot of money decorating to look halfway decent.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought it unfurnished and added my own random eclectic stuff. Happy. :) Love the aesthetic, the view, even the music. The downstairs landing is very nice for testing builds on target dummies and for dueling.
  • Funhammy
    Funhammy
    ✭✭
    I bought it on sale. No regerts
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    I looked at it (the pic made it look old and spooky)
    it really wasn't big as far as the 15k houses go and really did not seem worth
    the price. it just seemed desolate and was very limited decoration-wise.

I will just wait until something like strident springs (but far bigger)
    comes along and then I will buy one
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SSlarg wrote: »
    I looked at it (the pic made it look old and spooky)
    it really wasn't big as far as the 15k houses go and really did not seem worth
    the price. it just seemed desolate and was very limited decoration-wise.

I will just wait until something like strident springs (but far bigger)
    comes along and then I will buy one

Yeah that's the thing you know there's always something new on the horizon you might want. Makes it tough for me to pull the trigger at all on these purchases. :neutral:

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are going to need to befriend someone that can make the diagrams/praxis or get the diagrams yourself if you don't want to spend a lot of money decorating to look halfway decent.

Also a good point. I'd be buying it furnished but I'd still want to move things around and add stuff to make it my own.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I bought it.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I bought it.

Glad to hear! Furnished or unfurnished?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I bought it.

Glad to hear! Furnished or unfurnished?

Furnished. I almost felt like I had to with this house. The stuff I need to fill it out is already going to be expensive enough. I was scrolling through the furniture pieces available a la carte in the crown store and there is tons of cool stuff in there so I need to go online and figure out what is craftable in game and what isn't. I've been trying to farm the furnishing plans and I'm gonna continue to do that but I've gotten like 1 single green one and that's it. I know there are players out there who know all the plans and can craft them so I think I'm gonna have to find someone like that and buy some pieces off of them. I'm going to need alot of the clockwork trees.
  • Heroeric1337
    Heroeric1337
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the house fully furnished. IMO, its an awesome place!! Overpriced, yes, but as a TES3 Morrowind fanatic I just cant help but be a sucker for anything a construct of anything Morrowind related.